Strategy 2023 SuperCoach Planning

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
By "dodgy" I take it you mean "absolutely killer and not in any way speculative".

I'll be surprised if Newcombe doesn't rise in value by 100k this season given the midfield exodus and his trajectory.
That means he's averaging about 105. Which is hopefully your M8 at worst. I've made the mistake of starting an M8 type in the past. Midfield spots are too valuable to waste on these types imo. They should either be keepers, or are there to make $150k+ and be traded.

That means he's averaging about 105. Which is hopefully your M8 at worst. I've made the mistake of starting an M8 type in the past. Midfield spots are too valuable to waste on these types imo. They should either be keepers, or are there too make $150k+ and be traded.
I'll be more than happy to swap him out for my checks notes sixth North Melbourne player in Tarryn Thomas, so long as the preseason signs are promising. :p

Seriously though, that feedback is pretty helpful.

Might explore downgrading a couple rookies so I can convert him to Tom Green or Bailey Smith or someone.

Something to explore when I'm not notionally "working".

That means he's averaging about 105. Which is hopefully your M8 at worst. I've made the mistake of starting an M8 type in the past. Midfield spots are too valuable to waste on these types imo. They should either be keepers, or are there to make $150k+ and be traded.

Cerra says hi.

Cerra says hi.
I traded him in that year when Rowell went down round 1. Even worse......

Sad Kristen Bell GIF

I looked at both Newk and Rowbottom and have gone Rowbottom at this early stage....Rowey av 107over his last 7 games which prices him at 591K and he's 10k cheaper than Newk. Don't mind that at M8 later in the season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, 5400 X Average is pretty close to the mark.
I believe starting prices were 5444 X Average last year, but the number can fluctuate throughout the season, but I'm not a math wizz, I think gutsroy was the man to go to for this kinda knowledge.

Ted Richards? He making a comeback? haha
Yeah, spot on, just saw team picker is out, will see what the starting MN looks like, but usually around the 5.4k mark. Fluctuates a touch year to year based on additions vs deletions from previous year's pool.
Edit: Plugged in a handful, somewhere around $5505/pt this year?
Highest I can recall.

Last edited:
Better out than in, what a steaming pile of s**t lol.
Nobody else need fear that their side is the worst posted now haha, I got u fam
Screenshot_2022-12-16-10-08-07-582_com.vapormedia.virtualsports.newsafl.jpg

Screenshot_2022-12-16-10-08-16-677_com.vapormedia.virtualsports.newsafl.jpg

Agree with this. The other question I have about Newcombe is whether the expectation that he will improve even that much is actually justified?

I know they got rid of JOM and Titch, and perhaps someone can correct me if I'm wrong here, but didn't he already spend the majority of the year as a first-string midfielder anyway.

Titch and JOM were already shuffled all over the ground this year, so it's not like they were really eating into his midfield time. In the game Titch missed, Newcombe scored 72. In the game JOM missed, he scored 64.

I don't think the depleted Hawks midfield will necessarily turn him into a premium.

Agree with this. The other question I have about Newcombe is whether the expectation that he will improve even that much is actually justified?

I know they got rid of JOM and Titch, and perhaps someone can correct me if I'm wrong here, but didn't he already spend the majority of the year as a first-string midfielder anyway.

Titch and JOM were already shuffled all over the ground this year, so it's not like they were really eating into his midfield time. In the game Titch missed, Newcombe scored 72. In the game JOM missed, he scored 64.

I don't think the depleted Hawks midfield will necessarily turn him into a premium.
Yes yes yes, but what we really need to know as our Swans guru is whether Gould is a lock this year? Surely even a kent like Horse gives a potential superstar like him a go right?

Yes yes yes, but what we really need to know as our Swans guru is whether Gould is a lock this year? Surely even a kent like Horse gives a potential superstar like him a go right?
Do you really need to ask mate?

Don't just lock it in, board up the whole ******* joint, chuck the C on him and call it a day, I reckon.

Don't just lock it in, board up the whole ******* joint, chuck the C on him and call it a day, I reckon.

We aren't allowed to use the C word anymore on here when talking about Gould some people get him confused with Jayden Hunt

Gould a :padlock: ......are we talking the same Gould ....you know, the SYD Ghost ???

dog what.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back