2023-Player-Positions.png

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
The rucks are going to be fun PODs this year I think.
No outstanding candidates like we have had for the last few years.
One of the most nerve racking lines this year .....that and the FWD's ....will we have any decent fwds?

Dunkley, Butters, Rozee should have mid status .....only Heeney, Cameron guaranteed

The more I think about it the more I'm leaning towards starting Gawdy R1&2 next year. They should both average over 100 easily and Gawn might get Ruc/Fwd status by round 6. It gives us a chance to see what rucks have gone to another level.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Forwards look easy to me.
Dunks, TT, Bont, as premos
Will Phillips, The other TT as midpricers.
3 rookies.
Do you think Bont holds his FWD status ?

Didn’t he play mainly MID in the back half of the season ?

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
The more I think about it the more I'm leaning towards starting Gawdy R1&2 next year. They should both average over 100 easily and Gawn might get Ruc/Fwd status by round 6. It gives us a chance to see what rucks have gone to another level.
I’m still big on English …. getting better each season … but at a min starts seasons strongly

May 20, 2009
coburg
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Do you think Bont holds his FWD status ?

Didn’t he play mainly MID in the back half of the season ?
He got it round 12 from memory and was running at about 40% forward time then.
5% is a lot to move back over the last 10 rounds.
Im pretty confident he gets it but Im not certain.

Dec 7, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Manchester United, All Blacks
Bont just scraped it after round 11, was about 37% iirc. Played more mid after that, reckon he's MID only to start with.

Dunkley will be mid/fwd and should be in every team.

1666740765199.png

Dec 7, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
I’m still big on English …. getting better each season … but at a min starts seasons strongly
Marshall and English are the picks if you don't care about injury risk. I'll probably start one of them and Grundy who looks good value, especially if Gawn is playing mainly forward.

I like this idea, they could both end up R/F. Gawn starting at 113, it's just how much does that drop before he gets forward status as to whether he's worth starting.

Dec 7, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
One of the most nerve racking lines this year .....that and the FWD's ....will we have any decent fwds?

Dunkley, Butters, Rozee should have mid status .....only Heeney, Cameron guaranteed
Dunkley will 100% be a forward.

Butters/Rozee not so sure. Taranto a good option, Moore from Hawthorn will be popular. I think we'll want a R/F, just a matter of which one looks best after PS.

Was evident last year how much improvement Draper accomplished in the 2021 off-season .....particularly with his marking

Does not surprise me, he's going to another level this off-season

His average in '22 was lower than in '21.
His marks went from 2.4 a game to 1.6.
He had more marks per game (1.9) in his debut season
You sure you were watching the right bloke?

Maybe Tomorrow already covered it but he only just scraped into getting DPP after round 12 with 55% CBAs.
From Round 13 onwards he averaged 61% CBAs, think it's pretty unlikely that he retains DPP.
Hoping he's mid only anyways as I want to start him and don't want him to be a non factor from round 1.

Dec 7, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams

Maybe Tomorrow already covered it but he only just scraped into getting DPP after round 12 with 55% CBAs.
From Round 13 onwards he averaged 61% CBAs, think it's pretty unlikely that he retains DPP.
Hoping he's mid only anyways as I want to start him and don't want him to be a non factor from round 1.
No Dunkley will make the other dogs mids more popular. Macrae will be first picked for me.

You think Lobb and Darcy in means less time forward for Bont? Might not get forward status next year.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
LOL ....I think so 🤣

I'll put it down to process first .....followed by results LOL
Drapers hands were hard in 2021 ....from the eye, he looked to be taking better marks .....TWT if I'm twaddling

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
No Dunkley will make the other dogs mids more popular. Macrae will be first picked for me.

You think Lobb and Darcy in means less time forward for Bont? Might not get forward status next year.

Yeah figure Dunkley's 50% CBAs will be spread across a whole bunch of players instead of just having 1 player take them all.
Reckon I'll be starting Bont and Macrae.

We got blessed with DPP additions this year, don't think that'll be the norm.

Great data ....which website did this data come from ?

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Brains not in gear .....didn't recognise the site I use all the time :embarrassedv1:

Dec 7, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Great data ....which website did this data come from ?

Dec 7, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Yeah figure Dunkley's 50% CBAs will be spread across a whole bunch of players instead of just having 1 player take them all.
Reckon I'll be starting Bont and Macrae.

We got blessed with DPP additions this year, don't think that'll be the norm.
Well Gawn and/or Grundy are likely. Only need 2-3 SC relevant players to have DPP added for it to have an effect.

May 28, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
English + a couple of rooks seems the way at this stage. Prefer starting injury prone players than trading them in

May 20, 2009
coburg
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yeah absolutely, Once Bont, Smith, Parker were forwards, the line became a pisstake

The same thing seems likely to happen most years
It has not happened historically in fantasy.
Last year was special.
Probably the best move I made all year was completing my mids in round 8 with Bont then moving him forward and taking Zerrett r13.

May 28, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Last year was special.
Probably the best move I made all year was completing my mids in round 8 with Bont then moving him forward and taking Zerrett r13.

Haven't mids like Danger/Bont always been at or near the forward markers, and they decide to keep them Mid-only arbitrarily for the next year to not monopolise forward lines, or am I remembering incorrectly?

Dec 7, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Last year was special.
The year before there was Hodor and another who I can't remember. EDIT - Jelly?

One of Gawn or Grundy will surely get it. Just need one mid like Parker last year to play forward for a couple of early games and that sorts the forward line.

May 20, 2009
coburg
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The year before there was Hodor and another who I can't remember. EDIT - Jelly?

One of Gawn or Grundy will surely get it. Just need one mid like Parker last year to play forward for a couple of early games and that sorts the forward line.
By those figures you posted liber is the man.
fail fat girl GIF

Bang job done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back