Toast 2023 Swans Board Phantom Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

G'day folks,

With the interest & engagement surrounding this year's draft amongst Swans fans, the mods and a few eager beavers on the board thought it'd be a bit of fun to do a phantom draft.

How it works:

Anyone who has participated in a mock draft before will know how these work but for those who haven't, comment below if you wish to register your participation. You can draft for any of the 18 teams, but there can only be one participant per team, so get in quick if you want to participate and want first choice on which team you wish to draft for.

Once the mock draft commences, it will unfold in the current order of the 2023 draft, meaning whoever represents West Coast with pick 1 will be up first, followed by Gold Coast with pick 2, then North with pick 3, and so on.

A quick draft is a good draft, so ideally it requires people who will be willing to post their selection as soon as their pick is up. Eg. taking half a day or more to jump on and post your selection will drag things and kill the vibe. Keep this in mind when registering your interest.

If you don't think you'll be available to make a certain selection at a certain time, DM me a list of your preferences in advance and I'll post it for you (I won't be participating so your lists will be safe with me.)

When you post your selection, if possible add a bit of a reasoning for your choice to make things interesting. How detailed you choose to be is up to you.

Once you've posted, tag the person who is next in the draft order so they know it is their turn. The draft order, selected picks, and users for each team will be at the top of the page in a pinned message so you can always see who is representing which club, who has already been picked and whose selection it is next.

As far as father/son and academy bids go, if you select a player that is tied to another club, tag the person representing that club so they have the opportunity to match the bid. If they match the bid, then it is back to your turn and you make another selection. Just like the actual draft.

For the sake of an interesting mock draft, each person must use at least 3 selections in the draft. Once you have used 3, if you wish to opt out of the draft, just comment 'Pass.'

Enjoy all :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Table of Participants:

TeamUserSelections
AdelaideDan8710,14,20
BrisbaneTicky00930,39,51,54,67
CarltonThe King!22,28,70
Collingwoodsr2019,33,80
EssendonCallipygian9,31,35,61
FremantleDubai Quacker34,46,60,64
GeelongGrand Uncle Horace8,25,76
Gold Coastanotherletdown24, 26,27,32,36,38,66,71
GiantsMembling7,16,43,59,77
HawthornSydneyPhilly4,44,47,49
MelbourneKiama Chris6,11,42
North Melbournerobbieando2,3,15,17,18,57
Port AdelaideBloods8673, 112, 130
Richmondrustycrate29,41, 65,68
St KildaDubai Quacker13,21,40
SydneyThe King!12,45,65, 91
West CoastLukeParkerno11, 23, 37,58
Western Bulldogsrobbieando5,48,50,52,53,56,69

Players selected by team

Players selected by surname

Order of Picks

Round 3

Round 4

Round 5

Last edited by a moderator:
G'day folks,

With the interest & engagement surrounding this year's draft amongst Swans fans, the mods and a few eager beavers on the board thought it'd be a bit of fun to do a phantom draft.

How it works:

Anyone who has participated in a mock draft before will know how these work but for those who haven't, comment below if you wish to register your participation. You can draft for any of the 18 teams, but there can only be one participant per team, so get in quick if you want to participate and want first choice on which team you wish to draft for.

Once the mock draft commences, it will unfold in the current order of the 2023 draft, meaning whoever represents West Coast with pick 1 will be up first, followed by Gold Coast with pick 2, then North with pick 3, and so on.

A quick draft is a good draft, so ideally it requires people who will be willing to post their selection as soon as their pick is up. Eg. taking half a day or more to jump on and post your selection will drag things and kill the vibe. Keep this in mind when registering your interest.

If you don't think you'll be available to make a certain selection at a certain time, DM me a list of your preferences in advance and I'll post it for you (I won't be participating so your lists will be safe with me.)

When you post your selection, if possible add a bit of a reasoning for your choice to make things interesting. How detailed you choose to be is up to you.

Once you've posted, tag the person who is next in the draft order so they know it is their turn. The draft order, selected picks, and users for each team will be at the top of the page in a pinned message so you can always see who is representing which club, who has already been picked and whose selection it is next.

As far as father/son and academy bids go, if you select a player that is tied to another club, tag the person representing that club so they have the opportunity to match the bid. If they match the bid, then it is back to your turn and you make another selection. Just like the actual draft.

For the sake of an interesting mock draft, each person must use at least 3 selections in the draft. Once you have used 3, if you wish to opt out of the draft, just comment 'Pass.'

Enjoy all :)
I would love to participate and will be happy to pick for any team. If I need to have a preference I'll take the Dee's.

I haven't done something like this before but glad to give it a try. I'd be happy to do a WA team or Essendon, Saints, Crows.

When will we do it? Makes some difference to promising availability.

I haven't done something like this before but glad to give it a try. I'd be happy to do a WA team or Essendon, Saints, Crows.

When will we do it? Makes some difference to promising availability.
I'm gonna say once we have all 18 teams sorted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully not spite!

Never on this affable Board Bangers.

You dafty draft experts remind me of an equine vet I know who has a great side earner. He goes to all the sales and takes notes on all the yearling horsies up for sale. His notes are in demand from trainers, buyers and franchisers. I kept him company a few times at the Magic Millions sales.

Sometimes his notes were a little cruel eg “Lot 743, fat plain brown filly - pass”. A little like write ups of some draft prospects, “Decent enough bulky inside mid. gets his hands on the ball but lacks quick decision making and is an average ball user”.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back