Toast 2023 Swans Board Phantom Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Collingwood pass

- I think they'll only take two spots in the main draft.

If they have a list spot available, I'd expect them to pick up Ryan Clarke to teach Nick Daicos how to handle a tag.

Freo have passed (post 383)

GC in debt wouldn't impact Round 5 would it, as picks have zero points to get downgraded?

Does Melbourne have any more picks (doesn't show on the first post)? Same for Pies (after their Rd4 pick).

DQ is St Kilda.
Thanks.
Confession, I've totally confused myself when picks were matched :(
I was using Lore from List Mgmt. - 2023 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals
Melbourne has pick 93 (6,11, 42, 93)

Whilst I don't think WCE take this bloke he deserves a chance

WCE take Will Lorenz

It's been a weird year for Will where he played more on the wing but his best footy has been as a pure centre clearance midfielder. He's basically what I call "best available" at this point.

WCE are done now, 3 mids and 2 talls.

Dubai Quacker you are up for Fremantle

Round 4

Last edited:
So my big ? Is whether The King! in selecting 3 has reneged on the Swans commitment to Sam Reid.

So my big ? Is whether The King! in selecting 3 has reneged on the Swans commitment to Sam Reid.

In this hypothetical world yep we are done Sam

Have asked our social media team to do a tribute and thanks to Reidy- it will be out in June 2024 they tell me

Weirdly I actually like the strategy from Kingy. I have said multiple times and many on here don't agree I wouldn't have matched earlier than 35 for Cleary, after the Grundy trade probably has changed to pick 30 but I get it from Kingy and the players he picked are worth their selections.

Weirdly I actually like the strategy from Kingy. I have said multiple times and many on here don't agree I wouldn't have matched earlier than 35 for Cleary, after the Grundy trade probably has changed to pick 30 but I get it from Kingy and the players he picked are worth their selections.

I am sure Sydney will end up with Cleary and he will probably be fine . But I don't think he is going to be a superstar (just an opinion, hope I am wrong who knows) he also doesn't fill a desperate need, nor does he likely crack seniors anytime soon.

I'd rather look at more desperate needs , but that's probably why I am checking this on a phone between work and not at an AFL club.

I am slightly disappointed we couldn't land James Leake

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am sure Sydney will end up with Cleary and he will probably be fine . But I don't think he is going to be a superstar (just an opinion, hope I am wrong who knows) he also doesn't fill a desperate need, nor does he likely crack seniors anytime soon.

I'd rather look at more desperate needs , but that's probably why I am checking this on a phone between work and not at an AFL club.

I actually agree, he does seem a late second early 3rd match at best. He does everything "well" so to speak but I'm not sure what scope there is, my query is Roberts can basically do that, that said we likely match and bank the midfield depth at worst.

SwansProudly I think remainder of Round 5 goes like this based on Dees passing (post 414) and other passes.

Hawks - SydneyPhilly
Gold Coast - anotherletdown
Port - Me

Round 6 would be Hawks, GC if they wanted, then me to finish off? Eagles have passed now.

Because Hawks and GC have picks left, they just have to be in rounds with zero points linked to picks e.g. 5 and 6. Unless they've explicitly passed (I thought they'd said they would take another 1 at least).

Last edited:
Whilst I don't think WCE take this bloke he deserves a chance

WCE take Will Lorenz

It's been a weird year for Will where he played more on the wing but his best footy has been as a pure centre clearance midfielder. He's basically what I call "best available" at this point.

WCE are done now, 3 mids and 2 talls.

Dubai Quacker you are up for Fremantle
Also, dammit! Was going to be my new 3rd pick after a few others got taken. Back to the drawing board (well, after my 2nd who is locked in unless taken).

Also, dammit! Was going to be my new 3rd pick after a few others got taken. Back to the drawing board (well, after my 2nd who is locked in unless taken).

Too good a player to miss out similar with my last one. He’s one that could be value late.

SwansProudly I think remainder of Round 5 goes like this based on Dees passing (post 414) and other passes.

Hawks - SydneyPhilly
Gold Coast - anotherletdown
Port - Me

Round 6 would be Hawks, GC if they wanted, then me to finish off? Eagles have passed now.

Because Hawks and GC have picks left, they just have to be in rounds with zero points linked to picks e.g. 5 and 6. Unless they've explicitly passed (I thought they'd said they would take another 1 at least).
I took anotherletdown didn't want to go further into 2024 debt
so round 5 is
Hawks - SydneyPhilly
Port (you)
as per updated post Toast - 2023 Swans Board Phantom Draft

I took anotherletdown didn't want to go further into 2024 debt
so round 5 is
Hawks - SydneyPhilly
Port (you)
as per updated post Toast - 2023 Swans Board Phantom Draft
But they can't go further into debt? Unless they are asked to match a bid? They would still have Round 5 and 6 picks if they wanted as that's where picks have zero points anyway (all prior picks with point values were stripped of points). It shouldn't matter if these picks have moved up to picks that would normally have points (as matching and stripping points is a point in time calculation at the bid/match time).

It's possible that Hawks and GC would actually have the first picks of Round 5 before anyone (since that's where earlier picks would be moved to after matching), but that complicates things more. So easier to use ladder position.

The exchange you've quoted has GC saying they are looking at using another pick, not passing?

Maybe I'm wrong but bid matching doesn't remove picks (aside from the 1st used to match to equate to the player taken), it just pushes the remaining back to the appropriate spot, in this case to where picks have no points? Of course, they would need to have list spots.

But they can't go further into debt? Unless they are asked to match a bid? They would still have Round 5 and 6 picks if they wanted as that's where picks have zero points anyway (all prior picks with point values were stripped of points). It shouldn't matter if these picks have moved up to picks that would normally have points (as matching and stripping points is a point in time calculation at the bid/match time).

It's possible that Hawks and GC would actually have the first picks of Round 5 before anyone (since that's where earlier picks would be moved to after matching), but that complicates things more. So easier to use ladder position.

The exchange you've quoted has GC saying they are looking at using another pick, not passing?

Maybe I'm wrong but bid matching doesn't remove picks (aside from the 1st used to match to equate to the player taken), it just pushes the remaining back to the appropriate spot, in this case to where picks have no points. Of course, they would need to have list spots.

anotherletdown can you please confirm you have passed?
Still have a list spot, just didn't want to match and go further into 2024 debt

anotherletdown can you please confirm you have passed?
Still have a list spot, just didn't want to match and go further into 2024 debt
Yep that's what I was referring to. Not matching a bid due to debt, but that's different to using a pick that's been pushed back due to an earlier bid that was matched (which sounds like they want to do).

If we get past the next pick, I'll wait.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back