VFL 2023 Swans Reserves

Remove this Banner Ad

What are the players doing now - predominantly I meant the senior listed players who aren't playing seniors? Some of them were at the AFLW (including some who we don't know if they will be on the list next year e.g. Gould) so I guess they haven't gone on holidays yet.
Whoever hasn’t had to go in for surgery or on injury list would be training as usual, and be ready and available as stand-by players until seniors are out.

Not sure if anyone’s had their exit meetings yet - maybe a few have?

I think of our academy kids, only Cleary is guaranteed to be picked up.

Really hope that the VFL team picks up the others who don't get a spot as I think Cabor, Kirk, Gander and Ryder can all play.
You may be right. I imagine the club would be very aware of delisting Academy players (Bell comes to mind) and potential negatives from that so they might be a bit cautious.
Cleary looked solid at VFL level.

I think of our academy kids, only Cleary is guaranteed to be picked up.

Really hope that the VFL team picks up the others who don't get a spot as I think Cabor, Kirk, Gander and Ryder can all play.

Plus May.

Ryder has had some injuries but has some freaky skills.

Cleary is a player; I haven't seen May; agree Rider has awesome skills/moments; not sold on Gander or Kirk; Cabor was a bit anonymous in his couple of VFL games. But absolutely I hope they get a run in the State leagues if they don't get selected by an AFL team and then take their talent as far as they can.

I thought Cabor had the freaky skills, X factor but it could have been Ryder, the commentators try hard but they call the wrong player I find.

Reminds me of losing votes in the B&F to a player who looked like me who usually played better, but I had a stormer that game many moons ago! 😂

You may be right. I imagine the club would be very aware of delisting Academy players (Bell comes to mind) and potential negatives from that so they might be a bit cautious.
Cleary looked solid at VFL level.
Why is delisting academy players a negative ? if no good their no good

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does playing in the highest profile second tier competition (the VFL) equate to seemingly disappearing for two years from the football scene?
Zerohanger doesn't like doing the whole research thing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back