List Mgmt. 2023 Trade Thread - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 14, 2012
The River Murray
AFL Club
St Kilda
After 2 years of what looks like a decent period in the draft, I am expecting us to go a little harder at the trade table this year.

It looks like a fairly ordinary year in terms of free agents, but there are some good young players coming out of contract.

Finn Callaghan would be at the top of that list.

Callaghan played with Windhager, Owens, Heath, Peris and McLennan at the Dragons which may help our cause.

Last edited:
After 2 years of what looks like a decent period in the draft, I am expecting us to go a little harder at the trade table this year.

It looks like a fairly ordinary year in terms of free agents, but there are some good young players coming out of contract.

Finn Callaghan would be at the top of that list.

Callaghan played with Windhager, Owens, Heath, Peris and McLennan at the Dragons which may help our cause.
Ben McKay

I doubt we would trade for another midfielder, when we desperately need another key tall forward/2nd ruckman. Hayes might come on and kill it when he returns but we still need another ready to play tall IMO. Agree with Mowman also Ben McKay as free agent would be nice.

Last edited:

Pretty hard to tell yet. Based on last year we still need quality mids first but I have a feeling that will change by years end and we may have an oversupply. We need a key or forward ruck urgently. Think we are ok for tall backs. At the end of the day if someone wants to come to us who has real class you grab them wherever they play.

I doubt we would trade for another midfielder, when we desperately need another key tall forward/2nd ruckman. Hayes might come on and kill it when he retrurns but we still need another ready to play tall IMO. Agree with Mowman also Ben McKay as free agent would be nice.
All well and good if there is a good key forward available that wants to come, but the chances of getting a quality one in the draft is never high.

I can see us targeting a McLean type and no doubt Ben King will again be a target the following year

I doubt we would trade for another midfielder, when we desperately need another key tall forward/2nd ruckman. Hayes might come on and kill it when he retrurns but we still need another ready to play tall IMO. Agree with Mowman also Ben McKay as free agent would be nice.
Have been putting work into him the last 2 years

Would love Callaghan but another key forward should be our main target.

Harry Himmelberg the only notable of the gettable KPF's on the Free Agents list so more likely will be looking at someone via a trade.

From our own players, getting Gresh (RFA) and NWM extended should be our highest priority.
There just aren’t a lot of others out contract this year unfortunately.

A few s**t kickers but outside of that we’d be targeting contracted players and paying a premium.

Agree it’s our biggest need though

There just aren’t a lot of others out contract this year unfortunately.

A few s**t kickers but outside of that we’d be targeting contracted players and paying a premium.

Agree it’s our biggest need though
Tom De Koning would cost a lot but would someone worth enquiring about.

With it likely being Franklin, Riewoldt, Walker and even Hawkins last season, it could be a tough year in the key forward trade market too.

Tom De Koning would cost a lot but would someone worth enquiring about.

With it likely being Franklin, Riewoldt, Walker and even Hawkins last season, it could be a tough year in the key forward trade market too.
Nick Bryan from Essendon is someone we’ve shown interest in and would come cheap

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Callaghan is available .... do what it takes

Can never have too many gun mids

Imagine .... Windy, Owens, Wanga, Phillipou, Bytel, Hotton and Callaghan all thru the middle in a few years... with the added experience of Steele, Sincs, Clark & Gresh still available
Another 190+ mid. We would absolutely bully teams.

Yes, but won't happen.
Most likely not
But we have been speaking to him and his management for 2 years now, we have the hots for him can only have a crack

Should be easy enough to pry out of GWS this year. It would cost our FRDP but thats perfectly fine.
Hopefully Keeler, Allison or Sharman can alleviate the need for another KPF in the short term.
Ross has said we will be going to draft the next couple of years I thought

Admittedly l haven't seen him in years but would Phil Davis be worth a 2y deal if GWS want to move him on?
No
He is done
Hamstrings are gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back