List Mgmt. 2023 Trade & List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

i dont mean to alarm people

but i heard from what i would consider a solid source that lohmann wants to return to victoria
Not surprising. But let's see, if we manage to hang on to him for a couple more years, he'll replace Linc.

I suspect there will be a significant number of players looking for a new club at the end of the season. Prior, Robertson, Fullerton, Mathieson, Fort and Lyons spring immediately to mind. Lyons is currently 30 years old and the prospect of a 2 or three year deal at a new club to finish his career playing regular senior football would be enticing. Just looking at Carlton’s midfield last night, Lyons would slot in beautifully there.

I suspect there will be a significant number of players looking for a new club at the end of the season. Prior, Robertson, Fullerton, Mathieson, Fort and Lyons spring immediately to mind. Lyons is currently 30 years old and the prospect of a 2 or three year deal at a new club to finish his career playing regular senior football would be enticing. Just looking at Carlton’s midfield last night, Lyons would slot in beautifully there.
IMO the Blues don't need another slow midfielder so I wouldn't be going after Lyons if I was the Blues.

On the others I can't see Fullarton getting any offers as he has done very little at senior level.

I could see Prior and Robertson looking for senior opportunities, I wonder what we would get from the Eagles if they went in the one trade deal.

Fort is a must keep as a back up to O.

It would be sad to see Matho leave after all these years but he is not a need as his part of the ground is covered very well now.

It would be a blow to lose all 6 though, would severely affect our depth if heaven forbid we suffered a bad injury run eg. anywhere near like what the Eagles have had this season.

Need to keep Lyons. He's the highest quality next in line if we need to cover one of the inside mids. He has a contract for next year and 8 games away from 100 for our club so keeping him is a priority. I believe he's working as midfield strategist as well so staying on wouldn't be a bad outcome for him.

Need to keep Lyons. He's the highest quality next in line if we need to cover one of the inside mids. He has a contract for next year and 8 games away from 100 for our club so keeping him is a priority. I believe he's working as midfield strategist as well so staying on wouldn't be a bad outcome for him.
I agree, but I suspect a quality player like Lyons would not be satisfied having been “tagged” as a reserves grade footballer at Brisbane, waiting for injuries to get a game. Lyons would be a walk up start at a new club in 2024 and he would play senior football every week.

I still think Kai stays at this point.
If he goes, it will be because he sees too many in front of him and he wants to play senior footy. Good luck to him and anyone who leaves. Younger people tend to be impatient and I can’t see Lohmann deciding that his AFL career involves playing in the reserves and filling in occasionally if one of a small group of like players is injured.

It would be a blow to lose all 6 though, would severely affect our depth if heaven forbid we suffered a bad injury run eg. anywhere near like what the Eagles have had this season.
Depth is easily replaceable. It's top tear level players that are hard to recruit. We have been fortunate under Fagan we have been able to attract players such as Lachie, Joe, Dunks etc...

When our top tear players begin to ask to leave I would start to worry.

Last edited:
Depth is easily replaceable. It's top tear level players that are hard to recruit. We have been fortunate under Fagan we have been able to attract players such as Lachie, Joe, Dunks etc...

When our top tear players begin to ask to leave I would start to worry.
Agree, although there is good, bad and horrid depth.... our depth players at the moment are of a pretty good standard for depth players.

:think: If that makes sense, I may have used the word depth too much:shoutyoldman:.

Should we be worried about ah chee? Ooc and seemingly out of favour

Fort will be hard to hang on to if the ruck merry-go-round starts

Dev will go. We are well covered for his position now. We should be more worried about prior

Lohmann could easily plaf finals and stay.

I agree with the earlier poster that at least it’s only depth agitating to leave BUT we have zorko and rich about to go, plus a scarily good run with injuries that will end at some point. We need to be tactical and try to sign up the key ones now if we can

Wonder what we would get for those potentially leaving?

Lohmann - pick 30?
Robertson - pick 35?

If we somehow jag a flag it will be easier, classic ‘couldn’t get s game in a great side’ commentary will kick in

Dev will go. We are well covered for his position now. We should be more worried about prior

I agree with the earlier poster that at least it’s only depth agitating to leave BUT we have zorko and rich about to go, plus a scarily good run with injuries that will end at some point. We need to be tactical and try to sign up the key ones now if we can

Lohmann - pick 30?
Robertson - pick 35?

If we somehow jag a flag it will be easier, classic ‘couldn’t get s game in a great side’ commentary will kick in

Ah Chee is injured. He's definitely AFL quality and could make most vest 22s IMO

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sinking 2 first round picks into a small forward when you don't need one. Who would've thought...

What happened to the poster that called that out on draft night?

Lohmann - pick 30?
Robertson - pick 35?

Would the club be likely to tell potentially affected players on our list that there could be more opportunities next season because Richy and Zorks will be retiring? That's if the club is even privy to/been told of their their intentions yet.

What happened to the poster that called that out on draft night?
I can not recall your honour.

If you look at that draft there is not much after Kai's selection(pick 20) that were available who have done anything worthwhile at AFL level other than Mitchito Owens who went to the Saints at pick 33.

Lohmann - pick 30?
Robertson - pick 35?

Lohmann - pick 30?
Robertson - pick 35?

Lohmann I’d hope for the Tigers second round pick.

Robertson we’d be lucky to get Port’s third rounder off West Coast.

I can not recall your honour.

If you look at that draft there is not much after Kai's selection(pick 20) that were available who have done anything worthwhile at AFL level other than Mitchito Owens who went to the Saints at pick 33.
There’s a few who are starting to get games and showing something.

Last edited:
There’s a few who are starting to get games and show something.

(Un)fortunately if they came to Brisbane, they'd most likely be in a similar situation anyway.

As an aside, based on what I've seen at AFL and VFL level, if we had to lose one, I'd personally be more disappointed to lose Tunstill than Robertson. I really rate Tunstill, and I don't think he has a big flaw like Robertson's kicking.

We can’t be losing Lohmann, Prior, Robertson, Fullarton, Tunstill, Ah Chee, Mathieson, Fort in one hit.

We’ll end up with a poorly balanced Super Coach team of stars + rookies and no ready made depth.

Adams, Zorko, Rich, McCarthy, Gunston, Lyons all potentially in their last year or two. And as someone else mentioned, that’s not considering our amazing injury run.

I’d prioritise Tunstill, Lohmann, and Prior if we can encourage them to stay. Surely they would see a spot opening up very soon.

Hopefully Levi and Fletcher come on as well. And we find a developing KPD and KPF.

We can’t be losing Lohmann, Prior, Robertson, Fullarton, Tunstill, Ah Chee, Mathieson, Fort in one hit.

We’ll end up with a poorly balanced Super Coach team of stars + rookies and no ready made depth.

Adams, Zorko, Rich, McCarthy, Gunston, Lyons all potentially in their last year or two. And as someone else mentioned, that’s not considering our amazing injury run.

I’d prioritise Tunstill, Lohmann, and Prior if we can encourage them to stay. Surely they would see a spot opening up very soon.

Hopefully Levi and Fletcher come on as well. And we find a developing KPD and KPF.

I agree. One of our bigger strengths at the moment is our depth, and like you said with some key spots opening up over the next few years, it would be nice if we weren't expecting first and second years to step into their roles.

I know it doesn't mean as much these days, but Tunstill and Prior are contracted through to 2025 and 2024, respectively, which hopefully means we're in a better position to retain them.

I know he hasn't shown much at AFL level, but Fullarton is a priority for mine as well. We've seen how long these KPF take to develop, and it's finally started to click at VFL level for him. He is a tough one to replace in terms of playable KPF depth that can still develop.

Dom Abrogio and his recruiting team deserve a lot of credit for our savvy trading over the years, but the 2019 pick trade with Port that we then compounded and pushed down the line in 2020 wasn't their finest moment.
And the 2020 trade and draft period just compounded that by effectively trading that first round pick in to 2021 and trading the other first round pick for a second round pick that got swallowed up matching the Blake Coleman bid.

Has anyone been watching Paddy Dow in Carlton’s VFL team?

Will be available at the end of the season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back