List Mgmt. 2023 Trade & List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Ash Johnson would fit into our system a lot better than Gunston.
But Collingwood would be mad to let him go. And I doubt he is looking elsewhere to be honest, other than to drive his price up and for some bargaining power.

When fully fit is he best 22 for Collingwood?

With McStay, Mihocek and the 2 rucks playing

No the article was about Pre-Agents for 2024 and mentioned both Hugh and Bez I honestly thought they were signed for longer

Being a preagent doesnt mean they're out of contract as you said in your first post

But yeah time flies. IIRC Hugh signed his current deal at a Tasmanian preseason camp in 2019

Just watched Mitch Robbo's latest video, he was saying that Cedric Cox is living with him now and has set his sights on getting back into the AFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lacked a bit of white line fever and mongrel.

I'd definitely rookie him though
Agree, he definitely had the natural talent, very good kick. If he wants to get back badly enough as Mitch suggests he might have discovered the desire and mongrel/intensity to give it a red hot crack, is still only 26 years old.

Edit >

Trigger warning - There is some footage of Dayne Beams in the video.:eek:;)

Last edited:
Berry is going to be an interesting one for us moving forward with regards to if and how much we spend on keeping him.

He really hasn’t kicked on as we’d all hoped, mainly due to injuries, but if he is physically incapable of producing more, it may be that we and he has to look at other options.

I believe he isn’t a FA until next year, so I guess he still has another 12 months to get the body right although by the sounds of it, it’s a career thing for him.

Berry is going to be an interesting one for us moving forward with regards to if and how much we spend on keeping him.

He really hasn’t kicked on as we’d all hoped, mainly due to injuries, but if he is physically incapable of producing more, it may be that we and he has to look at other options.

I believe he isn’t a FA until next year, so I guess he still has another 12 months to get the body right although by the sounds of it, it’s a career thing for him.

For me if we could get an early second and a later future pick for Bez, and he could get to somewhere he wanted to go I'd be happy to do a mutually beneficial trade. If we can't get something in that range I'd keep him for next year and see what happens.

At some point we'll blood Jaspa Fletcher to play wing (probably not this year) and he's a bit in no mans land with Dunkley coming in. His best is undoubtedly very good but as you say its pretty infrequent.

Clugg on the other hand is an obvious re-signing. Been a bit down on form but I'd like him to be a one club player.

Lost 13 of the last 14 at the G. We’ve lost the same way every time in recent memory.

We have too many players that can’t run! The Gabba covers these flaws. Length is smaller and it’s easier to condense or force a team wide. Our centre bounce game at the Gabba is also strong and it brings our taller forwards into it.

We haven’t go the players that can get up and back as well as the best teams and we also have slow to react/ silly footballers. Hard to carry those types of the players.

We need to place more emphasis on footy IQ and running/ endurance players. Harry Sharp is the type of player I’m thinking but he’s just a little small and struggles with the physicality.

Lost 13 of the last 14 at the G. We’ve lost the same way every time in recent memory.

We have too many players that can’t run! The Gabba covers these flaws. Length is smaller and it’s easier to condense or force a team wide. Our centre bounce game at the Gabba is also strong and it brings our taller forwards into it.

We haven’t go the players that can get up and back as well as the best teams and we also have slow to react/ silly footballers. Hard to carry those types of the players.

We need to place more emphasis on footy IQ and running/ endurance players. Harry Sharp is the type of player I’m thinking but he’s just a little small and struggles with the physicality.

Sharp has put on some weight and I’m pretty sure played inside in his youth. In his three games he’s actually not been afraid of getting his body in there but I think it gets overlooked with him being a great runner. Not saying he should be playing inside but he’s got a lot more contested/inside skills for a winger compared to say Ah Chee.

Sharp has put on some weight and I’m pretty sure played inside in his youth. In his three games he’s actually not been afraid of getting his body in there but I think it gets overlooked with him being a great runner. Not saying he should be playing inside but he’s got a lot more contested/inside skills for a winger compared to say Ah Chee.
I think he played his best game for us last time he played. Was surprised he was dropped.

I think he played his best game for us last time he played. Was surprised he was dropped.

I really hope he’s in next week on the wing. I feel like Robertson is a liability there considering how easy we’ve been beat on the spread when he’s played there. I think Dev stays in but goes inside as Clug goes out.

Long term I also think Wilmot goes inside. He has very good hands and great burst from the contest. Don’t think it’ll be anytime soon, but will be there eventually like Laird and Dawson for the Crows.

I haven’t noticed the poor play from Berry like many have talked about. Though I’m not willing to dismiss it since I think I just have some rose coloured glasses on. I really think he can still be a long term wing option but maybe just needs a spell.

I am starting to dislike the continuity of the team, as I feel like omissions can never be looked at as anything but a long term change. I feel like there’s been plenty of injury changes but I think the only the only genuine changes due to form have been Joyce for Lester, Lester for Gardiner, and then Prior for Coleman. Every other change has been from players coming in/out from injuries or the early structural changes we made after round one and round three.

Omission will never be positive, but I feel like it’s a lot worse because it hasn’t really been normalised that our players can ever be dropped and have a realistic path back into the team. I don’t subscribe to the pets idea, but I do think there’s a rigid view of what the best 22 looks like.

Don't see Sharp in the same category as Ah Chee re contested /inside skills. Ah Chee is excellent in a contested situation.

I can see why people say Sharp will be good. I'm just not getting it at the moment on anything I've seen.

Dev needs to get more games at AFL level in the VFL he’s been our best player this year he’s run and carry is fantastic with Hughy likely to miss Robertson would be great on a wing he was probably 1 of very few who can actually hold he’s head up after Saturday’s debacle
Period Comma GIF by Use Commas

Remove this Banner Ad

Back