List Mgmt. 2023 Trade & List Management Thread III

Remove this Banner Ad

I suspect it’s just a precaution he’s probably on a modified program, non-contact, to protect him then into full training after Christmas.
He appeared to be on this type of modified program every time he attended a ruck contest over the past couple of seasons.

Encouraging that we're addressing list balance. To date, changes haven't been like for like.

In terms of best out -> in comparisons:

Bonar -> Dawson
Cunnington -> McKercher
Edwards -> Nyuon
Goldstein -> Goad
Hall -> Fisher
Howe -> Stephens
Mahony ->
McKay -> Pink
Perez -> Hardeman
Spicer ->
Turner -> Duursma
Young ->
Ziebell ->

To be honest, there are no good comparisons for McKercher and Duursma.

Excluding Goldy, McKay and maybe Ziebell, we did not get much production from the 'outs' last season. The 'ins' are significant upgrades.

Except for Shiels and Greenwood, all our players should be expecting to improve this year.

If you think opposition posters are mad about our draft assistance now, just wait until we make the 8 :D

Encouraging that we're addressing list balance. To date, changes haven't been like for like.

Bonar -> Dawson
Cunnington -> McKercher
Edwards -> Nyuon
Goldstein -> Goad
Hall -> Fisher
Howe -> Stephens
Mahony ->
McKay -> Pink
Perez -> Hardeman
Spicer ->
Turner -> Duursma
Young ->
Ziebell ->

Excluding Goldy, McKay and maybe Ziebell, we did not get much production from the 'outs' last season. The 'ins' are significant upgrades.

Except for Shiels and Greenwood, all our players should be expecting to improve this year.

If you think opposition posters are mad about our draft assistance now, just wait until we make the 8 :D
I just love we have ruck and KPD break glass options when previously we haven't.

KPF isn't horrible either really. Larkey, CCJ, comben, duursma and zurhaar as hybrid. Suppose biggie and pink might be able to pinch?

2 spots left to fill
Either

A) ND pick 48 and rookie pick 2
B) rookie pick 2 and 20
C) either half of option a and keep a spot spare for ssp with train in options

With rookie pick 2 I’d still go after James Borlase who crows will rookie a few picks later
Log will go on LTI and we will get mid season pick with that do you think

2 spots left to fill
Either

B) rookie pick 2 and 20

With rookie pick 2 I’d still go after James Borlase who crows will rookie a few picks later
Is it too late to rookie Taylor?

I just love we have ruck and KPD break glass options when previously we haven't.

KPF isn't horrible either really. Larkey, CCJ, comben, duursma and zurhaar as hybrid. Suppose biggie and pink might be able to pinch?
We'll hopefully have George as a hybrid forward as well.

Bonar -> Dawson
Cunnington -> McKercher
Edwards -> Nyuon
Goldstein -> Goad
Hall -> Fisher
Howe -> Stephens
Mahony ->
McKay -> Pink
Perez -> Hardeman
Spicer ->
Turner -> Duursma
Young ->
Ziebell ->
That indicates 4 more list spots to fill, but we only have 2 spots. Where is the discrepancy?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That indicates 4 more list spots to fill, but we only have 2 spots. Where is the discrepancy?
We had extra players on our list due to LTI (George/Mahony) and making those players inactive. We're at 42 atm with 2 to go. Last year we had 46.

Mahony -> Hanson as a mid-season pickup could be included in this.
Similarly you could say (for example Young) -> Shiels who we took after the draft to cover George

So with that in mind and using Joshen's concept, we are still to 'replace' Ziebell and Spicer tonight/tomorrow. If we take similar types then we have pretty much maintained our list composition. If we instead draft talls or rucks then IMO we are addressing the balance.

Bonar -> Dawson
Cunnington -> McKercher
Edwards -> Nyuon
Goldstein -> Goad
Hall -> Fisher
Howe -> Stephens
Mahony ->
McKay -> Pink
Perez -> Hardeman
Spicer ->
Turner -> Duursma
Young ->
Ziebell ->

I like what you have done here mate.

The big changes in 'type' are clearly Bonar becoming Dawson (much taller), McKercher giving us heaps more on the outside compared to Cunners and Duursma giving us a bzillion times more x-factor, speed, skills and height over Turner.

The rest are all like-for-like IMO, albeit hoping we have upgraded on them all!

To me, it suggests we still need another tall or 2. Before doing this my gutfeel was we needed more small forwards. But looking at it, we probably have the right amount, just that the ones we have need upgrading. Hopefully next year.

2 spots left to fill
Either

B) rookie pick 2 and 20

Yes I agree on Borlase I’m surprised he was cut from the crows I’d be taking him with our 1st Rookie pick

We had extra players on our list due to LTI (George/Mahony) and making those players inactive. We're at 42 atm with 2 to go. Last year we had 46.
Ok, so we can wipe Mahony and Spicer off that list like they never existed.

Duursma is more a replacement for Ziebs (medium fwd/mid/def).
So we need to find replacements for
Turner > small forward, and
Young > tall forward (list balance).

Make it happen Brady.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back