List Mgmt. 2023 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edit: will update if ppl happy for this to sticky

Ok starting the hit list of names mentioned in any rumour as linked to us for 2023 trade period.
  • Mac Andrew
  • Hunter Clark
  • Zac Fisher
  • Sam Flanders
  • Mitch Georgiades
  • Liam Henry
  • Dougal Howard
  • Lewis Melican
  • Jack Silvagni
  • Dylan Stephens
  • Adam Tomlinson

Last edited:
I reckon if we make a huge jump on the ladder this season as I expect, players from other clubs will be queuing up to play under Clarkson. Should also be able to retain LDU and McKay.

Ok who’s the guys under the most pressure to get a new deal

Likely to be delisted
Spicer
Bonar
Mahony
Tuner
Young
Comben to get in the ground

Trade bait

Taylor
Greenwood
Corr

Retire

Ziebs
Sheils

Could be a few list changes

Hopefully the above lift their game to put pressure on the senior players

Likely to be delisted
Spicer
Bonar
Mahony
Tuner
Young

Trade bait

Taylor
Greenwood
Corr

Retire

Ziebs
Sheils

Isn't Greenwood old mate Noble's version of Shiels on better money and a longer contract? Not much trade value.

Likely to be delisted
Spicer
Bonar
Mahony
Tuner
Young

Trade bait

Taylor
Greenwood
Corr

Retire

Ziebs
Sheils

Hall & Goldy on retirement watch based on their years too.
Howe could potentially be another delist. Disagree that Young or Comben would get delisted unless they have horrible years. Corr & Taylor will be kept on as valuable depth; worth more to us than we can get territory.

That article suggested McKay would attract a contract offer worth $800k per year to extend with us. How is that realistic? He is good and important to us, but surely not $800k good. I thought Carlton might have an interest in him under free agency, but I doubt they'd have the salary cap capacity to fit him in to play with his brother.

That article suggested McKay would attract a contract offer worth $800k per year to extend with us. How is that realistic? He is good and important to us, but surely not $800k good. I thought Carlton might have an interest in him under free agency, but I doubt they'd have the salary cap capacity to fit him in to play with his brother.
best key defender in our side who plays a crucial role in the team.
I can see him commanding 800k.
Especially if we're paying the likes of TT 700.

Very realistic. I'd be wrapped if we signed him to 5 X $750K / $800K.

Logue is rumored to be on $700k, Corr was on circa $600k also.

So we will have a fair chunk of change on our key backs on long term deals.

No pressure boys and definitely no excuses next year.

They are all getting paid as if they are elite defenders in the league, so better perform accordingly.

Get McKay and LDU done and front load them as much as possible before Phillips, Wardlaw, Sheezel, Powell, Curtis, George all enter the next stages of their careers.

Our payment structure is likely a problem down the track, very few players in flag sides are earning north of $800k per year. Dangerfield has earn't roughly that at his time in Geelong.

Martin probably only on around $1-$1.1 at Richmond and that was fairly unusual.

It's fine to pay your best players that amount when at the bottom, but we need the ability to front load so they aren't on those amounts when we do get better.

I wasn’t aware that Dylan Moore had once been delisted. That’s a huge * up by the Hawks.

He is one of the three most promising pieces of their rebuild so far, and now clubs are going to make Hawthorn pay a premium in a year where they are tipped to win the wooden spoon.

Given his youth, if he backs up his 2022 form there will be some crazy offers by other teams trying to pry him out. Geelong is one team imagine would try to target him given their endless cap space and attempt to pivot to a younger generation.

I wasn’t aware that Dylan Moore had once been delisted. That’s a huge * up by the Hawks.

He is one of the three most promising pieces of their rebuild so far, and now clubs are going to make Hawthorn pay a premium in a year where they are tipped to win the wooden spoon.

Given his youth, if he backs up his 2022 form there will be some crazy offers by other teams trying to pry him out. Geelong is one team imagine would try to target him given their endless cap space and attempt to pivot to a younger generation.

Not only this year, but every contract year of his career.

He's an automatic unrestricted free agent every single time he comes out of contract for the remainder of his career.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Logue is rumored to be on $700k, Corr was on circa $600k also.

So we will have a fair chunk of change on our key backs on long term deals.

No pressure boys and definitely no excuses next year.

They are all getting paid as if they are elite defenders in the league, so better perform accordingly.

Get McKay and LDU done and front load them as much as possible before Phillips, Wardlaw, Sheezel, Powell, Curtis, George all enter the next stages of their careers.

Our payment structure is likely a problem down the track, very few players in flag sides are earning north of $800k per year. Dangerfield has earn't roughly that at his time in Geelong.

Martin probably only on around $1-$1.1 at Richmond and that was fairly unusual.

It's fine to pay your best players that amount when at the bottom, but we need the ability to front load so they aren't on those amounts when we do get better.
If those amounts aren't front loaded contract amounts, it only proves that North is still poorly run. The money this club has offered to attract some very ordinary players to the club over the years is ridiculous.

If those amounts aren't front loaded contract amounts, it only proves that North is still poorly run. The money this club has offered to attract some very ordinary players to the club over the years is ridiculous.
I think it's more that you are out of touch with how much it costs to attract best 22/highly touted KPP from other clubs, particularly when they are joining a club that is 18th placed

I think it's more that you are out of touch with how much it costs to attract best 22/highly touted KPP from other clubs, particularly when they are joining a club that is 18th placed
Many have not been key position players. Even before we were rock bottom for the last three years we offered ridiculous money to get the likes of Pittard and Polec.

Many have not been key position players. Even before we were rock bottom for the last three years we offered ridiculous money to get the likes of Pittard and Polec.
Polec yes. Pittard was thrown in.
Logue a WA boy coming to the wooden spooners, of course he comes at a premium.
We've splashed stupid money around over the last decade for sure, but have we actually given it to anyone other than Polec?

No one would dispute that we were poorly run when we paid Polec big dollars. Different football department, so not really sure why you're criticizing our current football department. Are you going to criticize Clarko for Nobles game plan as well?

Did they pay Pittard ridiculous money? That's news to me.

Polec yes. Pittard was thrown in.
Logue a WA boy coming to the wooden spooners, of course he comes at a premium.
We've splashed stupid money around over the last decade for sure, but have we actually given it to anyone other than Polec?

Stephenson was/is on a decent wedge of $500-$600k, but that was seen as a good deal at the time. Can't re-write history.

Most people in the industry baulked at Corr's wage when he came over, I think he very much fits in the splashing stupid money category at $600k-$700k per year for what is an absolutely run of the mill AFL defender, someone not a massive improvement over the bloke we just delisted.

Greenwood is apparently on $450/$500k with a trigger for a 3rd year (I think he may have triggered it?), which looks like a shocking deal now, but came with praise when it was done.

Aiden Bonar and Paul Ahern were both GWS second contract salary dumps and were rumored to be on $400k per year.

Aaron Hall, Dom Tyson and Jasper Pittard would have all moved for more than the AFL average wage.

Rarely has it worked well when we've opened the cheque book.

The exception being Higgins, Waite and Dal Santo.

Lets hope Logue and Tucker buck the trend.

Stephenson was/is on a decent wedge of $500-$600k, but that was seen as a good deal at the time. Can't re-write history.

Most people in the industry baulked at Corr's wage when he came over, I think he very much fits in the splashing stupid money category at $600k-$700k per year for what is an absolutely run of the mill AFL defender, someone not a massive improvement over the bloke we just delisted.

Greenwood is apparently on $450/$500k with a trigger for a 3rd year (I think he may have triggered it?), which looks like a shocking deal now, but came with praise when it was done.

Aiden Bonar and Paul Ahern were both GWS second contract salary dumps and were rumored to be on $400k per year.

Aaron Hall, Dom Tyson and Jasper Pittard would have all moved for more than the AFL average wage.

Rarely has it worked well when we've opened the cheque book.

The exception being Higgins, Waite and Dal Santo.

Lets hope Logue and Tucker buck the trend.
Has not helped any of them that they've walked into a basketcase of a football program. As an example, Stephenson & Corr have both showed that they are more then competent AFL footballers when in a good system.

Has not helped any of them that they've walked into a basketcase of a football program. As an example, Stephenson & Corr have both showed that they are more then competent AFL footballers when in a good system.

Yeah, well, they were also meant to be the difference makers that propelled us further up the ladder, hence the big bucks.

Corr had his toe issue and effectively missed a year. But he had ample opportunity playing next to one of the best key backs in the comp and I think the fact we went out and spent another $700k per year on a guy that can play on smalls and talls (basically what Corr was mooted to do) is proof enough of where the football department thinks he sits.

Stevo is a downhill skier, I say that in the nicest way possible.

He's the type of player I want in our side as we move up the ladder. He could be a game breaker in finals.

Yeah, well, they were also meant to be the difference makers that propelled us further up the ladder, hence the big bucks.

Corr had his toe issue and effectively missed a year. But he had ample opportunity playing next to one of the best key backs in the comp and I think the fact we went out and spent another $700k per year on a guy that can play on smalls and talls (basically what Corr was mooted to do) is proof enough of where the football department thinks he sits.

Stevo is a downhill skier, I say that in the nicest way possible.

He's the type of player I want in our side as we move up the ladder. He could be a game breaker in finals.
Corr was always a third tall. He will be better next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back