List Mgmt. 2023 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edit: will update if ppl happy for this to sticky

Ok starting the hit list of names mentioned in any rumour as linked to us for 2023 trade period.
  • Mac Andrew
  • Hunter Clark
  • Zac Fisher
  • Sam Flanders
  • Mitch Georgiades
  • Liam Henry
  • Dougal Howard
  • Lewis Melican
  • Jack Silvagni
  • Dylan Stephens
  • Adam Tomlinson

Last edited:
I would have a go at him. Is 26, oozes leadership and class. Didn’t think we had any chance, however you would think a contender wouldn’t be interested as out for majority of 2024.

Upside is enormous for a rebuilding club, on and off the field.
He is all class that's for sure and has been through tougher things than an ACL as awful as that is.

Family tragedy inspiring AFL star's injury rehab

Elijah Hollands cant break into the Suns best 22 atm. He is contracted til the end of 2024.
Will Hamill is another one that is contracted till the end of 2024. Great ball user off half back and cant break into Adelaide's best 22.
Thoughts?

Elijah Hollands cant break into the Suns best 22 atm. He is contracted til the end of 2024.
Will Hamill is another one that is contracted till the end of 2024. Great ball user off half back and cant break into Adelaide's best 22.
Thoughts?

I really like Hollands, but not sure what role he'd play for us. He doesn't have the tank to be a wingman, and he isn't going to get games across half forward us with the like of Sheez, Zurhaar and potentially Watson rotating through there. Like Flanders, if he came cheap enough I'd consider it though.

I've always been a big fan of him but I'd love for us to target Alex Witherden from West Coast. He's out of contract this year and has been dropped a couple of times in the past at West Coast.

He's that perfect distributor off half back. He can distribute and he can accumulate. Can generally roost the footy 55+m too. Would much prefer the ball in his hands compared to someone like Hall.

I've always been a big fan of him but I'd love for us to target Alex Witherden from West Coast. He's out of contract this year and has been dropped a couple of times in the past at West Coast.

He's that perfect distributor off half back. He can distribute and he can accumulate. Can generally roost the footy 55+m too. Would much prefer the ball in his hands compared to someone like Hall.

He doesn't defend, but everything else as you mentioned is very good.

Bread McKenzie mk II

Thoughts?
Isn’t Hanukkah the one that gets concussed a lot

I really like Hollands, but not sure what role he'd play for us. He doesn't have the tank to be a wingman, and he isn't going to get games across half forward us with the like of Sheez, Zurhaar and potentially Watson rotating through there. Like Flanders, if he came cheap enough I'd consider it though.
Could you see Hollands taking Ziebell's role in the back half?
He’s a very good kick of the ball. Good size and height.
His competition for a spot would be with McDonald, Goater, Bergman and Perez.
Although individually some have shown promise there’s no real superstar back there.

Side note isn’t he a Caulfield grammar kid? Same year as Phillips.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Either does Hall.

Most clubs can afford to carry a player in the backline if they are damaging by foot.

I don't want to replace Hall with somebody who has similar faults to him.

Thinking back to recent premiership sides most of their back halfs can defend and play their role in a team defence.

Although individually some have shown promise there’s no real superstar back there.

I watched Hollands play a half in the VFL Saturday against Gold Coast.

Certainly didn't look in the superstar category to me (albeit playing on a wing).

Jeremy Sharp dominated however. Reckon he'd help us on the other wing to Scott.

I watched Hollands play a half in the VFL Saturday against Gold Coast.

Certainly didn't look in the superstar category to me (albeit playing on a wing).

Jeremy Sharp dominated however. Reckon he'd help us on the other wing to Scott.
Yeah he’d be playing in the ones if he showed anything like his Jnr form.
I’m of the opinion we can never have enough good users by foot in the backline.
Adding another elite kick of the footy is never a bad thing.
He might not be in his preferred position but he’d be getting regular games with us next season.

Wing or half back would be his best bet I think. He hasn't really been a big accumulator of the football across his career though, that's the big concern imo.

Wing or half back would be his best bet I think. He hasn't really been a big accumulator of the football across his career though, that's the big concern imo.
He looked quite laboured with his running on the weekend on the wing I thought. Just didn't get it much. Quite like a young Ziebell body shape.

Worked hard though - pushed back deep into defence to help out.

Thoughts?
Hamill's got some moves. With the right development he'd turn into a gun. Not sure about Hollands, starting to get the sense that the ACL has taken his edge away. Still early days tho ofc

Wonder how Jade Gresham gets along with ratts I think we will sign McKay and then go after Gresham

See Poorta posters, this is how a random opposition intrusion is meant to work.
Dear diary
But of all things coming home from a holiday is undoubtedly the most damned. Never was there aimlessness, such depression. Can’t read, write or think. There’s no climax here. Comfort yes: but the coffee’s not so good as I expected. And my brain is extinct – literally hasn’t the power to lift a pen. What one must do is to set it – my machine I mean – in the rails and give it a push… It occurs to me that this state, my depressed state, is the state in which most people usually are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back