2023 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

He competes and is tough. I like that in a ruck

So Rob brains him in every stat. Almost double the marks, 50% more disposals , almost 3 times as many tackles, gives away less than half the frees and obviously destroys him in hitouts.

I guess Rob didn’t kick goal of the year

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

English has some strong detractors on here
I'm not a big fan of English's actual ruckwork but for a super tall guy he's highly skilled at everything else and significantly better tha Gallucci turned out. Jarrod Berry was my guy in that draft.

I've heard Don Pyke himself tell that story at a Brisbane club function organised by jenny61_99.

Have you ever heard Hamish or anyone in the room tell that story?

Pyke wanted speed, he didn’t want (or not want) Gallucci, and he argued for it.

As is ALWAYS the case, the final decision fell to the recruiting team who made it.

Pyke didn’t overrule or make anyone do anything.

Funnily enough, someone much higher ranked in the room says that’s bullshit.

Pyke made his argument, and Hamish made the decision
Bullshit Colonel.

You can maintain that as long as you like Phil Bunn was in the room and stated publically the facts. .not some unidentified mystery man.

If only we had selected Tim English (and held onto him) as recommended instead of going for Jordan Galluci’s speed ….. if so the ruck would be set for 8-10 years.

The again he probably would want to go home by now. Might have got us West Coasts’ first pick this year and thereby Philipou … and we’d still have ROB running around in the SANFL waiting for his chance.

I dont know how they judge speed but i never thought he was quick - just average - and IMO, lack of speed has been a major problem for many years.

Have you ever heard Hamish or anyone in the room tell that story?

Pyke wanted speed, he didn’t want (or not want) Gallucci, and he argued for it.

As is ALWAYS the case, the final decision fell to the recruiting team who made it.

Pyke didn’t overrule or make anyone do anything.

The CEO was standing near Pyke while he told the story.

The very clear inference was Pyke didn't know much about the players, but made very clear we needed speed (to be fair, we did) and that it should be preferenced over a ruck.

I think Hamish went against his better judgement, and pretty much every telling of the story has said the same thing.

The very clear inference was Pyke didn't know much about the players, but made very clear we needed speed (to be fair, we did) and that it should be preferenced over a ruck.

I think Hamish went against his better judgement, and pretty much every telling of the story has said the same thing.
And then we bid on Perryman who is by no means a quick player. Good player but not fast.

I dont know how they judge speed but i never thought he was quick - just average - and IMO, lack of speed has been a major problem for many years.

Gallucci is a ball-carrying midfielder who can break the lines with his pace. He ranked second in the mid-forward category of players for metres gained at the Under-18 National Championships for Victoria Metro, highlighting his ability to take the game on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Ned McHenry a better player than Jordan Gallucci?

Jordan pick 15, Ned pick 16

I reckon timing was very unlucky for Jordan, came into our team when Pyke was going for continuity and seniority. Much easier for Ned to get in during a rebuild

Is Ned McHenry a better player than Jordan Gallucci?

Jordan pick 15, Ned pick 16

I reckon timing was very unlucky for Jordan, came into our team when Pyke was going for continuity and seniority. Much easier for Ned to get in during a rebuild
Jones maybe a better comparison.

Both Chayce and Jordan might have been better if drafted to us under a competent regime.

Jones maybe a better comparison.

Both Chayce and Jordan might have been better if drafted to us under a competent regime.

Nah I'm thinking specifically Gallucci vs McHenry. Same draft pick, played mostly the same position (forward/half forward)

Jones has played all over the park, an opportunity we've never afforded the other two

Statistics suggest we might have been been better off keeping Gallucci and using the McHenry pick on someone else (or trading it)

Gallucci was scoring more, had more score involvements, was getting more inside 50s and more meters gained

1671146925602.png

And the CEO, let alone that one, wouldn’t know.

Of course he didn’t know much about the players, how could he?

And I don’t think anyone would dispute, then and now, our need for speed

And I absolutely agree with that too.

The thing that some 😂😂 want to argue was that Gallucci was the pick because Pyke overruled the recruiting team.

That didn’t happen. As always, people make their case, argue what they believe, and in the end the decision maker decides which way to go.

Hamish decided to go with Pykes argument, and as you say I’m sure regrets it.

But that distinction is not a minor one, it speaks to the function or dysfunction of our entire drafting apparatus.

And thankfully, accountability for that pick lies where it should - with the recruiting manager.

You have quite the imagination, but you keep waiting. ;)

My contact isn’t mine, it’s Volbeats, who is known, just not by you

And this chap has a bit better record than your recent goose egg!
Volbeat. wasn't even around these parts at the time and his info is hardly at the level of TAFKATMS

Phil Bunn is on the record...PUBLICALLY and he was our West Australian recruiter at the time which you should be aware of as he's the guy that spotted that bloke you were/are the number one fanboi of Mitchy boi. 🤣😂🤣😂

Volbeat. wasn't even around these parts at the time and his info is hardly at the level of TAFKATMS

Phil Bunn is on the record...PUBLICALLY and he was our West Australian recruiter at the time which you should be aware of as he's the guy that spotted that bloke you were/are the number one fanboi of Mitchy boi. 🤣😂🤣😂
Is Mitchy boi Mitchyboy23?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back