2023 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

I always thought the same. I think there are some test floating around that rated him highly athletically.

But he never past the speed eye test for me, I don't recall him burning anyone off or chasing anyone down.

He had some bigger on field issues, in that he wasn't actually any good at football.

He still got gifted plenty more games than he deserved. The fact that he wasn't picked up by another side and still didn't light it up in the lower leagues suggests we made the correct decision. Absolutely delusional if you think he was given more time on a list he would've made it.
I remember many people on here suggesting he’d have a better career than Richard Douglas

So he definitely could play football but never could adapt to the level , for me he lacked the footy smarts not the athletic traits or skill

As previous poster mentioned was in deep with some off field issues that also never allowed him to get near his best

I remember many people on here suggesting he’d have a better career than Richard Douglas

So he definitely could play football but never could adapt to the level , for me he lacked the footy smarts not the athletic traits or skill

As previous poster mentioned was in deep with some off field issues that also never allowed him to get near his best

I've seen that said about a few players but few live up to Dougie's not so lofty yet competent heights.

I feel his athletic traits were a bit overstated, regardless of what the metrics say. You're spot on he lacked the footy smarts, perhaps a contributing factor as to why he didn't seem an outstanding athlete on field?

Can you please DM me re the off field issues? He seemed pretty squeaky clean.

ruckman we need: Sean Darcy to replace to ROB BUT Sam is going one place unfortunately and that's to Geelong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back