Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brayshaw was the compo pick from frawley? Bont should have been our compo pick from buddy
Angus was, not Andrew. Freo got Andrew thanks to GC being grossly incompetant and giving up pick 2 for Lachie Weller.

Brayshaw was the compo pick from frawley? Bont should have been our compo pick from buddy

So in your fantasy land why do we randomly get pick 4? I’m all for valid criticism of the compensation system in free agency but you can’t just make up a draft pick to say ‘boo hoo we could have had him!’. I’ll take the threepeat over the Bont.

If WCE trade 1 for 2 and another pick or 2. We could consider trading 4 for their 2 and we throw in a future 2nd? We can take Dursma and they still get Curtin.

If WCE trade 1 for 2 and another pick or 2. We could consider trading 4 for their 2 and we throw in a future 2nd? We can take Dursma and they still get Curtin.
Assuming Curtin is who they're after. Maybe they want Duursma.

I see that as a solid core of talent to build around and add to.
I'm not as sold as some as to the certainty of that list having the star quality we need to be a contender.

Jagging a bonafied alpha star this draft would have been the cherry we needed.

Walter or Reid would have been perfect.
Not to be. There's still hope at our pick, but no certainty. Much like our list.

Every chance any of the next 4-5 players taken on the wish list are every bit as good or better than those two.
Sunning Episode Two GIF by PBS

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah because Sam Taylor played a whopping 4 games and averaged an amazing 8 touches a game in year 3. Year 4 is usually when a young a key defender/forward really starts to blossom. Cut DGB some slack ffs.
I have to come in here and remind people that the Hawthorn side, loaded with top-end draft talent- Mitchell, Roughead, Franklin, Lewis -was thrashed by Adelaide by nearly 100 points. The then hope-driven Hawk supporters were crying... will they be any good?
I reckon they turned out okay! Looks like a case of de ja vu as now we have a similar cry.

I have to come in here and remind people that the Hawthorn side, loaded with top-end draft talent- Mitchell, Roughead, Franklin, Lewis -was thrashed by Adelaide by nearly 100 points. The then hope-driven Hawk supporters were crying... will they be any good?
I reckon they turned out okay! Looks like a case of de ja vu as now we have a similar cry.

Only difference being the derogatory threads about hawthorn didn’t go on for pages or years?

Seriously, the Adelaide north hawthorn thread is now going into its fourth year. In 2000 it wouldn’t have. Bigfooty it’s own worst enemy

Only difference being the derogatory threads about hawthorn didn’t go on for pages or years?

Seriously, the Adelaide north hawthorn thread is now going into its fourth year. In 2000 it wouldn’t have. Bigfooty it’s own worst enemy
Was pretty interesting to compare the progress of Hawthorn, Richmond and Doggies who each got the super draft picks in 2004.

We got Buddy and Roughy
Richmond got Tambling and Deledio
Doggies got Griffen and Williams.
(It's interesting that only 2 of those 6 were one-club players)

I'd say we did pretty well.
Richmond got a double dip not long later with Cotchin and Dusty and that worked out pretty well for them.

Was pretty interesting to compare the progress of Hawthorn, Richmond and Doggies who each got the super draft picks in 2004.

We got Buddy and Roughy

Richmond got a double dip not long later with Cotchin and Dusty and that worked out pretty well for them.
Cotchin and Martin were different drafts

We got Buddy and Roughy

Bigfooty etc including hawthorn fans were openly derisory then. Not all quite a divide. Getting two top 5 KPP prospects when all the talls seemed to be breaking down seemed super logical to many

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back