Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

This Is Fine GIF

Money has to be the reason players arnt picking us. Let the saints throw all the money in the world at Henry, s**t club and haven’t won a flag for 60 years
When will players learn 😂

Exactly. It means 0.
It doesn’t mean zero, though.

It’s about the onfield.

Hawks start winning as many games as Melbourne do and Dingley will absolutely pull players across.

They are not supposed to be game changers. They are structure players. In my view, structural players we do not have.
It's the flow on effect for other players. Breust doesn't have to be the main small every week at 33 and Sicily can do what he does best every week. People need to move on from everybody needs to be a gun to be worth trading for. They are more than good enough to do what's required.

A few clubs have had more success recently.

Geelong are coming off a flag after developing several later picks, rookies and cast-offs into key components of a Premiership side - Stewart, Atkins, SDK, Z. Guthrie, J. Henry, Close, Stengle, Bews, O'Connor, Miers, Holmes, Kolo, etc. Only Holmes was an earlyish pick.

Collingwood were playing off in a GF in 2018, bottomed out and have shot right up to the top of ladder again, after developing a new breed - Quaynor, N. Daicos, J. Daicos, Noble, McCreery, Markov, Ginnivan, Lipinski. Only two of them were first rounders. The rest are late picks, cast-offs or rookies.

I could go on. We are showing promising signs, but the actual results have us placed 16th. When we finally shoot up the ladder and realise the potential we fans believe we have, then we could claim what you've claimed.
Geelong had generational players around Atkins, Z Guthrie etc. They didn't look much chop this year with more reliance on what they had to do. It's going to get worse once Hawkins, Touhy etc retire as well. They haven't got anybody close to the level Newk is at from where he was drafted from think that's the point the poster was making. Even Ryan looks extremely promising could end up like Mihochek in terms of value. We add the X factor around these guys were in a good spot to be contending for years to come.

Money has to be the reason players arnt picking us. Let the saints throw all the money in the world at Henry, s**t club and haven’t won a flag for 60 years
It's not money with Henry. Connections at Stkilda with Ross the boss and Hill. Also believe they can make the trade happen whearas I believe we told Bell to stick it with his offer. More to it than just money.

By all accounts we are offering very good money and for some players too much money. Players are choosing teams playing finals as they usually do. That’s the life cycle, we finished third last and haven’t won a final since 2015

It's not money with Henry. Connections at Stkilda with Ross the boss and Hill. Also believe they can make the trade happen whearas I believe we told Bell to stick it with his offer. More to it than just money.
What is Henry’s connection to Lyon and Hill?

By all accounts we are offering very good money and for some players too much money. Players are choosing teams playing finals as they usually do. That’s the life cycle, we finished third last and haven’t won a final since 2015
If we're missing out on players this time next year after a 9-10 win season I'd be more concerned at not having much luck. Than you would need to look at what we're doing wrong. This year we're taking some punts and being aggressive but it's not the be all and end all. Were selling the direction but alot of the players don't think past 2 years. Our threepeat era doesn't register in terms of if you choose us we have a culture of success etc. If it was me I would back a team with a history of success but I'm not an AFL player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's mates with Hill. Ross drafted him to Freo built up a rapport that sort of thing. He's going to where he feels familiar. That and Bell is a utensil head and were not dealing with him.
And his career will go downhill like Hills. Some blokes can be so dumb, they take their one wood away by going to Marvel.
Ah well I’m happy to keep ward and Amon on the wings

Henry would have been amazing for us. At StKilda he probably fills a smaller gap - so less pressure to perform perhaps?

A pity to miss out on him if the reports are true.

It was reported he was there watching the team he has chosen to play for. What do you want him to be holding a banner saying go Saints?

Treloar clearly watching his best mate play.
Mitch Lewis was at the Pies Dees game ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back