Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think lot is projection rather than straight up performance, "oh theyre playing like this as a 16 year old??? Imagine another year of development". Scully from last year is a prime example people were salivating what he would do but if it wasn't for the glimpses he showed the year prior no way he gets drafted, he was so poor he should've been dropped from the SA squad entirely.

You also have to factor in the the draft class, some drafts are just better than others. This year I'm not to fussed about any players other than Reid while 2021 there was 6 players I wanted
Scully was horrible in his underage year, he was getting embarrassed in the ruck, it was just his first few games where he averaged 7 goals a game that caught the attention of ignorant people over hyping him, but then when he played against real opponents he looked garbage, he is tall and has decent movement on field so was likely going to get a chance by a club incase he develops as his body fills out, but he is no star.

Sinn was up and down in form, he had a few good games in his draft year, but I think he struggled with the pressure of performing for scouts, interviews ect, plus his contested footy is a real weakness and people saying he has a lazer kick have never watched him, as he turns over the ball too often as a hbf which was pointed out by someone, a fellow draft watcher really pumped up Sonsie and Sinn, but I thought they were allergic to the contest and was not as impressed the more I viewed them.

If MM believes he can fix Sinns issues or find a position where his strengths can shine I'll back in the club, just pointing out he isn't the perfect player some are fantasising about.

Also Brad Hill has been one of if not the best winger over a decade, mostly because of his kicking skills and kicking under pressure, very often hitting targets i50, Sinn has yet to even have a good game at the level, sometimes butchering the ball at Sandringham, the disrespect is insane.

Last edited:
Not sure if the Hawks interest I real or speculative with Sinn. If they are looking into him then they must be thinking they can get the kid to a good level.
I'm a big fan of Josh Ward but he has been injury prone also in his first two years and hasn't had a breakout like others have. Talents there but needs to get a full season of playing before seeing his full potential, same with Sinn.
I think some are too ready to call a player a busy if they aren't a superstar or making an impact in their first season.

Not sure if the Hawks interest I real or speculative with Sinn. If they are looking into him then they must be thinking they can get the kid to a good level.
I'm a big fan of Josh Ward but he has been injury prone also in his first two years and hasn't had a breakout like others have. Talents there but needs to get a full season of playing before seeing his full potential, same with Sinn.
I think some are too ready to call a player a busy if they aren't a superstar or making an impact in their first season.

Same josh ward that made the under 22 squad yeh?

Same josh ward that made the under 22 squad yeh?
I mean Josh Ward has half his games collecting over 20 disposals and 6 over 25 disposals(1 being 34 disposals) in his first what? 30 games, all in a variety of positions, He isn't the finished product, but he's doing well.

Last edited:
Brad Hill had a very high kicking DE - especially hitting F50 targets - because he got into space and had the luxury of time through his running to compose himself before kicking. He was not one who executed difficult kicks exceptionally well or launched 50-60m darts or hit targets at distance, under pressure etc
You make a great point about Hill's kicking. Worpel is a good kick of the football when he has space and time. He just never has it because of where he plays.

You may as well convince people that Tom Mitchell couldn't find the footy.

Here's a clip of him under pressure hitting a target for us on grand final day. Feel free to watch the rest of the highlights which show that he was, and still is one of the best kicks going around. Dart after dart hitting a chest inside 50. Saying his kicking is "nowhere near as good" as Josh Sinn?? That's so completely wrong that it's pretty much just comedy.
That clip actually proves the point. Hill in enormous space that creates the opportunity for the forwards to lead, he spots up and then executes with pressure coming in late. He doesn't get to do that without creating the space in the first instance and that is what makes him so good as a wingman.

Still can't fathom how they won a GF with this guy at Full Forward.
This team is the definition of an aberration.
He wasn't great at winning the ball, but he kept Andrews deep most of the day. Collingwood kicked nearly half their goals from 50 or further.
And, he is now a premiership player against all common belief in his ability.

He wasn't great at winning the ball, but he kept Andrews deep most of the day. Collingwood kicked nearly half their goals from 50 or further.
And, he is now a premiership player against all common belief in his ability.
I though Frampton was more influential than Ginny.

You make a great point about Hill's kicking. Worpel is a good kick of the football when he has space and time. He just never has it because of where he plays.

In my opinion Worpel is not a great kick of the football in space at all.
It is his weakness it always has been but if he works on it like Brad Sewell did he can fix this through hard work and training!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the starting point to a trade for Sinn would be 29+F2 for Sinn+F1 it gives Port more flexibility for this year and improves our hand next year.
I don’t really see why they would need to give a future first in a trade including Sinn, particularly to us.

Can we turn seamus back into a forward? Pretty sure he was a forward as a junior. Hill showed benefit of someone who is not just quick but extremely quick in a team with quick ball movement.

Also, wouldn’t be surprised if Brisbane have a swing at Hardwick. If they had a decent small defender they likely win the flag.
Starcevich is actually decent. Hill just pantsed him. Who's to say he wouldn't have done that to Dimma?. Sometimes you just accept your opponent is too good on the day. Fagan didn't make the move for a reason because Starcevich is his best defensive small and he had to back him in. In his defence thought he was better in the 2nd half on Hill.

Still can't fathom how they won a GF with this guy at Full Forward.
This team is the definition of an aberration.
How did Andrews go?. People seem to be forgetting this. Had no impact on the game except the last 10 mins when he took a couple of intercept marks. His role was to literally throw a blanket over Andrews and limit any influence he might have had. Sure he didn't get a kick but I wouldn't care less if I was a Pies supporter.

I though Frampton was more influential than Ginny.

I'm rewatching the game right now.

Ginnivan had a better first 10 minutes than anything Frampton achieved.

Harris Andrews was clean, composed and gave up nothing in any one on one contests.

I feel as though there is a Collingwood narrative that Frampton 'did his job' and it's creeping into neutral supporters. He did nothing of the sort in reality.

Dropped every mark that he got his hands to.
Had 1 kick which was off the ground as he was falling over.
2 disposals, 2 Supercoach points from 82% time on ground.

Kosi is essentially Buddy by comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back