List Mgmt. 2023 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Courtesy of Lore

Last edited by a moderator:
Does Shiel and Ess pick 9 for Saints Billings and pick 21 work?

We take on effectively 500k over 2 years salary cap bulge and upgrade the Gresh pick.

Ess trade 21 for Duursma to Port with a future 3rd coming back. 21 goes to Geelong, for Estava which breaks that impasse.

We pick Lycett through the process as well....not sure I am happy with that outcome....but just saying

On SM-S916B using BigFooty.com mobile app

What time are we expecting the Heeney trade to drop?

Its Happening Ron Paul GIF

overall I’m excited for Henry I think he’ll play like a short version of Mason wood or dmac on the wing. Pushing up the ground and racking it up but not necessarily being like Brad Hill and Nas with the bullet passes. Interested to see his capacity for brief stints of inside work too.

Dow I’m indifferent on. He’s another midfielder should be decent hopefully better than bytel was, I think competing with Windy, Pou and Clark for a spot in the midfield. Will he displace them? No idea. Will also be good for Clark to have someone from the same draft in the same position to compare to.

Losing Coff made me sad. Very sad
And he will be all alone

Does Shiel and Ess pick 9 for Saints Billings and pick 21 work?

We take on effectively 500k over 2 years salary cap bulge and upgrade the Gresh pick.

Ess trade 21 for Duursma to Port with a future 3rd coming back. 21 goes to Geelong, for Estava which breaks that impasse.

We pick Lycett through the process as well....not sure I am happy with that outcome....but just saying

On SM-S916B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Essendon would never do that.

I would do that and pay both Shiel and Billings full wage.

The (Current) Saints Under 23s*

B: Stocker - Van Es - McLennan
HB: Wang.-Mil. - Allison - Windhager
C: Henry - Phillipou - Byrnes
HF: Hotton - Caminiti - *****
F: Sharman - King - Keeler
Foll: Heath - Dow - Owens

When I see that list I see 3 players who have really become a lock for high quality AFL footy - NWM, King, Owens.

A couple of others have shown signs, but so have heaps of others that never came on or stagnated.

Hopefully in another years time some of Windy, Henry, Pou, Dow and Hammer have joined that group and cemented a place in the side.

A few others look like fringey types to me - Stocker, Byrnes, Sharman.

A lot we haven't seen at all, so could surprise.
Brooklyn 99 Bummer GIF by NBC

Wow… suit St Kilda?

He is a contracted player. We could be difficult about this.

The fact we are happy to honour his request and pay some salary to get a better pick from whatever club he chooses says it’s anything but suit stkilda.

It’s suit Jack overrated Billings
That’s your take on a player who has always honoured his part of the contract. Clearly we want to move him on, his only crime was getting injured and playing through injury. So he’s made it clear he’d like a new start so what, he also has a contract which I’m sure he’s happy to honour. Don’t dump on the guys leaving the club and don’t make out the club shows them any loyalty, it’s a business on both sides these days.

As to overrated well we all get it wrong but boy what an interesting read it would be to look back at the posters who bagged Sinclair who was never going to be anything other than D grade and were pumping up longs tyres. That’s one of many examples, is there some reason we can’t just wish departing players who haven’t screwed us over good luck?.

If we offered 2xpicks valued at 703 points for 1 of their picks of equal points, why wouldn't they take it
Have explained this. They won't have the list spots. AFL have ruled that you can only take as many selections as you have list spots available to the draft, to stop the accumulation of ridiculous amounts of picks for points.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

EXCLUSIVE: Billings ‘good chance’ to join Dees​

By Jake Niall​

Jack Billings is a good chance to land at Melbourne.
Work is being done behind the scenes that could well see him in the red and blue next year. Billings, the No.3 pick in 2013, has been looking for another club and has two years to run on a contract he signed as a free agent in 2021, with Melbourne quietly in talks. It will not be for a high pick.
It’s unclear how much of the contract Melbourne would pay

I would be having a looks at Riley Bonner to take Coffs list spot. Taking 3 in the draft is plenty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back