List Mgmt. 2023 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Courtesy of Lore

Last edited by a moderator:
Can confirm shiels shoe has healing properties and his feet are now fine,
Just hard to replace steele considering DS09 will be in town
View attachment 1816654

Nek minnit

q8Y0Qz8.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My guess is that the eventual off list will be?

1. Adams
2. Allison- although contracted for 1 more year
3. Bytel
4. Campbell-dependant on a replacement?
5. Connolly
6. Gresham-has to be gone now, dragging on & annoying
7. Highmore
8. Howard- dependant on, if we can get good compo. for him & a risk of lacking KPD depth if we let him go.
9. McKenzie- not looking good for him, but hoping, like Jones, that they give him another season.
10. Peris

I fully expect the deal to fall through with Essendon and Hawthorn to swoop with a better offer for Gresham having missed McKay and needing to spend the money.

You can't tie a trade to a free agency move.
I expect its gone down like this.

Dodoro: Hi young Gresh, we can use you on our list , how much do you want.
Gresh : $750k, i'm hot property, i'm worth every penny.
Dodoro: phhhthh cough couhg, ( should have swallowed the coffee before hearing the amount ).
Dodoro: let me think a minute.
Dodoro: OK i have an idea ,we could trade that useless spud Shiel for the compensation pick, so then it would be worth paying you that much. I just need to get on the phone to SOS.
SOS: Beep Beep Beep.
Dodoro:hmmm maybe later, i'll run it by my mate Ralphy and see if he thinks it makes sense.

He can want whatever he wants

We won't pay it

Your talking about St Kilda here and with our trading history, this club can certainly pay a stupid price. Long history of doing stupid shit.

What concerns me now that i have put more thought into it, is the Blues supporters taking shots at SOS for going after his old favourites who he has ties too.

Would we be going anywhere near an old cooked Shiel that is well past his used by date if SOS wasn't in charge?

I hope if this deal does go through and first round compo is awarded (AFL should block it but nothing surprises me really with them) we are the ones walking away with that pick. If it goes to Essendon like their supporters are hoping, i will quit supporting this club.

Is this still the Asian Food Guide thread as well ? The thread title is confusing to me.

Should be:

2023 Trade and List Management & Asian Food Guide Thread - Part III

Sorry wrong thread bud, I’m stearing part 3 towards Tacos and Margs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your talking about St Kilda here and with our trading history, this club can certainly pay a stupid price. Long history of doing stupid s**t.

What concerns me now that i have put more thought into it, is the Blues supporters taking shots at SOS for going after his old favourites who he has ties too.

Would we be going anywhere near an old cooked Shiel that is well past his used by date if SOS wasn't in charge?

I hope if this deal does go through and first round compo is awarded (AFL should block it but nothing surprises me really with them) we are the ones walking away with that pick. If it goes to Essendon like their supporters are hoping, i will quit supporting this club.

OK , surely the List Manager would run his idea's past the head coach, like in a meeting with recruiters, and head of footy also present.
Lyon has already commented on how many games Shiel played this year.

My guess is that the eventual off list will be?

1. Adams
2. Allison- although contracted for 1 more year
3. Bytel
4. Campbell-dependant on a replacement?
5. Connolly
6. Gresham-has to be gone now, dragging on & annoying
7. Highmore
8. Howard- dependant on, if we can get good compo. for him & a risk of lacking KPD depth if we let him go.
9. McKenzie- not looking good for him, but hoping, like Jones, that they give him another season.
10. Peris
Can we find 10 players worthy of replacing all those though?
Dow, Henry, Lobb

Couple of draftees.

It would be nice to have space for the supp top-ups I guess.

OK , surely the List Manager would run his idea's past the head coach, like in a meeting with recruiters, and head of footy also present.
Lyon has already commented on how many games Shiel played this year.
We have met with Shiel.

Ross knows directly from him what injuries he had etc.

I’m 90-95% certain he ends up a saint

Your talking about St Kilda here and with our trading history, this club can certainly pay a stupid price. Long history of doing stupid s**t.

The AFL have said that the compo pick can’t be traded back to Essendon according to the Ralph article.

So that means the only picks that can go Essendons way are 12,32,51

The deal makes even less sense if we start giving Essendon a pick infront of us!

We have met with Shiel.

Ross knows directly from him what injuries he had etc.

I’m 90-95% certain he ends up a saint

To be fair to the supporters, that is what they said about Hannebery, Jones and every other old bloke we have thrown good money at for little return.

Come on Ross, please don't go down that well beaten path again.

Can we find 10 players worthy of replacing all those though?
Dow, Henry, Lobb

Couple of draftees.

It would be nice to have space for the supp top-ups I guess.
Anyone but Lobb thanks. He moves clubs too often for me. Not a pressing need anyway.

To be fair to the supporters, that is what they said about Hannebery, Jones and every other old bloke we have thrown good money at for little return.

Come on Ross, please don't go down that well beaten path again.
If you are worried.

Has SOS made a trade where he sent a top 15 pick to a club for a 31 year old injury prone player who’s on the decline before?

It isn’t in his M.O

He does however have a history of sending out later picks to see if he can find value in others junk.

The fact that there's been no announcement by Gresham yet might mean that he's either got multiple offers to choose between or he's simply not happy with what he's been offered to date.
BnF is Monday.

Probably wait until that’s done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back