List Mgmt. 2023 Trade Thread - Part IV

Remove this Banner Ad

ohhhh mid season trading - Shiel can be got in June

Happy Season 5 GIF by Friends
He's falling apart, by mid season next year he will be sharing a room with DMac at Healing Hans sanitorium in Germany.

Last edited:
I always rated Stewart. He's no star but he's solid citizen swingman that can play a good standard of footy at any level. I always thought he'd make it as a third tall forward. He's had some very good games as a forward but at GWS was behind too many and Essendon hasn't really maximised him. They always seemed to be about to push him aside even when playing regular footy. Could probably chop out ruck too. He's pretty tall.
I’ve always wondered why he hasn’t played more because he’s played some good games when I’ve been watching.

The boss does like Mannagh after witnessing his outstanding GF live.
Trouble is, a number of other clubs like him too!
Makes sense for us, given Billings, Peris & Gresham are gone!!

Yesh I reckon we will be lucky to get him at #40 if thats what we ware planning.

He'll be there at 40.
Not many clubs are looking for a 26yo small forward from the VFL.
Rebuilding doesn't suit the age, contending doesn't suit the ability.

I hope so but have read this on the rumours thread "reported on the Blues board that Carlton, West Coast and Melbourne have all shown interest in Mannagh."

recruiting team in general are big fans.

But the way some of these kids are rising means we could have a kid we rate fall aswell

You have also conveniently left off Crouch and Higgins from the 'In' list, who are both some of the best ins we've got into the club for years and overall, cost us little.

Could also add in Wood as a picked up in the same off season and has done more with the list spot than anyone in the 'outs' expect Savage. And even then, we haven't had an issue at half back with Sinclair moving there and becoming the best in the comp at it so while he might have been stiff to miss out, it didn't cost us either.

I left out the minor outs as well as the important ins.

Its the last of the outs that make way for the last of the ins.
In this case we did ourselves no favours.

We could have kept 2 of the ones we delisted and been a better side for it.

Great so our team of professionals is basing their work on someone turning up to a random game and seeing a guy who happened to play well on that day.

Kicking 6 goals in a losing side in a grand final…geez you’re a harsh judge!!

Yep along with 28 disposals, 4 clearances and 6 inside 50's it was some game. We might prefer to take a younger player, but if the club were looking for a plug and play small forward/midfielder he would be ok. Its amazing how many people still think you cant get decent players later in drafts. The club has improved out of sight with its identification and development in the past couple of years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I left out the minor outs as well as the important ins.

Its the last of the outs that make way for the last of the ins.
In this case we did ourselves no favours.

We could have kept 2 of the ones we delisted and been a better side for it.

Abbott declined a contract from memory

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great so our team of professionals is basing their work on someone turning up to a random game and seeing a guy who happened to play well on that day.
Yeah what a joke hey?

Remember that time they gave a bloke a contract because he turned up and took a few marks in match sim against Wilkie?

SOS is an amateur.

Delist

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hey at least they’re judging off a full game, I remember Nakia Cockatoo was drafted off the back of one nice goal in an exhibition match.

He has had a very good season, so perhaps it was not at all random that we had so many heavies there, but rather that they were there based on previous scouting efforts. So TOCE & Recruiting Team does the hard yards. Lyon looks at his short-list.

"Mannagh's VFL grand final performance wasn't a one-hit wonder – he booted four goals from 40 touches in round three, three from 28 in round 13, and seven from 25 in round 15."

Not sure the VFL grand final is what I’d call a random game and I’m sure every recruiter in the country has been well aware of Mannagh for a period of time.

He was one of the best in the VFL for the season, just happened to top it off with an outstanding grand final.

He has had a very good season, so perhaps it was not at all random that we had so many heavies there, but rather that they were there based on previous scouting efforts. So TOCE & Recruiting Team does the hard yards. Lyon looks at his short-list.

"Mannagh's VFL grand final performance wasn't a one-hit wonder – he booted four goals from 40 touches in round three, three from 28 in round 13, and seven from 25 in round 15."

I've been a Mannagh fan for ages, I reckon small forwards often look worse in the VFL than AFL level, it's harder to perform well at the lower level than the higher grades.

Yep along with 28 disposals, 4 clearances and 6 inside 50's it was some game. We might prefer to take a younger player, but if the club were looking for a plug and play small forward/midfielder he would be ok. Its amazing how many people still think you cant get decent players later in drafts. The club has improved out of sight with its identification and development in the past couple of years.
Yep…he also kicked over 30 goals for the season as a forward/ mid

He'll be there at 40.
Not many clubs are looking for a 26yo small forward from the VFL.
Rebuilding doesn't suit the age, contending doesn't suit the ability.

I don't know. Look at how lucky were we that we didn't miss Ben Long, and Tom Lee. Apparently other clubs were all over them too, oh and Brad Howard.

Last edited:
If I was a recruiter, I would look favourably at players that perform in big games.
Steele Sidebottom is a case in point..11 goals in a GF in his draft year, what a magnificent player he’s turned out to be!

If I was a recruiter, I would look favourably at players that perform in big games.
Steele Sidebottom is a case in point..11 goals in a GF in his draft year, what a magnificent player he’s turned out to be!
yes, i always wondered why noone picked him until collingwood

The under 18s all star games were almost the best guide to future potential of anything. Guys who performed in those ended up being the real guns in the AFL. I wish they'd kept them. Josh Battle was an absolute beast in his year I remember. I remember when Worpol outperformed all of the higher rated mids too. Probably a bit like George Stephens people were looking at him as a one position extractor and marked him down harshly.

The under 18s all star games were almost the best guide to future potential of anything. Guys who performed in those ended up being the real guns in the AFL. I wish they'd kept them. Josh Battle was an absolute beast in his year I remember. I remember when Worpol outperformed all of the higher rated mids too. Probably a bit like George Stephens people were looking at him as a one position extractor and marked him down harshly.
It generally did a good job of showing us the players versus the guys who were just bigger or better than the TAC cup never going to get drafted types.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back