List Mgmt. 2023 Trade Thread - Part IV

Remove this Banner Ad

ohhhh mid season trading - Shiel can be got in June

Happy Season 5 GIF by Friends
He's falling apart, by mid season next year he will be sharing a room with DMac at Healing Hans sanitorium in Germany.

Last edited:
Do players really decide this sort of stuff a year out?

Like, if the dogs win a flag and he gets a BNF (or even a Coleman) neither of which is impossible then you’d assume this might shift.

I completely get the small town talk and I’m sure there is some truth to it but I wouldn’t bank on it being correct.

Like, if the dogs win a flag and he gets a BNF (or even a Coleman) neither of which is impossible then you’d assume this might shift.

I completely get the small town talk and I’m sure there is some truth to it but I wouldn’t bank on it being correct.
Three or four years into his career at the Dogs and in the team then just randomly leaving, I can’t see it.

The occasional player does, and that then fuels rumours about everyone else.

The occasional player does, and that then fuels rumours about everyone else.
I can’t think of anyone who had this loose a rumour about them a year out in AFL. Obviously happens in the NRL and no doubt JUH would have had offers (“informal” cause “rules”) and he might very well leave but I just seriously doubt he’s made up his mind right now, the dogs might trump whatever offer he gets or whatever.

I can’t think of anyone who had this loose a rumour about them a year out in AFL. Obviously happens in the NRL and no doubt JUH would have had offers (“informal” cause “rules”) and he might very well leave but I just seriously doubt he’s made up his mind right now, the dogs might trump whatever offer he gets or whatever.
The main ones that come to mind are the 'go home' cases from GWS and GC where it was suspected they were going to leave but the destinations they were apparently going 12 months out were completely off.

The main ones that come to mind are the 'go home' cases from GWS and GC where it was suspected they were going to leave but the destinations they were apparently going 12 months out were completely off.
Yeh agreed, I’d probably say they’re not “loose” rumours cause there is some logic at least to it.

When the information is coming from people within his family circle I'll say there's some substance to it.

On Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remember Kurt Tippett wanting to go home to Queensland, then suddenly he was at Sydney and the Crows copped a mysterious penalty.

When the information is coming from people within his family circle I'll say there's some substance to it.

Dustin Martins dad told anyone who would listen he was going to north too.

My point is more it’s 12 months away, a lot can happen.

For our first pick, players who might be a chance, cue Jim Carey Dumb and Dumber meme.
Leake, Wilson , Windsor.

Players who seriously might be available at our first.
Murphy, Collard, Tholstrup
Players who will probably be available at our first .
Hardeman , DeMattia, Edwards, Roberts , Green , Shoenmaker.

All of the above listed players "might" be available at the North picks, but 4 or 5 of them are likely not to be there.

Edwards or DeMattia might be available for our second picks.

: If Leake , Wilson or Windsor slid that far , i think i'd pass on a trade.
If it was Murphy, Collard, or Tholstrup that North were after , i'd take the trade.
Means we would probably be able to get two of Hardeman, DeMattia, Edwards, Roberts, or Sheonmaker.
However we'd be taking whoever was left.

The draft seems to have divided itself into.

Top 10. Pretty much determined.
11-15 Not sure what order, but they will probably all be gone before 16.
16-24 Not sure what order, but most will be taken in that range.

Turns out we got 3 of those.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mustn’t be a happy place at the Kennel.

I can guarantee you it is not a happy place. Beveridge has carte blanche to do what he wants and nobody has the authority to reign him in.
Has destroyed the women's team, reckons they get to many resources. Any of their decent players are leaving next year.

As for deciding a year out. Plenty of players do. What was the bloke from Fold Coast that cost Hawks three firsts? (We gave them out first for a future and two seconds). He told our exercise group in Feb he was off from GCS year end.

And there are numerous other players who have done the same.

Three or four years into his career at the Dogs and in the team then just randomly leaving, I can’t see it.
Maybe he has a problem with the coach?
Seems a weird dude - the coach that is.

I can guarantee you it is not a happy place. Beveridge has carte blanche to do what he wants and nobody has the authority to reign him in.
Has destroyed the women's team, reckons they get to many resources. Any of their decent players are leaving next year.

As for deciding a year out. Plenty of players do. What was the bloke from Fold Coast that cost Hawks three firsts? (We gave them out first for a future and two seconds). He told our exercise group in Feb he was off from GCS year end.

And there are numerous other players who have done the same.
O’ Meara.

Lance Franklin?

For clarity here I’m not suggesting Holy [PLAYERCARD]Hunter Clark[/PLAYERCARD] is wrong or anything, I don’t doubt what he’s heard and I also wouldn’t suggest it’s wrong but 12 months is a looooong time and a lot can change. He also might have had a bad day when he said it, or his manager told him about another offer or Saturn was in retrograde or whatever.

For clarity here I’m not suggesting Holy [PLAYERCARD]Hunter Clark[/PLAYERCARD] is wrong or anything, I don’t doubt what he’s heard and I also wouldn’t suggest it’s wrong but 12 months is a looooong time and a lot can change. He also might have had a bad day when he said it, or his manager told him about another offer or Saturn was in retrograde or whatever.
Exactly mate. I'm only reporting what I've been told, 12 months is a long time and things can change. I just thought it would create a good conversation, which it has. Let's see how it all pans out.

Exactly mate. I'm only reporting what I've been told, 12 months is a long time and things can change. I just thought it would create a good conversation, which it has. Let's see how it all pans out.

If he’s on the market I hope we have a dip.

If he’s on the market I hope we have a dip.

I reckon he's off to someone who will pay him huge dollars. Heard Collingwood and Swans into him and Essendon will do their usual sniffing his seat after he's off touring other facilities. Sounds like Richmond would be a pretty good fit too. If the Dons came with a million a year he'd have to have a look.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back