Certified Legendary Thread 2023 VAFA Tipping Awards

Remove this Banner Ad

fireworks.gif

Eddie: And as the fireworks light up the warm Melbourne sky, let's begin! Who's the winner of the Premier A Tipping for this year, Sam?
Sam: <opens envelope> Post Mortem takes the top prize with 63 tips and two fivers!

23a.jpg

Eddie: Congratulations Post Mortem, not only do you get this handsome brushed-brass-effect jpeg, you will also proudly display the BigFooty VAFA Premier Tipping Badge for a year!

vafa-tipping-winner.png

Sam: There it is, Eddie, and a mighty fine prize it is too.

ed2.jpg

Eddie: And now on to Premier B. Perhaps one of the easiest divisions to pick, but that doesn't detract from the prestige and kudos due for this year's winner...
Sam: <fumbles a little> Excuse me... <opens envelope> Wild Thing with an amazing 75 correct and no less than 7 fivers!

23b.jpg

Sam: We won't draw attention to the kerfuffle in Round 12 when Beaumaris were docked the win and four points, causing a number of tipsters to get five correct for the round.
Eddie: You just did, Sam.

Sam: Be like that then, Eddie, I'll just go straight on to Premier C. And the winner is footy2016 with 47 correct tips!

23c.jpg

Eddie: Well deserved, and even though there were only four matches each round, the division was very hard to pick with Round 14 having tipsters getting either no tips or one tip right.

ed3.jpg

Eddie: Behave yourself, Sam!
Sam: Well we've got a tipping hog here, I don't need the envelopes because I had a look before the show.
Eddie: I don't think you were supposed to do that.
Sam: Well I did and I'm glad that I did... number52 scoops the pool in Division 2, 3 and 4 with 63, 64 and 45 tips respectively. He's singlehandedly drawn the awards ceremony to a premature end. That's not right, Ed.

23d2.jpg 23d3.jpg 23d4.jpg

Ed: Right or not, Sam, I don't think it was up to you to spoil the presentation like that. In any case, there is only one more award to give.

Ed: That is, of course, the Nostradamus Award for the tipster picking five correct winners in a round the most times. Sam?
Sam: <removes card from envelope and drops it> Bugger. <picks it up> The winner is... can we have two winners, Ed?
Ed: Is it two winners? I think there was a rule change in 2022, I believe that previously it went to whoever had the highest number of tips overall if there was more than one with the most fivers.
Sam: It's definitely two winners this year... AnimalEnclosure and Wild Thing!

23nostradamus.jpg

Ed: Congratulations to all our winners tonight and it's goodnight from us here in the studio.
Sam: Let's go home.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks OTP. Great work. Your time and effort to do this is much appreciated.
Looking forward to 2024 where hopefully l can have 5 games per week to get mostly wrong.

Certified Legendary Thread 2023 VAFA Tipping Awards

Remove this Banner Ad

Back