2nds 2023 VFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hearing both Reville and Dunkley May get moved onto AFL list?

Dunkley interesting decision if true? Not sure what he adds that you didn’t have with Matho?
Kind of makes sense with afl.com.au reporting we were weighing up using just 2 or 3 picks at the draft when we have 5 list spots open. Was wondering how we’d fill the rest.

Kind of makes sense with afl.com.au reporting we were weighing up using just 2 or 3 picks at the draft when we have 5 list spots open. Was wondering how we’d fill the rest.

From what Daly said it sounds like we'll take 2-3 picks at the draft, 1-2 rookie picks and a good chance at holding a spot over for a SSP selection.

I do think we need to elevate Lane as he's now spent 2.5 years on the rookie list.

Dunkley is an interesting call, they have just delisted a bloke who is better than him in every facet of the game and they are in the middle of a PRemiership window.

Dunkley is an interesting call, they have just delisted a bloke who is better than him in every facet of the game and they are in the middle of a PRemiership window.
I call this Bulldust. That bloke is not better than him in every facet of the game.

I suspected he was. The reality is, he wasn’t a good AFL footballer. He was a below average AFL footballer. Evidenced by just 70 odd games in 8 years and zero interest from any other club on at least 3 different occasions.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
He was referring to Matho being a better player than Kyle Dunkley from what I read which is hard to argue against in my opinion as well.

Brisbane obviously content with their list at present as not very active in trade period. They may have salary cap issues which is probably restricting them as well.

He was referring to Matho being a better player than Kyle Dunkley from what I read which is hard to argue against in my opinion as well.

Brisbane obviously content with their list at present as not very active in trade period. They may have salary cap issues which is probably restricting them as well.
Both players are limited footballers but maybe the club feels that Dunkley has more of what the club needs at this specific time (inside outside mid) rather than Matho who is an inside player or bust.

We’re in a fair bit of trouble if Kyle Dunkley or Mathieson is getting a game in the first team.

Lyons and Tunstill would be the first two reserves in.

Then we would have Zorko, Bailey and Rayner rotating through there.

Could potentially throw Berry in there in a break glass (and Berry’s shoulder) emergency.

Once Ashcroft is back and playing up to the level, Robertson becomes depth as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

bit of lifestyle choice in there as well. if you are going to play B grade, do it in Melbourne for a couple of years, and live the full AFL life.
Smith with drug issues and Petty possibly still having issues with injured foot. I think Tom may get an opportunity early in the season and all the best to him.

I call this Bulldust. That bloke is not better than him in every facet of the game.

I'm unsure if you have ever seen Kyle Dunkley play, but I'm unsure if there is a single skill that he is the equal or better than Matheson at, and I don't think Matheson is that good either.

His brother is pretty good though, suspect this is linked to that somehow

I'm unsure if you have ever seen Kyle Dunkley play, but I'm unsure if there is a single skill that he is the equal or better than Matheson at, and I don't think Matheson is that good either.

Appease big or little brother my initial thought after seeing several magoos games.

Not sure I rate your talent evaluation - is Jaspa Fletcher still only worth a third round bid 'on exposed form'?

hate to be a broken record, but Fletcher in first round would be a mistake for the Lions or anyone that bids on him that early. He is late 2nd round talent at best.

i'd be astonished by a first round bid on Fletcher.

On exposed form he is a 3rd rounder at best.

:drunk::drunk::drunk:

I believe the correct terminology is "pony up"
crazy horse wtf GIF

Still got our money's worth.

absolutely. I was wholeheartedly wrong on him.

Watched him since he was 12 come through ranks at Coorparoo and then Sherwood, never once did he show anything that said to me he would be as good as he is, apart from maybe 2 or 3 good games for the Allies, and that turned out to be enough.

The last name didn't hurt him, but its also not like his surname is Ablett or Hodge either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back