2nds 2023 VFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still got our money's worth.
Had a quiet day on the big stage along with a few other mates that needs to be rectified before they all get rubber stamped in my view as being worth any sort of money.

Good to play well at Gabba but need to see a few of these other boys like Hipwood, Raynor, Linc do it when it counts at G.

Had a quiet day on the big stage along with a few other mates that needs to be rectified before they all get rubber stamped in my view as being worth any sort of money.

Good to play well at Gabba but need to see a few of these other boys like Hipwood, Raynor, Linc do it when it counts at G.

His GF was just a season 1 game too long. Played his grannie in the prelim. No preseason coming off a back injury took it's toll.

Hippy & Linc no good for you in the Semi Final against Melbourne last year @ MCG?

Hippy & Linc no good for you in the Semi Final against Melbourne last year @ MCG?
Clutching at straws going back 12 months. Think you only as good as your last game. Like I said a few would like their time over.

Time will tell if they learn from it next time they get an opportunity.

Clutching at straws going back 12 months. Think you only as good as your last game. Like I said a few would like their time over.

Time will tell if they learn from it next time they get an opportunity.
"only as good as your last game" is a pathetic cliche - what about just enjoying what these young athletes bring to the table and the enormous joy they bring us as Lions supporters and members over the journey. How may grand finals have you played?

"only as good as your last game" is a pathetic cliche - what about just enjoying what these young athletes bring to the table and the enormous joy they bring us as Lions supporters and members over the journey. How may grand finals have you played?
I believe "only as good as your next game" is far more appropriate. I actually once Googled both phrases and this one actually came up with many many more hits.

This led me to believe the phrase we are more familiar with here in Australia, of "only as good as your last game", was originally intended not to refer to the most recent game you've played, but actually the final game you play. Which may be in the future.

I believe "only as good as your next game" is far more appropriate. I actually once Googled both phrases and this one actually came up with many many more hits.

This led me to believe the phrase we are more familiar with here in Australia, of "only as good as your last game", was originally intended not to refer to the most recent game you've played, but actually the final game you play. Which may be in the future.
Thats crap in my opinion. The season is long and there are many who play an intergral part in getting to where you are wanting to go. Dis-respecting that will get you nowhere longer term if you treat current players like that. Might have been appropriate back in the 1980's but not now regardless of what it was intended to refer to "originally". We live in a different world now whether we like it or not and getting the best out of players is not through tough love anymore. I dont agree with it necessarily but that's what it is.

Google Smoogle. ;)

Thats crap in my opinion. The season is long and there are many who play an intergral part in getting to where you are wanting to go. Dis-respecting that will get you nowhere longer term if you treat current players like that. Might have been appropriate back in the 1980's but not now regardless of what it was intended to refer to "originally". We live in a different world now whether we like it or not and getting the best out of players is not through tough love anymore. I dont agree with it necessarily but that's what it is.

Google Smoogle. ;)
What?

Google Smoogle. ;)
Believe you totally misunderstood his post.

If you only counting seniors probably 12 or so GF’s mate. Two VFA or VFL now and two QAFL and rest suburban Leagues.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry if it was already reported here. Buzza signed with Sharks.
Yes I put this up sometime ago along with Reville and Kyle Dunkley being elevated onto main list. See if any of the remaining eventuates.

Buzza out Ryan in is a like for like I suppose.

Not going to give up my sources but I am led to believe that both Reville and Kyle Dunkley will be elevated onto the list. There is currently 5 list spots available so they will use two on these boys and three in draft.

Lions have salary cap restrictions like most clubs which will only get tighter in coming years as younger players like Ashcroft, Wilmot, etc will need contract upgrades. No doubt they had to upgrade Lohman and Dev to keep them for next year.

Not going to give up my sources but I am led to believe that both Reville and Kyle Dunkley will be elevated onto the list. There is currently 5 list spots available so they will use two on these boys and three in draft.

Lions have salary cap restrictions like most clubs which will only get tighter in coming years as younger players like Ashcroft, Wilmot, etc will need contract upgrades. No doubt they had to upgrade Lohman and Dev to keep them for next year.
Three in the draft? Michael has been upgraded to the main list, so that's one gone.

On F1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back