2nds 2023 VFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reville would be a Cat B Rookie wouldn't he? Replacing White's young bloke.

Dunkley being elevated has to be a laugh.

Kyle Dunkley has looked like a solid B grade VFL level player, just keep him on as a top up player for the reserves.

If we want another mid on the list I would be taking one in the draft, Kane McAuliffe would be ideal.

Reville would be a Cat B Rookie wouldn't he? Replacing White's young bloke.

Dunkley being elevated has to be a laugh.
Presuming we take him as a Qld prelisted rookie, he'll be able to be a Cat B. By far the most likely scenario.

would need to tear it up if it means you have to take Kyle Dunkley. There are 20 mids in the QAFL better than him
It is safe to say that you could easily make the argument that the club perhaps is pandering to the players that are older players of far less average brothers by listing them when they really should have been completely overlooked. Tom Berry, Blake Coleman and now Kyle Dunkley aren’t AFL quality players yet the club feels the need to waste list spots by listing them.

It is safe to say that you could easily make the argument that the club perhaps is pandering to the players that are older players of far less average brothers by listing them when they really should have been completely overlooked. Tom Berry, Blake Coleman and now Kyle Dunkley aren’t AFL quality players yet the club feels the need to waste list spots by listing them.
I have faith in the club that Tom Berry and Blake Coleman would have been drafted on their merits, Blake was actually a matched bid so other club/s were interested, Tom was also rated by a few draft pundits.

Kyle Dunkley and Lockie Rayner are only VFL top ups so don't see too much of a problem with that(they look good enough for that level of footy to my eye), not as though they are taking up an AFL list spot.

FWIW I am against putting Kyle on our AFL list, there are multiple better mature age midfield options that I saw playing against us in the VFL that would be better options IMO.

I have faith in the club that Tom Berry and Blake Coleman would have been drafted on their merits, Blake was actually a matched bid so other club/s were interested, Tom was also rated by a few draft pundits.

Kyle Dunkley and Lockie Rayner are only VFL top ups so don't see too much of a problem with that(they look good enough for that level of footy to my eye), not as though they are taking up an AFL list spot.

FWIW I am against putting Kyle on our AFL list, there are multiple better mature age midfield options that I saw playing against us in the VFL that would be better options IMO.
I didn’t list Cam’s brother because he was purely a VFL player that even still was missing out when our list was pretty healthy. I assume he went and played QAFL when not playing reserves, not sure how that part of the reserves works.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Admittedly I didn’t catch every game, but I thought Dunkleys last half to the year was pretty good. Played a different role to Matho and probably covers the ground better.

Realistically, neither of them are AFL footballers.

Better off going to the draft, or topping up with a mature ager from the VFL like Reville, or even the prolific Jacob Dawson (or Boyd Woodock) from Southport.

I've long felt both those guys deserve another opportunity at AFL level, especially Woodcock who has AFL attributes in spades.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back