2nds 2023 VFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not sure what’s going on, but BF is not allowing me to reply to a post, or tag anyone.

Dalions, the guy was pretty skinny, and I thought had blond or dyed blond hair.

Not sure what’s going on, but BF is not allowing me to reply to a post, or tag anyone.

Yep, still think it’s him but he does have a bit more size about him when you are up close.

Is the image below the player you are thinking of
Below a crop of an image from Mr. Rippers Wed training pics.
Hope he does not mind me cropping and posting the image.
The 2nd image is of Lockie Rayner dated 2019
Both have the same upper arm 87 tat

1673608581729.png

116179041_3315778388485404_5330752253236780967_n.jpg

Is the image below the player you are thinking of
Below a crop of an image from Mr. Rippers Wed training pics.
Hope he does not mind me cropping and posting the image.
The 2nd image is of Lockie Rayner dated 2019
Both have the same upper arm 87 tat

View attachment 1586274

116179041_3315778388485404_5330752253236780967_n.jpg
Wasn't the image I had in my head. Had long blonde mullet with the sides shaved, and I thought arm and leg tats. But I might be mis-remembering.

Wasn't the image I had in my head. Had long blonde mullet with the sides shaved, and I thought arm and leg tats. But I might be mis-remembering.
There was a bloke with a fabulous mullet and rocking a mo - dude had naturally curly hair so was peak 80s look. But no tats that I recll.

Frankly I can not seeing us losing a game in the AFL or VFL this season:eek:. VFL side from only AFL listed players>

Ryan Lester, Darragh Joyce, Jaxon Prior.
Noah Answerth, Tom Fullarton, Darcy Wilmot.

Darcy Fort, Rhys Matheison, Jarryd Lyons.
James Tunstill, Harry Sharp, Nakia Cockatoo.

Kai Lohmann, Kalin Lane, Shadeau Brain.
Blake Coleman, Henry Smith, Callum Ah Chee.

James Madden, Jaspa Fletcher, Carter Michael, Daryl McDowell-White.

Without taking into account top ups like Riley Greene, Wylie Buzza, Kyle Dunkley etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice to see the VFL guys getting a bit of recognition. They play an important role in maintaining the development pathway of their AFL team mates. And I guess they are keeping the dream alive even if it’s a bit of a struggle with additional work commitments.
Curious to know what the time-commitment expectations are for a guy on our VFL list (not on the AFL list)...surely there are significant differences in terms of time and availability given that most would have or need other employment income as well.

Curious to know what the time-commitment expectations are for a guy on our VFL list (not on the AFL list)...surely there are significant differences in terms of time and availability given that most would have or need other employment income as well.
Most clubs do separate training sessions after hours, Brisbane is actually worse regarding time commitment due to the VFL squad training with the AFL squad twice per week.. during the day.

Most clubs do separate training sessions after hours, Brisbane is actually worse regarding time commitment due to the VFL squad training with the AFL squad twice per week.. during the day.
I have seen the VFL guys in photos at every training session the Lions have posted online, every Monday morning, Wednesday afternoon and Friday morning sessions this preseason.

I guess if you happen to work for Brighton Homes as a tradie, you might have flexible hours.

We must really rate Reville to keep him on. Looks very draftable, I wonder what the knock on him is.
Pure speculation, we’re trying to keep the best possible talent available on our VFL list.

Some of these players may still want to chase the AFL dream. Others may be happy be happy playing at VFL level.

From what I have read elsewhere, not all our VFL players were happy with how they were used or treated.

Again from what I have been told, it’s possible to earn more in other leagues, or get a decent paying job and hours that fit around football.

Pure speculation, we’re trying to keep the best possible talent available on our VFL list.

Some of these players may still want to chase the AFL dream. Others may be happy be happy playing at VFL level.

From what I have read elsewhere, not all our VFL players were happy with how they were used or treated.

Again from what I have been told, it’s possible to earn more in other leagues, or get a decent paying job and hours that fit around football.

What a strange reply

I have seen the VFL guys in photos at every training session the Lions have posted online, every Monday morning, Wednesday afternoon and Friday morning sessions this preseason.

I guess if you happen to work for Brighton Homes as a tradie, you might have flexible hours.

There are many very good players that opt out of it for this reason. Caleb Franks, Will Fletcher (pulled the pin after 1 year), Jack Rolls etc.

Basically AFL level commitment almost, for less than they earn in the QAFL and about a 10th of what they would get at Southport if they are good enough to play there.

We must really rate Reville to keep him on. Looks very draftable, I wonder what the knock on him is.

I actually can't believe Reville has stuck around on the Lions VFL roster. He's a jet, but they've taken spuds like Blake Coleman ahead of him, even though he outperforms him at every level of footy available to him. Should have gone to the SANFL or WAFL.

This would be like his 5th year playing 2s for the Lions, if they were ever going to give him an opportunity, they would have by now.

Of all the 18 AFL clubs, the Lions are one of the few that have literally never, ever upgraded one of their well performed 2nds players to the senior list. Terrible at fostering and looking after local talent, even the decision to take the Irish bloke over Arnold or Greene was mystifying as well.

There are many very good players that opt out of it for this reason. Caleb Franks, Will Fletcher (pulled the pin after 1 year), Jack Rolls etc.

Basically AFL level commitment almost, for less than they earn in the QAFL and about a 10th of what they would get at Southport if they are good enough to play there.

I actually can't believe Reville has stuck around on the Lions VFL roster. He's a jet, but they've taken spuds like Blake Coleman ahead of him, even though he outperforms him at every level of footy available to him. Should have gone to the SANFL or WAFL.

This would be like his 5th year playing 2s for the Lions, if they were ever going to give him an opportunity, they would have by now.

Of all the 18 AFL clubs, the Lions are one of the few that have literally never, ever upgraded one of their well performed 2nds players to the senior list. Terrible at fostering and looking after local talent, even the decision to take the Irish bloke over Arnold or Greene was mystifying as well.

Tasker performed at a similar level in 2021 and went to the SANFL to get stuck in reserves

You overrate form at VFL level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back