2023 Vuelta a España

Remove this Banner Ad

Also props to Kaden Groves for having two strong Grand Tours this year. Reckon he only needs to win tomorrow night to lock the points jersey down.

Still not sure what Quickstep were doing last night. That was the perfect stage for Jumbo. They let the break go and win, no attacks came from any of their rivals. Now they have a flat stage where they'll keep the jersey, Alpecin and DSM will do most of the chasing and spend little energy defending red. Quickstep needed to put the pressure on so that it might affect them on the Tourmalet, and if not there then the day after or the day after that. There are really only 2 days in week 3 where you can affect the GC.

UAE did that perfectly. Groves was still phenomenal despite his lead out getting slowed and his foot clipping out. He's the quickest by 5-10%

Groves was let down by his lead out who delivered a poor performance.
I love the fact that you will find any excuse for either Jayco or an Aussie rider but some of it has to go to the fact that he ****ed up.

Barring a Jumbo implosion this looks all but over. Watching Roglic I feel like he isn't showing what he is really feeling. At 33 it's kinda now or never and I feel the plan was for him to be protected rider here with Jonas to be the sacrificial lamb like what they both did to Pog at 22 TDF. Kuss just has to survive Angrilu and he has won it, 3 GT's in a year, unbelievable if he does and looked really good last night. There is too many chefs in the JV kitchen and could this possibly be the thing to shake one loose? Ineos and some big bags of cash would be ready if one wanted out.

Barring a Jumbo implosion this looks all but over. Watching Roglic I feel like he isn't showing what he is really feeling. At 33 it's kinda now or never and I feel the plan was for him to be protected rider here with Jonas to be the sacrificial lamb like what they both did to Pog at 22 TDF. Kuss just has to survive Angrilu and he has won it, 3 GT's in a year, unbelievable if he does and looked really good last night. There is too many chefs in the JV kitchen and could this possibly be the thing to shake one loose? Ineos and some big bags of cash would be ready if one wanted out.
The fake Land Rovers are apparently chasing Remco, offering him big bags, in the hope of shaking him loose from Soudal.

The fake Land Rovers are apparently chasing Remco, offering him big bags, in the hope of shaking him loose from Soudal.
Lefev won't let him go, sponsors will leave. Next year's team is already a skeleton of previous years rosters. Ballerini is back to Astana. If what the team is saying is true, that he isn't sick, then perhaps last night was a silent protest to be released from his contract.

I think Roglic especially seems genuinely thrilled for Kuss and the chance to repay him for everything over the years. Jonas going clear was the right thing yesterday. They can’t ride for Kuss in case he does blow up but now they can just tempo ride knowing if he does crack they’ll win anyway.

Long term Roglic is the one who would be most likely to go. Jonas might keep coming back to the Vuelta as there’s not much else for him on the calendar after the Tour each year. That leaves Rog with only the Giro leadership and he’s too good still to limit himself to that.

I love the fact that you will find any excuse for either Jayco or an Aussie rider but some of it has to go to the fact that he ****ed up.

Oliveira whipped past the Alpecin lead out as if they were standing still and delivered the victory on a platter to Molano - This was a reverse to the 2021 Schelderprix when QS had control of the leadout until Rickaert from Alpecin screamed around the outside with Philipsen on his wheel leaving S.Bennett and Cavendish in the dust - It's a fact that sometimes a leadout gets it wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My theory behind Remco's implosion and resurrection 24 hours later - He's been a dominant rider since the juniors, skipped the under 23's and fairly quickly asserted his dominance in the elites - Think at times that when he is feeling a bit off ( which happens to all ) he then at times, struggles to work through the problem and gives up. Anyway he will be at the 2024 TDF, howver, you can't have a whole team around him, and QS will need to bring a sprinter.

Gonna be tough for Jumbo today. Nathan van Hooydonck apparently collapsed while driving and caused a massive crash. He's in a serious condition in hospital

Last edited:
Gonna be tough for Jumbo today. Nathan van Hooydonck apparently collapsed while driving and caused a massive crash. He's in a serious condition in hospital

Honestly doubt they're concerned race wise. They're virtual locks on the win

They'd need 2+ mins to survive
Rhetorical question mate ;).

Can see Remco just strolling in and losing 10+ minutes tonight if he can.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back