2023 young talent time

Remove this Banner Ad

2 was ahead of the daicos bid tho

pretty calamitous imo
Logic was it was going to get swallowed, 2, 4, 5, 9 didn't really matter.

Finlay Macrae and Reef McInnes was who they got and neither have been terrible.

Also they're premiers so it absolutely was not calamitous.

If you're live trading on the night you're doing it for a reason, and need I remind people that live trading has gotten us O'Driscoll and Frederick. (Also got us Valente but can't win em all).

When Clarko built Hawthorn he built it around Buddy and Roughead. He likes talls and Norths have one. Larkey.

I am happy to be wrong but really don’t think Curtin falls past either of those clubs.
Yeah but both those fellas were forwards, Clarko always tops up with key backs of value by trading and free agents - Lake and Gibson.
I reckon the Hawks will be after forwards small and big bastards, they have just traded out Koschitzke and Brockman.
I’ll be gutted if the budgies get Curtin and fwiw if he slides I would definitely chuck to of the future firsts to get him…
We would still get LMac with our 2025 first and one of the others we have next year - IF we still see LMac as a need - a lot to play out this coming season….

I see Schoenmaker doesn’t crack the Twomey top 30. I am very big on this kid. He’s got a hoof and just reeks “footballer”.

Getting on the squirt and getting a club suspension is all good, as far as I am concerned. For some blokes.

Melbourne recruiters watched Martin Pike break into his own house for their interview with him. Then watched him hurriedly clear the beer cans off the coffee table when they finally got inside.

Dude has more premiership medallions than he can probably safely count.

Because he reeked “footballer”

Old mate Schoenmaker has what it takes.

Get him in, Wallsy. Do the ******* Dockery thing for once in your careful life.

Go on. Hit rewind on one of his 60-metre lobs off a very lazy step. Just watch it again and think about rapid transition from the half back line. BOOF

Jesus, Wallsy. He’s done it again. Sent the campaigner into space.
Looks like a gem 194 cm and a booming kick and a raw talent..
But I fear our conservative coaching staff would doubt their ability to inspire a young kid to give up the beers

Logic was it was going to get swallowed, 2, 4, 5, 9 didn't really matter.

Finlay Macrae and Reef McInnes was who they got and neither have been terrible.

Also they're premiers so it absolutely was not calamitous.

If you're live trading on the night you're doing it for a reason, and need I remind people that live trading has gotten us O'Driscoll and Frederick. (Also got us Valente but can't win em all).
Not sure why you're defending against this point so hard

If we live traded 2 for a couple mid 20s picks I'd blow a gasket

Sure there was logic there and Daicos actually being good saved them but they would have got Daicos anyway, thats the whole point, They could have had Callaghan and Daicos, thats a midfield pair for 15 years

Or maybe they go tall seeing as they need a KPF, Daicos and Amiss

I just dont see Mcdonld leaving the swans

I think because not as many FS or northern academy next they could use one of next years firsts to get back into the teens.

I honestly dont have any idea what Wallsy is thinking but i hope if they like curtin or Collard they have a dip. Mark Duffield write a good article yesterday about freo going for curtin

View attachment 1855693View attachment 1855694View attachment 1855695
That's just an opinion piece by Duff I think.

I wouldn't have thought Dawson would leave either. I have no idea whether it is realistic but we very obviously prioritised 2024 over 2023 and I expect that to be realised in our strategy on Monday/Tuesday.

Yeah but both those fellas were forwards, Clarko always tops up with key backs of value by trading and free agents - Lake and Gibson.
I reckon the Hawks will be after forwards small and big bastards, they have just traded out Koschitzke and Brockman.
I’ll be gutted if the budgies get Curtin and fwiw if he slides I would definitely chuck to of the future firsts to get him…
We would still get LMac with our 2025 first and one of the others we have next year - IF we still see LMac as a need - a lot to play out this coming season….
True.

******* Lake.

This is fairly specific lol, when has something this calamitous happened off the back of live trading... for well anyone across the clubs? (Stocker for Carlton and Sharp for Gold Coast maybe?)

Happy to be corrected, but got any examples? Freo's drafting has been good for awhile, that hasn't been a problem. There's other problems yes, but it isn't the drafting.

Agreed drafting has been next to elite. Trading has seen a some less desirable outcomes (Hogan, Bennell, Lobb, trading up for Valente and to a lesser extent NOD who has every chance to come good).

Honestly I like what Freo have done this year. I think Coll have shown you can sit out drafts on a regular basis and still build a successful team. We’ll have 12 players next year with experience ranging from 2 to 36 games and that’s where I think our real improvement will come from, not from draftees.

I want us to keep all ‘24 picks as we should fill some holes this year with the players we have, then next year pick exactly what we need 1st round. I’m just bracing myself for some bizarre trade that I don’t understand seeing as we could have had picks 19 & 23 this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know a lot of people on here didn’t really fancy him too much but I thought Tholstrup was excellent in the WAFL grand final and I see Twomey now has him going to Melbourne at pick 13.
He must be well regarded by Jason Taylor. I think he’s going to be a quality AFL player and would be an ideal Cam Rayner type for us if we had been in range

That's just an opinion piece by Duff I think.

I wouldn't have thought Dawson would leave either. I have no idea whether it is realistic but we very obviously prioritised 2024 over 2023 and I expect that to be realised in our strategy on Monday/Tuesday.
Yeh it is

Dawson was always moving back to SA his GF never moved to sydney with him

At this point, I'm just hoping we can pinch Sanchez with our first pick. Wouldn't mind Gothard either, not particularly impressed with Delean.

I can live with Logan Morris if we pull the trigger on him, he does seem a talent. Just not sure we need him if Sturt continues his rise.

Joe Fonti does seem like a decent late option, don't mind that we're apparently into him. Joel Freijah also looks like he has some tools. Maybe Will Lorenz.

So, assuming there's no surprises give me:

#34 Koen Sanchez > Phoenix Gothard > Logan Morris

#38 Joel Freijah > Will Lorenz > Joe Fonti

Last main pick Shaun Mannagh > Josh (?) Clohesy

Rookie Joe Fonti > Aiden O'Driscoll

SSP Jeremy Sharp

Look for another forward next year.

At this point, I'm just hoping we can pinch Sanchez with our first pick. Wouldn't mind Gothard either, not particularly impressed with Delean.

I can live with Logan Morris if we pull the trigger on him, he does seem a talent. Just not sure we need him if Sturt continues his rise.

Joe Fonti does seem like a decent late option, don't mind that we're apparently into him. Joel Freijah also looks like he has some tools. Maybe Will Lorenz.

So, assuming there's no surprises give me:

#34 Koen Sanchez > Phoenix Gothard > Logan Morris

#38 Joel Freijah > Will Lorenz > Joe Fonti

Last main pick Shaun Mannagh > Josh (?) Clohesy

Rookie Joe Fonti > Aiden O'Driscoll

SSP Jeremy Sharp

Look for another forward next year.
Tough on Delean watched him play SANFL league & didnt look out of place

Remove this Banner Ad

Back