2nds 2024 Adelaide Crows SANFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Looking forward to seeing the development.

As I like to do (just for my own fun) each year after the draft, I tried naming a possible reserves side after likely types picked in the As.

Welsh (SANFL rookie) Burgess. McHenry
Dowling. Gollant Cook
Edwards. Berry Sholl
Ryan Himmelberg. Sloane
Hamill. Borlase. Parnell

R - Strachan. Schoenberg. Taylor

I - Bond, T.Murray (training)

Very exciting. Wanted to fit in Dowling, Bond, Berry, Edwards on the ball. Will do if Schoenberg injured. Have assumed N. Murray out for moment.

It's likely this is the last shot for this group to win an SANFL flag as we push away from a rebuilding side into a contender. Seeing we do need to cull the players who didn't quite make it.

Getting Welsh a year early is also huge.

Looking forward to seeing the development.

As I like to do (just for my own fun) each year after the draft, I tried naming a possible reserves side after likely types picked in the As.

Welsh (SANFL rookie) Burgess. McHenry
Dowling. Gollant Cook
Edwards. Berry Sholl
Ryan Himmelberg. Sloane
Hamill. Borlase. Parnell

R - Strachan. Schoenberg. Taylor

I - Bond, T.Murray (training)

Very exciting. Wanted to fit in Dowling, Bond, Berry, Edwards on the ball. Will do if Schoenberg injured. Have assumed N. Murray out for moment.
I can't see rory sloane playing an SANFL game

I can't see rory sloane playing an SANFL game
This will be the test for Nicks

I know people are bullish on our new recruits and rightly so but they will more likely play more SANFL than AFL.

But we still have others we need to look at more . Playing Sloane in the 1s may be a season opening 5 games but anymore than that we are crazy.

There is a time to call time

I know people are bullish on our new recruits and rightly so but they will more likely play more SANFL than AFL.

But we still have others we need to look at more . Playing Sloane in the 1s may be a season opening 5 games but anymore than that we are crazy.

This is the Nicks that couldn't bear to see 'omitted' next to his name when dropping him to sub and also got him back into midfield rotation despite us playing better without him. No way Rory Sloane plays SANFL.

It seems Rory dictates to the coach

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is the Nicks that couldn't bear to see 'omitted' next to his name when dropping him to sub and also got him back into midfield rotation despite us playing better without him. No way Rory Sloane plays SANFL.
I'm old enough to remember last off season when the bed wetters were worried Nicks wouldn't tap Sloane on the shoulder and get the captaincy handed over.

How'd that turn out again? :think:

Be interesting to see who is announced as captain. Assume it’s Madgen as he was our marquee last year. Wright now retired so makes sense the marquee is the captain

Where does Murray's younger bro fit into all of this?
COMING
Chris Burgess (Gold Coast/West Adelaide), Daniel Curtin (Claremont), Charlie Edwards (Sandringham Dragons/Sandhurst), Oscar Ryan (Murray Bushrangers/Shepparton United), Tyler Welsh (Woodville-West Torrens), Toby Murray (Wangaratta), Steve Burton (Gawler South), Darcy Clifford (Langhorne Creek), Jayden Davis (Prince Alfred OC), Austin McDonald (Central District/Barossa District), Sam Daniele (Broadview)

GOING
Matthew Wright (retired/assistant coach at Adelaide), Tom Doedee (Brisbane), Andrew McPherson (delisted), Jackson Hately (delisted/Essendon VFL), Tyler Brown (delisted), Shane McAdam (Melbourne), Paul Seedsman (retired), Tariek Newchurch (delisted/North Adelaide), Isaya McKenzie (retired/Willaston), Louis Sharrad (retired), Jaidan Kappler (Bordertown), Blayne O’Loughlin (North Adelaide)

I can answer that for you having seen quite a bit of him for the Murray Bushrangers, he's a Forward/Ruck very good aerially and like brother Nick lacks nothing in the strength department.
More mobile than Strachan then? If he has his brothers agro potential AFL ruck?

26f2698d-62e7-47c3-82c8-f878c04c7cd3.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back