2nds 2024 Adelaide Crows SANFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I wandered down to Noarlunga yesterday and my impressions fwiw.

1) South will struggle this year however I think this is only the second time our Twos have won with 10 or more top ups (the other time from memory was a couple of years ago against an awful West Adelaide). It was great to see so many Kids in the engine room.

2) Dowling is ready, play him in the AFL.

3) Nankervis is ready, play him in the AFL.

4) Clearly Curtin has talent but I think he lacks a bit of confidence at the moment, not surprising for a young Kid. I would not complain if he plays against Melbourne but I suspect he will take some time to realise his potential.

5) I liked the look of Ryan and Edwards and it was the best game that Bond has played for the club..

6) I prefer Parnell to Hamill but he may never be a regular AFL player.

7) Cook played the whole game on the wing and had 16 mostly meaningless touches, I don’t get some people’s obsession with him.

8) Gollant couldn’t stick his marks, Strachanie was influential in the second half.

9) Gallagher is quick (great snap for a goal in the 3rd quarter), Murray looks promising, Welsh is a BIG young lad.

10) Overall, the top ups did their job but I doubt that we will play finals this year.
Agree with most of this ciao

from What I saw yesterday I would be certainly picking nank who has been in great form all year and been desperately unluckily not to have played already

Billy may deserve a chance too but we need to realise his short kicking is still a work in progress He can slice the ball off his foot. He is much better with long kicks

Parnell could give us some run we desperately need out of defence

I would consider Strauchnie. He has been in good touch and could give ROB a bit of a rest. Burgess is too small to play in ruck and max will kill him next week if they match up.

Three new boys not ready but they played well in second half. Ryan really impressed at half back and just what we need in this position. Been quiet in games up till now. Edwards kick to cook in the last qr from the centre square was pure class. He just needs to work on his tackling and a few other parts of his game. Curtin looks to be playing hurt but his marks and efforts in the third qr was impressive

Murray looks very promising with his mobility and high marking. Could have easily had more than 4 goals

One of boyles best games

LOL

These bunch of s**t picks you talk of, before this round of games we held pick 9, 33, 47 and 65, that ain't getting anywhere near enough points if a bid came in the top 10 let alone the top 5..
To be fair - pick 5 is 1878 points and pick 9 is 1469. So, with the 20% discount, pick 9 is almost enough points by itself for a pick 5 bid.

But that's not the issue. The issue is that a third forward is NOT what we should be using all our draft capital on this year - we NEED a premium mid at the top of the draft before we take Welsh.

LOL

These bunch of s**t picks you talk of, before this round of games we held pick 9, 33, 47 and 65, that ain't getting anywhere near enough points if a bid came in the top 10 let alone the top 5..

It's not hard to get a bunch of s**t picks. The Bulldogs literally matched our bid for Ugle-Hagan with six picks in the 30s and 40s. And that was a bid at pick 1. It's trivial to find a club willing to turn pick 33 into two picks in late 30s/40, 47 for two picks in the 50s/60s, etc and get our points up in that way.

The issue is, if we also want to use a good pick on a player, we need to ensure we have had a chance to use it before the bid comes in. Either by using it as a trade, or by being clever in the draft.

Failing that, we can do what we always do which is trade the value into a pick from next year... but it feels like we've been doing that forever. If the right offer comes up, fine, but we really need quality in the club now.

They should have played them as curtain raisers to the AFL games, really get some crowd numbers
Did you give this any real thought at all before posting this brain fart?
Not to mention the disrespect it would show to the SANFL club members (not that you’d give a $hit), you’re suggesting another five games to be played on grounds with a very heavy workload on them already over one round.
Seriously. 🙄😂🙄

Did you give this any real thought at all before posting this brain fart?
Not to mention the disrespect it would show to the SANFL club members (not that you’d give a $hit), you’re suggesting another five games to be played on grounds with a very heavy workload on them already over one round.
Seriously.
It's not a bad idea. We couldn't have as many games at Adelaide Oval, but it'd be good for the SANFL to get seen by a lot of people.

Absolutely ridiculous they're already having a bye.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not a bad idea. We couldn't have as many games at Adelaide Oval, but it'd be good for the SANFL to get seen by a lot of people.

Absolutely ridiculous they're already having a bye.
The bye is no fault of the SANFL, that’s totally on the AFL and them dictating the terms of Gather Round, it was the same as last year.
I’m totally against any SANFL club games being used as curtain raisers, Port and Adelaide can do what they want when they play each other but it’s not fair that SANFL supporters and members should be expected to go to and AFL game just to see their team play.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back