Player Watch 2024 AFL Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Same rules as every other year.

This isn’t the thread to talk about your ladder predictions or declarations of how interested you are in the draft in response to a win/loss, nor is it the thread to declare who you want to trade for.
Those posts will be deleted.

Talk about the kids in the draft.

He is. We'd take him assuming North take a tall defender which they desperately need.
Seems like it will be between him and jasper Scaife depends on what north do. Not aware of any KPD rated near the top but not across all the prospects coverage is quite poor. The other one is Kobe Ryan unlucky not to be drafted killing it in the sanfl would potentially solve our right wing and add speed.

I hope the club is considering Tobyn Murray from Geelong VFL for mid-season. He was very impressive in our VFL game against the Cats and feels like another player they are 'hiding' down there.

See summary from Young Guns match a few weekends ago:

'Murray was immense in the Young Guns’ midfield with excellent ball delivery and defensive pressure, shown in one instance where he followed up his clearance work to provide a smother. He looked a strong bodied midfielder who set up plays and was good in traffic, while also showing great composure throughout the day along with great evasiveness. Capped off his afternoon with a long goal from a turnover at half-forward on the final siren.'

For MSD. Jasper Scaife is a 197cm 20yo KPF who's just made the WA state squad. Surely worth a look

He's really filled out. Looks a big boy.

A look back at the first game of 2024 for the super consistent Tom Gross. In a game in which his team was largely beaten at stoppage and in contests around the ground, Gross was one of the few that put in a strong and consistent performance across the four quarters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope the club is considering Tobyn Murray from Geelong VFL for mid-season. He was very impressive in our VFL game against the Cats and feels like another player they are 'hiding' down there.

See summary from Young Guns match a few weekends ago:

'Murray was immense in the Young Guns’ midfield with excellent ball delivery and defensive pressure, shown in one instance where he followed up his clearance work to provide a smother. He looked a strong bodied midfielder who set up plays and was good in traffic, while also showing great composure throughout the day along with great evasiveness. Capped off his afternoon with a long goal from a turnover at half-forward on the final siren.'
Liked the look of this kid!!
Knew where the goals were and seemed very clever!!!
I just hope Geelong don't get him 😡

Liked the look of this kid!!
Knew where the goals were and seemed very clever!!!
I just hope Geelong don't get him 😡

I like the way Will goes about his game, but we really need another tall.

Pike has been tracking well in the forward line as well as the ruck. Again I am not sure he could impact right away in the seniors.

Will be interesting to see who the Hawks pick. Maybe they just go best talent again, giving our needs are still all over the ground.

I like the way Will goes about his game, but we really need another tall.

Pike has been tracking well in the forward line as well as the ruck. Again I am not sure he could impact right away in the seniors.

Will be interesting to see who the Hawks pick. Maybe they just go best talent again, giving our needs are still all over the ground.
Mid season draft picks are such long shots at the best of times that you just take the best available and hope.

Mid season draft picks are such long shots at the best of times that you just take the best available and hope.

We've got the best group of mid season selections on our list overall, of any club in the competition IMO.

Newcombe, Blanck, D'Ambrosio, Ramsden.

3 best 22 players and a developing tall.

The interesting part this year is that there appears to be a mix of types. Hutchinson being a potential number 1 selection as a 190cm hybrid forward is unique in its own right.

We've got the best group of mid season selections on our list overall, of any club in the competition IMO.

Newcombe, Blanck, D'Ambrosio, Ramsden.

3 best 22 players and a developing tall.

The interesting part this year is that there appears to be a mix of types. Hutchinson being a potential number 1 selection as a 190cm hybrid forward is unique in its own right.
Sorry to be that guy, but yes unique except for number 1 selection last year also.

Sorry to be that guy, but yes unique except for number 1 selection last year also.

More so referring to this seasons crop.
There have been rucks, small forwards, wings, and general forwards all touted as potential top 5 picks in this seasons MSD.

We could end up with any type of player.

Even though it was ultimately a losing effort, this was possibly the most outstanding individual performance of the season so far in the talent league. Anderson willed his team back into the contest almost single handedly in the second half, dominating stoppage, laying bone crunching tackles and even chipping in with a couple of goals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back