AFL Club
Richmond

B: Rebbeca Miller, Libby Graham
HB: Eilish Sheerin, Gabby Seymour, Maddie Shevlin
C: Tessa Lavey, Ellie McKenzie, Kate Dempsey
HF: Courtney Jones, Katie Brennan, Stella Reid
F: Caitlin Greiser, Emelia Yassir
FOLL: Montana McKinnon, Monique Conti, Grace Egan
I/C: Laura McClelland, Charley Ryan, Sarah Hosking, Charli Wicksteed, Katelyn Cox

Depth: Isabel Bacon, Ally Dallaway, Molly Eastman, Mackenzie Ford, Jodie Hicks, Poppy Kelly, Beth Lynch, Amelia Peck, Jemima Woods

Inactive: Shelby Knoll

Richmond's biggest recruit heading into the 2024 season is no doubt former Crow Montana McKinnon, expected to take over that No.1 ruck role, and releasing Gabby Seymour back into an athletic defensive role.

Meanwhile, depending on midfield chemistry, Sarah Hosking may make way for Ally Dallaway, and there is every chance we'll see draftee Isabel Bacon have an impact in the middle at some point this year too.

Katelyn Cox, Jodie Hicks, and Beth Lynch will likely all be working toward one defensive role, and that might simply come down to matchups.

Cox has speed, Lynch has grit, while Hicks is more of a lockdown small defender.

Meanwhile, after two seasons out of the game with injury and illness, Charley Ryan is primed to make her mark this year.

the above best 21 looks too slow fwd and back.

not a fan of Gabby down back, anyway who's going to be the 2nd ruck?
would have at least one of Lynch, Cox and Hicks starting down back.

can't have Jones and Reid on at the same time, one or the other, but not both.
Hosking and/or Mack Ford have to be in there for speed and pressure, Yassir can't do it alone.

McKinnon along with a fit Lavey, Ryan and Ellie McK (for the whole season) are new recruits in my opinion.
Dallaway would be in before Wicksteed for mine.

Bacon and Ford will play games this year, too good not to.

so far baring injuries, squad looks good, maybe not top 4 though.

the above best 21 looks too slow fwd and back.

not a fan of Gabby down back, anyway who's going to be the 2nd ruck?
would have at least one of Lynch, Cox and Hicks starting down back.

can't have Jones and Reid on at the same time, one or the other, but not both.
Hosking and/or Mack Ford have to be in there for speed and pressure, Yassir can't do it alone.

McKinnon along with a fit Lavey, Ryan and Ellie McK (for the whole season) are new recruits in my opinion.
Dallaway would be in before Wicksteed for mine.

Bacon and Ford will play games this year, too good not to.

so far baring injuries, squad looks good, maybe not top 4 though.
No way Stella Reid will be in our best 21 - if she is, she will have done a power of work in the off-season to get there. I still think she has promise, but the burn is slow. Good hands, nice kick, but needs some ground craft.

Yes, on reputation you would have Dallaway ahead of Wickstead, but don't dismiss a full preseason and more confidence for Wickstead. Dallaway will force herself into our side - she is a two way runner - a nice linkage player with lots of in and unders, give and get handballs her go. Wickstead has the better penetrating kick, and guile around the contest

The speed you talk about is fact. If Lynch is not in the midfield, then is across half back providing the speed, and hardness down low. The other end needs Hosking, as you suggest. They worked it and it paid off. Easily replaces Reid.

The wild card is what Elle Mac can do. I think they will ease her back in somehow, so as to try and get a full season from her. Maybe the Wing will give her the chance to execute more football.

A nice battle for positions looms.

No way Stella Reid will be in our best 21 - if she is, she will have done a power of work in the off-season to get there. I still think she has promise, but the burn is slow. Good hands, nice kick, but needs some ground craft.

Yes, on reputation you would have Dallaway ahead of Wickstead, but don't dismiss a full preseason and more confidence for Wickstead. Dallaway will force herself into our side - she is a two way runner - a nice linkage player with lots of in and unders, give and get handballs her go. Wickstead has the better penetrating kick, and guile around the contest

The speed you talk about is fact. If Lynch is not in the midfield, then is across half back providing the speed, and hardness down low. The other end needs Hosking, as you suggest. They worked it and it paid off. Easily replaces Reid.

The wild card is what Elle Mac can do. I think they will ease her back in somehow, so as to try and get a full season from her. Maybe the Wing will give her the chance to execute more football.

A nice battle for positions looms.

yes agree with all of that Phar Ace as usual you're a legend!

i will be interested to know how we use Gabby, now that McKinnon will be rucking say at least 75%.
a little bit fwd AND back as well as 2nd ruck?

Dallaway just seems more advanced than Wicksteed ATM.
but yeah things will change, Wicksteed had only 50% TOG, while Dallaway had 75% at GWS.

yeah what to do about "slow burn" Stella.
probably one of the better kicks in our team, especially for goal, but can't get enough ball to do enough damage.

Brennan X 2 and Wakefield only ones to kick double digit goals in a season.
need a few more to do the same, in unison with Brennan next season.

McKenzie like Conti is one that i'd love to have 2 off.
did cut her teeth as a winger in juniors so yeah makes sense.
but i'd love to have her at HFF and be that extra mid, without having to start in the center.

surely Charley Ryan has a good run at it, deserves some luck.
could be that x-factor fwd/mid that would be a big bonus in that area.

yes agree with all of that Phar Ace as usual you're a legend!

i will be interested to know how we use Gabby, now that McKinnon will be rucking say at least 75%.
a little bit fwd AND back as well as 2nd ruck?

Dallaway just seems more advanced than Wicksteed ATM.
but yeah things will change, Wicksteed had only 50% TOG, while Dallaway had 75% at GWS.

yeah what to do about "slow burn" Stella.
probably one of the better kicks in our team, especially for goal, but can't get enough ball to do enough damage.

Brennan X 2 and Wakefield only ones to kick double digit goals in a season.
need a few more to do the same, in unison with Brennan next season.

McKenzie like Conti is one that i'd love to have 2 off.
did cut her teeth as a winger in juniors so yeah makes sense.
but i'd love to have her at HFF and be that extra mid, without having to start in the center.

surely Charley Ryan has a good run at it, deserves some luck.
could be that x-factor fwd/mid that would be a big bonus in that area.
With Gabby, I bet they have ideas, but nothing concrete. Pre-season will flesh that out I'm tipping. Her aerobic capacity will be the thing. She is massive in this department, so they will want to exploit it to the max and get some sort of unfair advantage from it. Could honestly see her play as a tall mid going forward. Be unconventional, but that's what makes getting another ruck so daring.

Have lost my connection with you know who, so won't comment on that for now.

Last edited:
With Gabby, I bet they have ideas, but nothing concrete. Pre-season will flesh that our I'm tipping. Her aerobic capacity will be the thing. She is massive in this department, so they will want to exploit it to the max and get some sort of unfair advantage from it. Could honestly see her play as a tall mid going forward. Be unconventional, but that's what makes getting another ruck so daring.

Have lost my connection with you know who, so won't comment on that for now.

100% agree was thinking the same.
she's a unicorn not quick not slow, can run all day.
could out mark nearly all mids that she'd play on.
hope they give her a crack at it.

have Gabby on one side and Ellie on the other side of the ground as tall mids, would be a nightmare for oppo teams.

I'd like to see both Lynch and Hicks start back.

Only Montana McKinnon from our new recruits is in her team. Only player omitted from our previous season's recruits is Molly Eastman. I hope that most of our new recruits overtake a few of those players by seasons end. We definitely have to get some of that speed into our team to improve to a top 4 team.

Hosking or Mackenzie Ford (who is a tackling machine) for a fwd line spot. Hosking was good against Collingwood so should get some games there, and Charley Ryan could be a possibility for a forward position, she may sneak post Jones and Reid.

We now have greater midfield depth with McKenzie, Lavey and Ryan all coming in, Sheerin possibly moving to midfield, and Dallaway as a new recruit. Hosking or Ryan may end up forward with this new depth. The same with Wicksteed and Dallaway for a midfield spot. All that pressure on to win a midfield position makes it highly competitive now.

Big Improver: I'm on an Amelia Peck watch if Miller goes out with injury

Lots of positions up for grabs. Maybe by seasons end our best team could look like this.

B: Rebbeca Miller, Beth Lynch
HB: Maddie Shevlin, Isabel Bacon, Jodie Hicks
HF: Courtney Jones, Katie Brennan, Mackenzie Ford
F: Caitlin Greiser, Emelia Yassir,
FOLL: Montana McKinnon, Monique Conti, Eilish Sheerin

I/C: Gabby Seymour, Grace Egan, Libby Graham, Ally Dallaway, Charley Ryan,

Depth: Charli Wicksteed, Sarah Hosking, Laura McClelland, Poppy Kelly, Amelia Peck, Molly Eastman, Jemima Woods, Stella Reid, Katelyn Cox,

Last edited:
I'd like to see both Lynch and Hicks start back.

Only Montana McKinnon from our new recruits is in her team. Only player omitted from our previous season's recruits is Molly Eastman. I hope that most of our new recruits overtake a few of those players by seasons end. We definitely have to get some of that speed into our team to improve to a top 4 team.

Hosking or Mackenzie Ford (who is a tackling machine) for a fwd line spot. Hosking was good against Collingwood so should get some games there, and Charley Ryan could be a possibility for a forward position, she may sneak post Jones and Reid.

We now have greater midfield depth with McKenzie, Lavey and Ryan all coming in, Sheerin possibly moving to midfield, and Dallaway as a new recruit. Hosking or Ryan may end up forward with this new depth. The same with Wicksteed and Dallaway for a midfield spot. All that pressure on to win a midfield position makes it highly competitive now.

Big Improver: I'm on an Amelia Peck watch if Miller goes out with injury

Lots of positions up for grabs. Maybe by seasons end our best team could look like this.

B: Rebbeca Miller, Beth Lynch
HB: Maddie Shevlin, Isabel Bacon, Jodie Hicks
HF: Courtney Jones, Katie Brennan, Mackenzie Ford

I/C: Gabby Seymour, Grace Egan, Libby Graham, Ally Dallaway, Charley Ryan,

Depth: Charli Wicksteed, Sarah Hosking, Laura McClelland, Poppy Kelly, Amelia Peck, Molly Eastman, Jemima Woods, Stella Reid, Katelyn Cox,
Don’t reckon bacon will play early on , peck showed a bit ,so did woods

B: Rebbeca Miller, Libby Graham
HB: Eilish Sheerin, Gabby Seymour, Maddie Shevlin
HF: Courtney Jones, Katie Brennan, Stella Reid
F: Caitlin Greiser, Emelia Yassir
FOLL: Montana McKinnon, Monique Conti, Grace Egan
I/C: Laura McClelland, Charley Ryan, Sarah Hosking, Charli Wicksteed, Katelyn Cox

Depth: Isabel Bacon, Ally Dallaway, Molly Eastman, Mackenzie Ford, Jodie Hicks, Poppy Kelly, Beth Lynch, Amelia Peck, Jemima Woods

Inactive: Shelby Knoll

Richmond's biggest recruit heading into the 2024 season is no doubt former Crow Montana McKinnon, expected to take over that No.1 ruck role, and releasing Gabby Seymour back into an athletic defensive role.

Meanwhile, depending on midfield chemistry, Sarah Hosking may make way for Ally Dallaway, and there is every chance we'll see draftee Isabel Bacon have an impact in the middle at some point this year too.

Katelyn Cox, Jodie Hicks, and Beth Lynch will likely all be working toward one defensive role, and that might simply come down to matchups.

Cox has speed, Lynch has grit, while Hicks is more of a lockdown small defender.

Meanwhile, after two seasons out of the game with injury and illness, Charley Ryan is primed to make her mark this year.
Surely cox doesnt remain , reckon NEw recruits from gws will come straight in

Don’t reckon bacon will play early on , peck showed a bit ,so did woods
Agree, but will be interesting on what line our coaches see her playing, midfield or back, she's suited to either with her pace, run and carry. She's a proven quick learner so hopefully will surprise. 🤞

I really rate Peck, I reckon she could get games and impress, especially against those teams with 2 x KPF, like both QLD teams have.

Woods has not put a foot wrong has she, improves every time she gets on the park, and gaining more confidence with each game, still only a 20 y.o.

Last edited:
Agree, but will be interesting on what line our coaches see her playing, midfield or back, she's suited to either with her pace, run and carry. She's a proven quick learner so hopefully will surprise. 🤞

I really rate Peck, I reckon she could get games and impress, especially against those teams with 2 x KPF, like both QLD teams have.

Woods has not put a foot wrong has she, improves every time she gets on the park, and gaining more confidence with each game, still only a 20 y.o.

agree with you toenail63, regarding Peck and Woods
Peck 24yo can play fwd, back or ruck, would have her and Miller (both over 180cm) over Graham (176cm)
most teams have 2 tall KPF or are starting to recruit that way.

i like Woods, she shows promise, but for some reason she plays wing, ruck and any other position than the one she should, which is as a fwd
got some speed, has a good leap for her size, nice field kick, but don't know what her goalkicking's like because she never plays in the fwd line.

yeah agree Bojangles17 on Cox
why get Dallaway and Hicks if not to improve our list.
Cox should be good depth, that's all.
Ferg was heard to say last year he wants to get Cox into the midfield mix eventually. Has the toe and the tenacity, not sure she enough polish to be there though. Maybe he's seen stuff on the training track that hasn't related to onfield yet, or, he just hadn't found a spot for her yet?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ferg was heard to say last year he wants to get Cox into the midfield mix eventually. Has the toe and the tenacity, not sure she enough polish to be there though. Maybe he's seen stuff on the training track that hasn't related to onfield yet, or, he just hadn't found a spot for her yet?

really Phar Ace? that's staggering.... wow.

I'd have a heap of players in the midfield before her.
yes, she's very quick, but the only job as a mid i see, is as a tagger?
surely, it's not a centre mid, maybe a wing position?

Ferg can be a bit, left of centre.... only took him 10 rounds to put Sheerin in the midfield, when we needed someone there to help Conti and Egan, with McKenzie being out for the whole year.

I will have to wait another 8 or so months to see how things unfold......bummer.:sadv1:

Ferg can be a bit, left of centre.... only took him 10 rounds to put Sheerin in the midfield, when we needed someone there to help Conti and Egan, with McKenzie being out for the whole year.

I will have to wait another 8 or so months to see how things unfold......bummer.:sadv1:
Surprised me too, but it was last season - lists improve too.

I'd be staggered if Ferg doesn't continue on with the positions that he had the girls playing in in the final game. If he goes back to what he did in the 1st 9 rounds then he proves he's not the man for the job.

Sheerin has to be in the midfield. Shevlin has to come out of that lockdown role she was playing and play as a rebounder so we can use that long penetrating kick to our advantage, SHosking has to play forward. She impacted more playing forward in 1 game than she did in pretty much any game she played in the midfield.

Gabby as you guys say is an interesting 1. She's so good, she can play anywhere but IMO, she plays as an intercepting defender in front of the 2 tall defenders Miller and either Peck or Graham. She can then dish off to the rebound coming out of defence, or push towards the wing. She can also play relief ruck in the back half and we can use the G-train as relief in the forward half.

Lavey is the other one I'm interested in. Will she go back to the wing? Will she play more on-ball. I really wanted to play her on-ball but coming back from injury maybe we take the safer option.

I'd personally go with the below.

B: Rebbeca Miller, Libby Graham / Amelia Peck
HB: Maddie Shevlin, Gabby Seymour, Beth Lynch
HF: Courtney Jones, Katie Brennan, Sarah Hosking

I/C: Isabel Bacon, Grace Egan, Mackenzie Ford, Ally Dallaway, Charley Ryan,

Depth: Charli Wicksteed, Jodie Hicks, Laura McClelland, Poppy Kelly, Libby Graham / Amelia Peck, Molly Eastman, Jemima Woods, Stella Reid, Katelyn Cox,

The one thing that really jumps our though, when you put teams down on paper, is how much depth we are now creating. All of those "depth" players could come in and play a role. I thought McClelland was very good last year, Peck and Woods look good options. I like Wickstead, interested to see what a full pre-season does for her, TOG% suggests her fitness needed work last year. Reid it comes down to if it clicks, and Hicks, Eastman and Cox are all solid players.

I'd be staggered if Ferg doesn't continue on with the positions that he had the girls playing in in the final game. If he goes back to what he did in the 1st 9 rounds then he proves he's not the man for the job.

Sheerin has to be in the midfield. Shevlin has to come out of that lockdown role she was playing and play as a rebounder so we can use that long penetrating kick to our advantage, SHosking has to play forward. She impacted more playing forward in 1 game than she did in pretty much any game she played in the midfield.

Gabby as you guys say is an interesting 1. She's so good, she can play anywhere but IMO, she plays as an intercepting defender in front of the 2 tall defenders Miller and either Peck or Graham. She can then dish off to the rebound coming out of defence, or push towards the wing. She can also play relief ruck in the back half and we can use the G-train as relief in the forward half.

Lavey is the other one I'm interested in. Will she go back to the wing? Will she play more on-ball. I really wanted to play her on-ball but coming back from injury maybe we take the safer option.

I'd personally go with the below.

B: Rebbeca Miller, Libby Graham / Amelia Peck
HB: Maddie Shevlin, Gabby Seymour, Beth Lynch
HF: Courtney Jones, Katie Brennan, Sarah Hosking

I/C: Isabel Bacon, Grace Egan, Mackenzie Ford, Ally Dallaway, Charley Ryan,

Depth: Charli Wicksteed, Jodie Hicks, Laura McClelland, Poppy Kelly, Libby Graham / Amelia Peck, Molly Eastman, Jemima Woods, Stella Reid, Katelyn Cox,

The one thing that really jumps our though, when you put teams down on paper, is how much depth we are now creating. All of those "depth" players could come in and play a role. I thought McClelland was very good last year, Peck and Woods look good options. I like Wickstead, interested to see what a full pre-season does for her, TOG% suggests her fitness needed work last year. Reid it comes down to if it clicks, and Hicks, Eastman and Cox are all solid players.
Doubt bacon plays from the get go

Doubt bacon plays from the get go

i wouldn't totally rule it out.
if she's good enough and ready, Bacon might get a place on the bench.

but at this early stage, I'd put money on one of the GWS recruits and/or Mack Ford getting a Rd 1 spot.
Montana McKinnon is a lock.

we'll look stronger with Ellie McKenzie and Tess Lavey back from injury.

i wouldn't totally rule it out.
if she's good enough and ready, Bacon might get a place on the bench.

but at this early stage, I'd put money on one of the GWS recruits and/or Mack Ford getting a Rd 1 spot.
Montana McKinnon is a lock.

we'll look stronger with Ellie McKenzie and Tess Lavey back from injury.
Too right

Pretty unusual, Bacon.
Played footy from Auskick, but wasn’t selected in any Rep footy side from u/14’s (Interleague) till finally her last season as a junior a top age u/18.
Played 90% mid every game for Sandringham and ave 13.5 disposals, three games for Vic Metro ave 11 disposals as a mid/ back flank.
Did ave nearly 8 tackles a game and has a very strong running background from athletics.
172 and looks for the contact apparently.
So seems not a prolific ball winner but hunts the player and won’t be out run.

Might be someone for an option in the Cox role in def?

Pretty unusual, Bacon.
Played footy from Auskick, but wasn’t selected in any Rep footy side from u/14’s (Interleague) till finally her last season as a junior a top age u/18.
Played 90% mid every game for Sandringham and ave 13.5 disposals, three games for Vic Metro ave 11 disposals as a mid/ back flank.
Did ave nearly 8 tackles a game and has a very strong running background from athletics.
172 and looks for the contact apparently.
So seems not a prolific ball winner but hunts the player and won’t be out run.

Might be someone for an option in the Cox role in def?

yeah, Bacon started with the Port Melbourne Colts under 12s and went through the Next Gen and Interleague pathways like most Sandringham Dragons girls do.

she began focusing purely on football just last year. (netball and basketball background, along with cross country and athletics)
won the Sandringham Dragons B&F.
won the Coaches Award for Victoria Metro at the Under 18 National Championships.

she's as raw as they come but started to really get going by the end of the season.
definitely will start her career off HBF, speed and endurance are her one wood.
kicking and decision-making need further improvement.

yeah, Bacon started with the Port Melbourne Colts under 12s and went through the Next Gen and Interleague pathways like most Sandringham Dragons girls do.

she began focusing purely on football just last year. (netball and basketball background, along with cross country and athletics)
won the Sandringham Dragons B&F.
won the Coaches Award for Victoria Metro at the Under 18 National Championships.

she's as raw as they come but started to really get going by the end of the season.
definitely will start her career off HBF, speed and endurance are her one wood.
kicking and decision-making need further improvement.
I’m pretty sure she didn’t go further with her sport in any season till she was a top age U/18.
Might be wrong. (which isn’t unusual)

I think it was from an interview with her from the club website

VFLW Round 1. Port Melbourne v Essendon at the Hanger. Port Melbourne Won 54 - 7.
Screenshot 2024-03-26 at 3.59.02 PM.png

Looks like Katelyn Cox may not be in the mix for a defensive role after all if the opening round of VFLW is anything to go by. Katelyn played as named forward playing as a high half forward. She went alright kicking a couple of snags and generally looking lively and using her speed to pressure well. Will watch with interest if it's a trend and she plays more games there.

Other Tiger girls to line up were Stella Reid and our draftees Mackenzie Ford in the forward half and Isabel Bacon in defence. Not sure if as per the article Reid will be in our best 21, she got a few touches and and did some nice things, no goals but set one up and also rotated into the midfield. Speed is her achilles heel though at AFLW level IMO for this to happen.

Bacon showed a clean pair of wheels and was definitely the speedster in the Borough team. She had some good moments going back and reading the flight in the wind taking some good defensive marks. Also didn't have a goal kicked on her (although with the scoreline the ball was at the other end a lot) and she had one moment after getting don't argued to the ground by Essendon AFLW's Lily-Rose Williamson, where she later lined Williamson up and absolutely crunched her in a tackle and won the free.

Mackenzie Ford loves a tackle, she likes to go in hard and she loves getting under players skin, her pace also served her well with both her and Cox either hurrying up their players or bringing them to ground in a tackle. She, like Reid, also lined up at centre bounce on occasion. Can't see her as a midfielder personally as yet, Port has plenty of mids rotating there, for example Ava Seton, arguably BOG, from QLD, former Lions academy, listed in season 7, delisted after 1 season with the depth of the Lions talent, and now picked up by Port. Very good player, local player (wests juniors) played with UQ Lioness in state league, only 20y old but with a lot of midfield experience and craft, is good inside and outside and one that we should be keeping an eye on, (14 Disposals, 12 tackles, 4 clearances)

Tiger Players Stats

Cox. 2 Goals, 12 Disposals, 7 Tackles and 2 clearances
Reid. 16 Disposals, 4 tackles and 3 clearances
Bacon. 12 Disposals, 4 Marks and 2 tackles
Ford. 6 Disposals, 5 Tackles

Last edited:
“Seymour's athleticism can now be used across other lines – potentially in defence should Eilish Sheerin be released into the middle”.

Looks like another of the piece of the puzzle for our best 21 come round 1 is playing out. i.e Eilish Sheeran as an onballer.

Round 3: Port Melbourne 5.2.32 def Williamstown 1.3.9

Screenshot 2024-04-07 at 7.43.35 PM.png

For anyone who didn’t get a win with their easter egg haul this year then this win should put a massive smile on your face. Unleashing Eilish into the middle. Yeah baby! I do get that we will lose her run and carry from defence and that this will require some adjustment but the trade off could be huge. Eilish starred on the weekend, gaining clearances at will, exploding from contest and generally just being a nightmare for the Oppo mids. She had a match high 11 clearances but she also hit many contests without gaining a possession giving her teammates support in numbers at the contest. She was great defensively as you’d expect but also in attack, gaining the most meters gained and inside 50’s. I have no doubt Sheeran will get the 10 coach’s votes from this game. She was BOG by a long way and looked every bit a AFLW class mid. Her game was right up there with the other star mids that have so far been played in numbers by the Hawks this VFLW season who have all dominated, i.e Emily Bates, Jaz Fleming, Eliza West. No wonder Hawks currently sit atop the ladder with an average of 1352%

Sheerin finished with around 80-85% game time with 24 Disposals, 11 Clearances, 6 Tackles and 3 marks and should have had a goal if she had taken a couple more steps to steady from 35m out after breaking away from a contest and having a clear shot on a slight angle. Port’s Ava Seton had another great game and will be in the coach’s votes for a third consecutive week with her 20 disposals, 7 Tackles and 4 clearances but her performance was overshadowed by a rampaging Sheerin.

Isabel Bacon continues to fit into Port’s back seven rotation and is continuing to play an important role where she is accountable over the oppo’s quickest forward, but she also works off them to impact further up the ground or drop back to intercept or protect the goal-line, learning this role with a strong Port backline that has only conceded 4 goals in 3 games. Yesterday’s only goal against came from back to back 50’s (100m penalty).

Stella Reid is playing less at clearances and more the role we expect with Richmond and using her strengths of finding space high up on the wing as an outlet or playing a third key forward and she has been good in this role.

Mackenzie Ford has been playing a similar role to Cox, forward and also around the contest higher up the ground and she is a little bit off it at the moment, but she's also had some really good moments. If she can get cleaner when she gets herself into outside space then she will become a real headache for oppo teams, but for now her natural defensive focus will keep her in games and the rest will come in time as she has the talent. Bacon similarly.

Charlie Wicksteed also had midfield time off the bench, providing clean skills and disposals, getting into space as an outlet and hitting up targets, playing to her strengths as an outside mid.

Unfortunately Ally Dallaway got hit pretty hard in a contest early in the first quarter and came off shortly after in obvious discomfort. I’m not sure what injury she has but she copped it on the shoulder, possibly an AC joint? Hopefully it's not a bad one.

Katelyn Cox did not play this week.

players stats - avg per game.

Sheerin. 24 Disposals, 11 Clearances, 6 Tackles and 3 Marks
Reid. 14 Disposals, 4 Tackles and 4 Marks (1.3 goals avg)
Cox. 12 Disposals and 9 Tackles (1 goal avg)
Bacon. 11 Disposals, 4 Tackles and 3 Marks
Wicksteed. 9 Disposals, 6 Marks and 2 Tackles
Ford. 6 Disposals and 7 Tackles

Remove this Banner Ad

Back