Preview 2024 Best 22 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Im saying Cox could go forward when Jackson is rucking if Draper rotates onto the second tall in the backline. Allowing us to always have three talls forward.
What Purple Jesus said. I highly doubt it.

I get the fascination of Cox forward, but we don't need it anymore and there's no way we priortise playing Draper over Chapman say, just so Cox can play 5 minutes forward per game.

What Purple Jesus said. I highly doubt it.

I get the fascination of Cox forward, but we don't need it anymore and there's no way we priortise playing Draper over Chapman say, just so Cox can play 5 minutes forward per game.
Draper will push Hughes out. Guy can play tall or small.
Running, evasive skills and can kick.
It’s like we cloned Chappy, and maybe Aish will again be a utility?

Draper will push Hughes out. Guy can play tall or small.
Running, evasive skills and can kick.
It’s like we cloned Chappy, and maybe Aish will again be a utility?
Hughes isn't B22 though. Draper has to push one of the KPDs or Ryan out when Cox comes back - good luck.

Whilst he moves well, I don't think he moves as well as 180cm guys so Clark, Aish etc aren't in danger.

Hughes isn't B22 though. Draper has to push one of the KPDs or Ryan out when Cox comes back - good luck.

Whilst he moves well, I don't think he moves as well as 180cm guys so Clark, Aish etc aren't in danger.
Walker Pearce Ryan
Clark Cox Chapman
Bench Aish
That’s our 7 backs, Draper gets a look if they move Chapman to a wing, but I feel like that would be a next year thing given his injuries.

Available Best 22 Post-Derby Loss.

Backline
Walker, Pearce, Draper
Clark, Ryan, Chapman

- Chapman returns finally and swaps in for Hughes. Aish moves to interchange for flexibility. Only change to this will be if/when Cox returns later this season, until then it's valuable experience for Draper.

Midfield
Darcy, Serong, Young
Sharp, Fyfe, Brayshaw

- Core four of Darcy/Young/Serong/Brayshaw lead here. Sharp on the wing, other side has plenty of options between Banfield, Aish, Chapman & Brayshaw.

Forward
Switkowski, Treacy, Johnson
Jackson, Taberner, Sturt

- Amiss swaps in for Taberner post-concussion after the next game but gives the JJJ core. Sturt makes for a solid 3rd option and pressures well. Johnson is one I wouldn't mind see more of at HFF - good size, mark and long kicking. Would love to see that side of his game develop, spotting up inside fifty targets as he builds for future midfield time.

Interchange
Banfield, Aish, Brodie, Fredrick

- JOM over Brodie is criminal and has gone far enough. Fredick returns to create havok with his speed & x-factor. Aish & Banfield provide rotation options across the ground.

Sub
Walters/Simpson

- Sub role might keep Walters fresh, because when he's on (which is get rarer these days sadly :( ) he's a genuine match winner. Simpson's the one I want to see as the sub. Body's still getting used to the physically of the AFL, but he's so explosive and damaging player. Put that against tired opponents and limited minutes to reduce the wear on the body? Perfect sub candiate IMO

Available Best 22 Post-Derby Loss.

Backline
Walker, Pearce, Draper
Clark, Ryan, Chapman

- Chapman returns finally and swaps in for Hughes. Aish moves to interchange for flexibility. Only change to this will be if/when Cox returns later this season, until then it's valuable experience for Draper.

Midfield
Darcy, Serong, Young
Sharp, Fyfe, Brayshaw

- Core four of Darcy/Young/Serong/Brayshaw lead here. Sharp on the wing, other side has plenty of options between Banfield, Aish, Chapman & Brayshaw.

Forward
Switkowski, Treacy, Johnson
Jackson, Taberner, Sturt

- Amiss swaps in for Taberner post-concussion after the next game but gives the JJJ core. Sturt makes for a solid 3rd option and pressures well. Johnson is one I wouldn't mind see more of at HFF - good size, mark and long kicking. Would love to see that side of his game develop, spotting up inside fifty targets as he builds for future midfield time.

Interchange
Banfield, Aish, Brodie, Fredrick

- JOM over Brodie is criminal and has gone far enough. Fredick returns to create havok with his speed & x-factor. Aish & Banfield provide rotation options across the ground.

Sub
Walters/Simpson

- Sub role might keep Walters fresh, because when he's on (which is get rarer these days sadly :( ) he's a genuine match winner. Simpson's the one I want to see as the sub. Body's still getting used to the physically of the AFL, but he's so explosive and damaging player. Put that against tired opponents and limited minutes to reduce the wear on the body? Perfect sub candiate IMO
That midfield got smashed and has done for years. It is not big enough or skillful enough. Brayshaw and Serong were thrown around like they were being chucked out of the cot

Remove this Banner Ad

Back