McVee May Lever
Bowey Tomlinson Salem
Langdon
Viney Hunter
Chandler Petty Kozzy
Fritsch JVR Petracca
Gawn Rivers Oliver
Brayshaw JSmith ANB Sparrow/McAdam

Have bolded the guys who need to earn their spot over the summer. If we are to realistically contend we probably need 2-3 players not at the club currently to cement themselves as best 22 and upgrade a position somewhere. I've been a bit harsh on Smith putting him in the bold section but his body is just so incredibly unreliable. The forward 6 actually looks quite strong especially if Trac spends extended periods down there (Should be going 50/50 with Koz swapping), but it is also quite young and aside from Fritta/Koz relatively unproven.

I really liked Hunter this year but was pretty dirty on Langdon, guy just fumbles way too much now and won't put his head over it. I respect his work ethic running back and forth but it wouldn't hurt to upgrade on him through development or another player coming into the club.

Think Id have Hunter bolded as well. While I think he's been a really solid pickup, I feel like he's too small to play wing in the modern game. I'm really hoping Howes can have a huge pre-season and claim one of the wing positions. Agree Langdon was absolutely atrocious this year, most dissapointing player IMO.

I like how you added in no new names (McAdam the exception). We really got no debutants ready to step up?

Looking forward to Simple Simon running it back with all of his mates for another straight sets exit!

B: McVee - May - Disco
HB: Rivers - Lever - Salem
C: Langdon - Brayshaw - Hunter
HF: Petracca - JVR - ANB
F: Pickett - Petty - Fritsch
R: Gawn - Oliver - Viney
IC/Depth: Bowey - Chandler - Howes - McAdam - Spargo - Sparrow - Smith - Woewodin

Maybe: Jefferson - Sestan - Laurie - Adams

Pls no: Tomlinson - T Mac - Schache - BBB

B: McVee - May - Disco
HB: Rivers - Lever - Salem
C: Langdon - Brayshaw - Hunter
HF: Petracca - JVR - ANB
F: Pickett - Petty - Fritsch
R: Gawn - Oliver - Viney
IC/Depth: Bowey - Chandler - Howes - McAdam - Spargo - Sparrow - Smith - Woewodin

Maybe: Jefferson - Sestan - Laurie - Adams

Pls no: Tomlinson - T Mac - Schache - BBB
Has anyone watched enough casey games to tell me how Jed Adams went this season and which defender he reminds you of?
At training a couple of weeks ago the way he was walking around reminded me of Weitering so here’s hoping haha

Has anyone watched enough casey games to tell me how Jed Adams went this season and which defender he reminds you of?
At training a couple of weeks ago the way he was walking around reminded me of Weitering so here’s hoping haha
Probably watched about 50% of the games and he seemed a bit slow and not very involved in the games I watched. Not really sure who to compare him to sorry, maybe some others can give more insight. Hopefully can start impacting more next year as we really need a key defender coming through with May over 30 and Petty potentially required forward.

I am pretty upbeat about next year. The list in the first post looks right. I don't think Melksham can hold his body together for an entire season. Which was my concern when he first came in this year.

JVR with another season will be great as will Petty who has to stay forward now. Based on prior players they will not rush Jefferson.

Can't see Brown or McDonald back in unless a miracle in form takes place. That is about 10k less posts on this forum if they don't play.

There will be one or two changes so will be good to see who steps up and who steps down. I don't think Laurie will make it though.

Last edited:
I really think WoJu can become a player after another offseason, uses the ball well, like what I saw in patches last year.

I want to believe it and I think I do.

But I've also been burned by so many young, fringe players before. I need to stop believing so much damn it.

ALSO BUT I would much rather watch him get some games than Jordan, Harmes and Spargo.

Probably watched about 50% of the games and he seemed a bit slow and not very involved in the games I watched. Not really sure who to compare him to sorry, maybe some others can give more insight. Hopefully can start impacting more next year as we really need a key defender coming through with May over 30 and Petty potentially required forward.
He's not Holmes... but he's not slow either.

Pleasantly surprising. Hope he can make a step up next year, Tommo & Smith are decent depth options but not the future, would be great to have him pressing for selection at some point.
TBH, I'm surprised there's not more recognition here of Smith as a forward. I'd have him ahead of JVR.

But, yeah, we could do with Adams coming on. He had some injuries in his draft year, so he wasn't at his best this year. But, JT is good with his late picks, so there must be some upside there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am pretty upbeat about next year. The list in the first post looks right. I don't think Melksham can hold his body together for an entire season. Which was my concern when he first came in this year.

JVR with another season will be great as will Petty who has to stay forward now. Based on prior players they will not rush Jefferson.

Can't see Brown or McDonald back in unless a miracle in form takes place. That is about 10k less posts on this forum if they don't play.

There will be one or two changes so will be good to see who steps up and who steps down. I don't think Laurie will make it though.
Jesus mate. Haven't you heard!? We're no chance next year. Read some of the posts on here. Go buy a GWS membership or watch another sport :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back