Prediction 2024 - Best 23 + Emergencies - Rolling

Remove this Banner Ad

How so?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Just reckon he's been through a situation that may have shaken him up a little. Now with his brother having a certain seniority and respect that he doesn't have yet. Training under no nonsense coaches. Realising the stakes at play at a club on the brink.

Any team that doesn't include Fog is wrong.

That's all.

I put my back out so have been rewatching the finals series again - naturally.

Fogs tackling and contested work/tackling is the staple of our team identity. He really sets the tone for our pressure. The flow on from the turnovers he creates are invaluable. He then uses the ball well to create space when he has it. Theyre usally quick, non flashy disposals but just does the good first option over and over again.

I think he’s becoming my favourite player.

I put my back out so have been rewatching the finals series again - naturally.

Fogs tackling and contested work/tackling is the staple of our team identity. He really sets the tone for our pressure. The flow on from the turnovers he creates are invaluable. He then uses the ball well to create space when he has it. Theyre usally quick, non flashy disposals but just does the good first option over and over again.

I think he’s becoming my favourite player.

One fault - goal kicking needs to improve, he does a lot of good, as you say, he doesn't get many set shots on goal, so when he does, he needs to nail them. He is a non flashy type of player, every team has them, they unfortunately need to perform at their best all the time over guys who "look" better while playing, if you know what I mean.

Hard as a cats head and you know if the ball is in his vicinity there is going to be a fight to win it.

Fogarty has been good playing a defensive role in the forward line and also as a midfield rotation but I think there will be upgrade options coming through this season. think Owies and Motlop are going to be locked into the forward line. I think surely Corey Durdin is a better option when fit. Our forward line has a lot of talent so it's going to be tough for spots. I like the way Fogarty plays but he has to be one of the worst shots for goal in the history of the game and his field kicking is not too flash either which really puts you on the outer as a forward. Someone who can do that same but can really use the footy is where we need to be looking. Good to have depth and competition for spots.

Any team that doesn't include Fog is wrong.

That's all.
I am a Fog fan, have been since we got him however I think he may now struggle to get in our best 22.

Kennedy to come back from last year's finals team is ahead of him. Jsos too will need to slot
back into that F50 set up somewhere. Motts a lock IMO, Owies, Durds and now perhaps E.Hollands, Fantasia and Moir
all in the mix.

It is going to be very tough for many including Fog. Great for the team.

Last edited:
Moir looks like he will be spending this upcoming season in the VFL building his endurance up to give him a greater chance to help getting his chance at AFL level, it’s not a skill thing it’s about being able to produce at a required level for his and the team’s benefit…
We’ve got a good bunch of talented youngsters that will play and develop together in our reserves team, hopefully with any luck we may see any one of them through good form being considered for selection…

Reckon Moir is probably a fair way off because of fitness but that is ok, our list is good and we have the patience and time. Reckon guys like Mori, Binns, Wilson etc may get a taste against some of the lesser teams if our form is really good. Modern footy is hard, the running requirements are huge. It's generally the natural runners like Hollands and Walsh who impact early, the rest take time.

do we still blood youngsters with a single game just to whet the appetite? is that still a thing?
Hope not. Players like J.Carroll need game time in case they're needed come the 2nd half of the season as a bigger body who's ready to go. The kids should develop in the VFL with how strong our senior core is unless they perform exceptionally.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

do we still blood youngsters with a single game just to whet the appetite? is that still a thing?

Not sure that's ever been a thing. Maybe at the end of a season when we've been out of finals contention like Kemp and Durdin a few years back. In either case won't be happening this year.

If we need them in the team, they get picked. If they are good enough they stay in the team. If not they go out. Sometimes that'll mean a new player gets a run of games. Other times not.

Mcgovern Weitering Docherty
Williams Marchbank Saad

Acres Cripps Hollands
TDK Cerra Walsh

Fantasia Mckay Martin
JSoS Curnow Motlop

Boyd, E Hollands, Kennedy, Hewett

Want Cottrell in but not sure where.

For some games I prefer Owies/Durdin combo vs Motlop/Fantasia

Or our next Alex Fasolo........ Hope not but expectations low for mine.

Fantasia is miles better than Fasolo.

His problem is remaining injury free. Same category as McGovern, Williams, Marchbank, Cuningham.

15 games at the right time of the year and we are in a very good position. A full season would be even better.

Or our next Alex Fasolo........ Hope not but expectations low for mine.
Fasolo was a pretty average footballer to begin with. Don't think he cost us very much and for whatever reason he did not fire a shot for us.
Fantasia has runs on the board. His leg speed and goal sense, make him a very dangerous player. Of course getting his body right, is the big factor.
Really don't know what to expect. At worst, he will play a couple of games or so and have not much effect.
At best, he could put his injury woes behind him. Then go on to be a very valuable member of our side in 24.

So, at his third club and you would think last chance. He seems genuinely excited to be a part of what's going on here.
Even if he struggles to get on the park, he will be a great help to our younger small forwards. Corey and Motts could really benefit from some of his wisdom.

I'm pretty keen to have Kemp in my team, but atm he's behind McGov & Marchbank, so unfortunately there's no room for him :'(

So this is my revised best team, until we see more as the preseason unfolds.

FB: Marchbank, Weitering, Boyd
HB: Williams, McGovern, Saad

C: Acres, Cripps, O Hollands
R: De Koning, Cerra, Walsh

HF: Martin, Curnow, E Hollands
FF: Fantasia, McKay, Motlop

Int: Newman (def), Hewett (inside), Docherty (mid/wing), JSOS (utility)
Sub: C Durdin

Reckon Moir is probably a fair way off because of fitness but that is ok, our list is good and we have the patience and time. Reckon guys like Mori, Binns, Wilson etc may get a taste against some of the lesser teams if our form is really good. Modern footy is hard, the running requirements are huge. It's generally the natural runners like Hollands and Walsh who impact early, the rest take time.
reckon Moir is very much a Jack Martin style player.

Doesn't need to run 15km a game, or have 25 touches to make a major impact.

If Martin can get Moir to play with the same hardness, intensity & ferocity he plays at (and Moir's already a really good size and quick), watch out.

As everyone says, going to be tough to get a spot, especially in the small/mid forward space but don't discount Moir for Rd 1.

If he wants it enough!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back