Prediction 2024 Best 23

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 1 tends to be a running fest with the fitter team winning: with Murphy not currently involved in match sim, I'm betting on them going shorter in defence:

Out Murphy, Frampton and Ginni
In Reef, Schultz and Finn
So Fin for Murphy? LOL

After yesterday’s practice game… rd 1 team will likely be the GF team with

Out: Ginnivan, Murphy

In: Schulz, Lipinski

Frampton to move to defence. Or maybe Dean gets the nod instead

Noble not far off

But saw little chance of others getting selected

Despite some form Fin Macrae needs an injury to break into the midfield imo

And likewise no certainty for mine that Johnson or McInness are included inside 50

It's pretty simple, assuming everyone is fit.

Out: Ginni, Murphy

In: Schultz, McInnes

Frampton goes back to cover Murphy, Lipinski starts and McInnes sub.

Apart from that there's layers to think about that I'm sure the coaches are also pondering.

Macrae banging on the door and comes in for any mid/winger that gets injured. Sullivan looks pretty damn good though, so I'm letting them battle it out for the first few rounds in the VFL and perhaps we give the older mids a rest every 3-4 games so Macrae/Sullivan is basically always in the team, Pendlebury, Sidebottom, Mitchell and borderline Elliott.
Worked wonders for Geelong in 2022 and they dominated the entire year.

Dean next in line for any defender that gets injured and same for Johnson for the forwards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How I think we line up for OR.

B: B.Maynard - D.Moore - I.Quaynor
HB: O.Markov - J.Howe - J.Crisp
C: S.Sidebottom - S.Pendlebury - J.Daicos
HF: L.Schulz - B.Mihocek - B.McCreery
F: B.Hill - R.McInnes - J.Elliott
R: D.Cameron - J.DeGoey - N.Daicos
I: W.Hoskin-Elliott - M.Cox - T.Mitchell - F.Macrae - P.Lipinski

Best 23 Unavailable: D.McStay, N.Murphy
Next up: B.Frampton, J.Noble, A.Johnson
In the mix: L.Sullivan, H.Harrison, N.Kreuger, E.Allan, C.Dean

Last edited:

I: O.Markov - M.Cox - T.Mitchell - F.Macrae - P.Lipinski

You have markov twice.

I: W.Hoskin-Elliott - M.Cox - T.Mitchell - F.Macrae - P.Lipinski

This looks pretty close for me, I still have Murphy in the side but having a hard time who drops out when he gets up for opening round.

This looks pretty close for me, I still have Murphy in the side but having a hard time who drops out when he gets up for opening round.
Not convinced he can play OR
Not playing any practice games and hasnt been in contact work for a month.

Reckon the next practice game will give us a greater indication. At this stage clearly Murphy is unlikely.

If we are going off our Premiership side I would make 2 changes.

Clear one is Schultz for Ginnivan.

With Murphy unlikely, do we push Frampton back? I think he stays in the 23 for versatility especially with Murphy.

Just a guessing game but personal opinion I would have either McInnes or Macrae come in for Murphy and move some magnets around.

Line up:

B - Maynard Moore Quaynor
HB - Markov Howe Crisp
C - J.Daicos DeGoey Sidebottom
HF - McCreery Mihochek Schultz
F - Elliott Cox Hill
R - Cameron N.Daicos Pendlebury
INT - Mitchell Lipinski WHE
Then between the following 3 there is the last spot on the pine plus sub - Frampton/McInnes/Macrae

For Round 0 v GWS, starting with our GF line-up:

OUT - Ginni, Murphy
IN - Schultz, Johnson

Frampton moves to defence to replace Murph. AJ comes in to replace Frampton up forward. He has by far the most credits at AFL level amongst the key forward contenders.

Nobody else has done enough yet to force their way in to our Premiership side. No gifted games when trying to go back-to-back.

The likes of Macrae, McInnes and Noble will need to wait for the inevitable injuries to get their chances and will need to grab them strongly when they come.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:
For Round 0 v GWS, starting with our GF line-up:

OUT - Ginni, Murphy
IN - Schultz, Johnston

Frampton moves to defence to replace Murph. AJ comes in to replace Frampton up forward. He has by far the most credits at AFL level amongst the key forward contenders.

Nobody else has done enough yet to force their way in to our Premiership side. No gifted games when trying to go back-to-back.

The likes of Macrae, McInnes and Noble will need to wait for the inevitable injuries to get their chances and will need to grab them strongly when they come.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Pretty close to the mark

I agree re AJ. He is clearly the most proven at AFL level where he has looked dangerous frequently. Coming off clearly his best pre season and given he looked good in the NM practice match all he needs is to look good in the Richmond game and he is locked in.

Other one that is much closer than it looks is Markov Noble. There was little between them last year and Markov was the lucky one in the end. If JFN outperforms Markov in the Rich game he could get that spot. One of the few GF spots that isnt locked in

It's pretty simple, assuming everyone is fit.

Out: Ginni, Murphy

In: Schultz, McInnes

Frampton goes back to cover Murphy, Lipinski starts and McInnes sub.

Apart from that there's layers to think about that I'm sure the coaches are also pondering.

Macrae banging on the door and comes in for any mid/winger that gets injured. Sullivan looks pretty damn good though, so I'm letting them battle it out for the first few rounds in the VFL and perhaps we give the older mids a rest every 3-4 games so Macrae/Sullivan is basically always in the team, Pendlebury, Sidebottom, Mitchell and borderline Elliott.
Worked wonders for Geelong in 2022 and they dominated the entire year.

Dean next in line for any defender that gets injured and same for Johnson for the forwards.
AJ will get first crack before Reef

Remove this Banner Ad

Back