Draft 2024 BF AFL Fantasy Draft League - Drafts Complete - Let the season begin!

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 18, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers
banner-page-fantasy-draft-png.1591438

Welcome to the 2024 Big Footy AFL Fantasy DRAFT league

We'll put together as many leagues as the number of teams allows

Our 2023 comp had 16 teams running a 4-5-1-4 format with 4 interchange players, so this will be the default, however DRAFT rules are open to discussion & a final determination agreed by majority.

WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW

1. Number of Teams and Format

TBC - determined by the number of teams signed up

2. Draft night

TBC
- likely midweek prior to Opening Round but open to discussion

Prior to official PS Games

1. Everyone will have a Standard Pre-Draft List, which to start with takes the same order as last year's averages (sexy Macrae being pick 1). If you don't make a selection (computer glitch, timed out), then it will automatically select the next available player on your draft list.

2. Everyone will have a maximum of 30 seconds to make a selection ....failing to make a selection within the 30 seconds, the next player on the pre-draft list will be allocated automatically to your pick

3. Once the draft is done, you can sub your players around as you see fit, but if you want to get rid of anyone then you'll have to trade them out and trade in a free agent.

Remember there's a free agent pool, so once the draft is done, people can ship off the Paddy Dows Elliot Yeos of the world and reshuffle their team a bit.

OTHER COMMENTS

A.
IMO*, if you don't get one of the top top rucks Jack Macrae, you may as well wait until later in the draft and grab someone like Draper forwards late. There will still be plenty of good mids (etc.) available - more important to grab those.

B. For draft you need to adopt a different mindset to Fantasy Classic. Forget about the speccy players, or grab only one or two of them (and if you do, get them late!). Better to have a solid team crunching out 80s for 22 rounds rather than hoping rookies get a game or someone goes from 50 --> 90 and failing, then being left trying to replace them from the free agent pool.

C. If you have a floating bench, you don't want to be carrying spuds as you'll just cop their sh!te score each week where you need an emergency. It's better to have 2 reasonable players and a couple of non-playing rookies or injured players (who will come back later in the year) provided that you don't run out of players... however, Covid depletions could hurt adopting this tactic.

3. NO Captains

4. NO Opening Round / Round 0
- if the draft happens before Opening Round it'll simply be to free up time for people to devote their time to their Round 1 teams

5. Random Order Generator

1638945877984-png.1294234

Subsequent Draft selections by way of "Snake" order

1638946858390-png.1294241

*OP shamelessly stolen from TedDougChris

WaynesWorld19

Players

1. Jeremias
2. Barrybran
3. kaisasosai
4. Mostyn
5. Constantgin
6. weltschmerz
7. Phar Ace
8. Joao
9. Black Hawk
10. GameofSloanes
11. ForeverHardcore
12. CGB_84
13. antler
14. fallovertheline
15. Dreamcatcher
16. d4n
17. Briar Gold
18. Jesse G
19. Bennellongtime
20. rebel
21. mfcmac
22. stallon
23. Areyoufireal

Last edited:

Also, if anyone (like Jeremias) wants to RUN the draft league, please let myself or WaynesWorld19 know. I'm happy to do it because Wayne told me to so we have a league but if anyone wants to have a crack they are more than welcome to.
If we run 2 x leagues ...we'll need two commissioners

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also, if anyone (like Jeremias) wants to RUN the draft league, please let myself or WaynesWorld19 know. I'm happy to do it because Wayne told me to so we have a league but if anyone wants to have a crack they are more than welcome to.

Happy to run a league.

Can we start the draft already
Yeah, opening the game way too early these days. The should change the name from Fantasy to Vacillation.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back