2024 Brownlow Medal Predictions?

Remove this Banner Ad

If teams can't work out how to take Daicos out of a game then it's probably his. He's absolutely worth tagging out of a game so I can only imagine every team will try to do this (moreso than last year where teams did a tag, then let him loose to their regret no doubt).

The market without Daicos I think Gulden is capable of winning it.

Regardless, the whole competition will want to win it this year as it's a pretty open secret that Jake Soligo is winning it every year from 2025 to end of his career.

GAJ was untaggable. Daicos is anything but. Few taggable mids have ever won the brownlow.

If he plays more mid he will get more attention.
There are so few genuinely untaggable mids.

GAJ is really the only one. Most of the others output can be limited by a hard tag teams just don’t really apply it because they back their structures in.

Daicos gets tagged as he’s so destructive if left alone but can be quietened massively. Once he reduces that down teams won’t tag him nearly as hard as they will next year.

Is Liam Anthony eligible

Umpires seem to like Daicos a fair bit. He looks flashy. Will be a multiple Brownlow medalist. It's how it goes.
Daicos is more like GAJ in regards to votes. Has to put in a top performance to get votes and probably received a few less votes than he should have.

Not in the Judd, Neale, JHF or Woewodin category for getting votes from very average games.

Im going to put a few dollars on Shai Bolton @ $101. I expect/hope he'll play more midfield this year with Dusty predominantly forward. In a new midfield system that will hopefully finally focus on winning the ball at the source as a priority, rather than winning it back post clearance I can see Bolton polling quite well. He is the sort of player that demands your attention when he's playing well plus he does all the things umpires like when doing their votes - can find plenty of the ball, wins contested possessions, kicks goals, takes marks etc. Plus he's flashy, can take a hanger and do freaky things which can only help. Taranto, Hopper and Prestia (and likely Baker this year) are all good 2 way runners which would allow Bolton to get ahead of the ball more often, like Dusty used to in his prime. Obviously the team will have to win quite a few games too.

At worst I expect to make a few bucks with a cash out when he comes in to at least $20 if things pan out as I hope.
Something funny Fadge ??

Hilarious.

I've got as much chance of winning a Brownlow as Bolton has.

0%
Well it's not 0%, that's just plain wrong. He's been top 30 the last 2 seasons playing predominantly forward and polled better last year even though his 2022 All Australian season was much better and the team was much worse, so the umpires like him. Moving into a more midfield heavy role should only increase the likelihood of votes.

Anyway, as I said I don't really expect him to win it but I do expect his odds to shorten by a long way and if you don't mind a punt he's great value, especially if you're happy to cash out :thumbsu:

Hilarious.

I've got as much chance of winning a Brownlow as Bolton has.

0%

What a coincidence it’s the same with me in regards to having the same amount of flags as Buckley and captaining the same amount of flags as Pendles.

Well it's not 0%, that's just plain wrong. He's been top 30 the last 2 seasons playing predominantly forward and polled better last year even though his 2022 All Australian season was much better and the team was much worse, so the umpires like him. Moving into a more midfield heavy role should only increase the likelihood of votes.

Anyway, as I said I don't really expect him to win it but I do expect his odds to shorten by a long way and if you don't mind a punt he's great value, especially if you're happy to cash out :thumbsu:
Toby Greene was 10th favourite for the Brownlow at $151 just before the 2023 count.

Bolton ain't getting within a bull's roar of 30 votes in an average Richmond team.

Naicos
Bont
Butters
Gulden
Neale
Cripps
Walsh
Petracca
Green

He's not getting within a bull's roar of these players in teams that are looking to contend in 2024.

Toby Greene was 10th favourite for the Brownlow at $151 just before the 2023 count.

Bolton ain't getting within a bull's roar of 30 votes in an average Richmond team.

Naicos
Bont
Butters
Gulden
Neale
Cripps
Walsh
Petracca
Green

He's not getting within a bull's roar of these players in teams that are looking to contend in 2024.
What's is your point? Toby Greene also doesn't play midfield (which is the position every winner since the early 90s has played) as I expect Bolton to.

We'll see.

What's is your point? Toby Greene also doesn't play midfield (which is the position every winner since the early 90s has played) as I expect Bolton to.

We'll see.
It was a reference to the odds you're getting for Bolton now, and the likelihood of those odds reducing (let alone him being a legitimate chance for the award).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tom Green will win it. The guy is an absolute bull

I'm of the opinion that Daicos' numbers will actually slide when he moves into the midfield more.

Hes not the big frame or the tackling machine we see in other mids, and to be honest, the loose off half back role is by far the easiest position to play. Looks at Sheezel for a prime example. Harley Reid will also play there this season.

He is not only competing with his opponents, but other collingwood mids who need their midfield time as well.

I wouldnt be surprised at all to see him drop away this year, but then win one in the next couple of years as he adjusts to playing in the middle for the majority of games.

I'm of the opinion that Daicos' numbers will actually slide when he moves into the midfield more.

Hes not the big frame or the tackling machine we see in other mids, and to be honest, the loose off half back role is by far the easiest position to play. Looks at Sheezel for a prime example. Harley Reid will also play there this season.

He is not only competing with his opponents, but other collingwood mids who need their midfield time as well.

I wouldnt be surprised at all to see him drop away this year, but then win one in the next couple of years as he adjusts to playing in the middle for the majority of games.
Daicos made the switch to full time midfield following Collingwood’s bye and polled 3 votes in each of his first four games. His tackling numbers were 5, 10, 6 and 4. He averaged 34.5 disposals and kicked 6 goals in those four games. It was the best footy he played all season.

I would like to see the odds of a suspended player to win, with the tackling suspensions the chances have rose I think.

Who was the last? Chris Grant or Mckernan are the only ones I remember.

Zach Merrett was the highest polling player suspended last year?

Noah Anderson having touk back in could be a big chance. Serong has been on the rise every season and is a magnet polled well with a bad win loss as well.

Daicos is the standout favourite though I feel like him Bont and trac deserve one.

I would like to see the odds of a suspended player to win, with the tackling suspensions the chances have rose I think.

Who was the last? Chris Grant or Mckernan are the only ones I remember.

Zach Merrett was the highest polling player suspended last year?
Am I misremembering or did Danger almost win in 2017 but copped a suspension
Potentially could of scored the same amount of points as Dusty I think

I know that’s not quite what you meant but similar

Remove this Banner Ad

Back