2024 Brownlow Medal Predictions?

Remove this Banner Ad

Am I misremembering or did Danger almost win in 2017 but copped a suspension
Potentially could of scored the same amount of points as Dusty I think

I know that’s not quite what you meant but similar
There was some interesting voting with Danger that year where he under polled for how well he played. Probably due to winning it the year before.

The worst was the round 22 game against the pies where he was best on but got no votes at all.

Would have tied with Dusty had he got the 3 there.

There was some interesting voting with Danger that year where he under polled for how well he played. Probably due to winning it the year before.

The worst was the round 22 game against the pies where he was best on but got no votes at all.

Would have tied with Dusty had he got the 3 there.
Yeah Dusty gets all the attention when looking back at that particular season… understandably as well but easy to forget how good Danger actually was as well

Yeah Dusty gets all the attention when looking back at that particular season… understandably as well but easy to forget how good Danger actually was as well

That is a very noble statement by a tigers supporter! Both had great seasons.

Looking at the 3rd and 4th Tom Mitchell and Josh Kennedy that’s funny both father sons at Sydney and Hawks clubs traded to the Hawks and Swans.
Also buddy 5th traded between the two as well.

He did that this year and Lachie swooped with a BOG 12 possession effort
Embarrassing effort from the campaignerpires.
Reminds me of Swan being ripped off in 2010 so Juddy could get another medal. AFL righted that wrong the year after.

Gulden should have been second or tied first forget the Daicos cry. 42 and 2 would have brought him to 29 votes equal first with Bont. Neale with the 2 or 1 maybe tied as well.
Yeah Gulden is an absolute gun. Hope he wins one. Now that he’s had his “recognition“ year he’ll poll even better

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Rozee is the type of player that could have huge votes as well, he is in my top 5 favourite players in the league.
Only issue is having Butters who might “steal” votes off him but it’s not like we haven’t seen two players from the same club both poll well either

Really feels like we will be seeing a changing of the guard over the next few years with this new younger crop of players entering prime years

Good to see some different names as legitimate contenders

Only issue is having Butters who might “steal” votes off him but it’s not like we haven’t seen two players from the same club both poll well either

Really feels like we will be seeing a changing of the guard over the next few years with this new younger crop of players entering prime years

Good to see some different names as legitimate contenders
Yeah it’s so hard to say your top 5 favourite of the next crop right now so many to choose from.
Green Gulden Butters Rozee Walsh Brayshaw Serong Daicos Newcombe JHF too many too choose from.

Those great eras have had multiple Brownlow medalists as well. Black Akermanis. Ablett Bartel. Cousins Judd.

Not Daicos or Bont. When teams actually, yet rarely put effort into Daicos, he was quieter. Will cop a lot more tags this year. Bont has had two massive years in the past, that were followed by slightly quieter ones. And I don't trust the Dogs to win enough games, or a few team mates will steal votes. Would love to see him win one, but feel he will be one who won't get there.

Gulden and Petracca are my two early favorites. The later if Oliver misses some time, will become the main focal point in the midfield. I like Gulden the most for some reason, Swans will be a hard team to play on, and he made himself noticed by the umpires last season. Anderson could be a smokey. Blues duo will be up there providing one or the other doesn't miss heaps of time with injury. Reckon someone from GWS will poll well this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back