Opinion 2024 captain

who should captain Richmond in 2024

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Baker is great, and has captain qualities. What worries me, is that in a year or two, the pace of the game will go past him and he will struggle to be in the best 18
thats alright

newy played 5 years past his use by date cos he was captain

Taranto will be captain no doubt in my mind. Maybe not 2024 but definitely 2025 onwards. Lynch should have got the captaincy. Dual captains doesn’t work and was only implemented because of a lack of an obvious standout replacement for Cotch.
Good player doesn't mean good captain. We don't know what he's like as a guy and as a leader, only the players and coaches will know that. From the outside looking in I don't see Taranto as captain material, doesn't seem to have much of a leader's presence, just speculating of course.

If Jack Ross was more ensconced in the team and played in the centre I'd be starting to consider him, he has a good head on him and speaks well. I'd be gearing him up for a big preseason and a return to the centre, and the captaincy. Get him to get down and dirty and give us some real grunt through the centre.

Means absolutely nothing if he shows leadership , leads by example and drives standards and a culture no issue.

The club got it wrong with 2 captains Grimes and Nank. They we're never captain material and I don’t care what the players voted.Poor decision.
They went with both as combined they have the makings of one good captain.
I think the problem was there was no one else ready to step up at the time.
Now we still have a bit of a capable captain issue. I get the love for Baker as an on field leader, but he is the same as Nank, doesn’t seem to have the off field assets to make him a great captain.
I think Short might be the best in the right kind of age group.
I would say too soon to hand the captaincy to Taranto, so if not short we may stick with the status quo for now. See how things develop over the next 22 months.

I'd be happy for Taranto, short or Baker to be captain.

Just no co captains anymore.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A massive error by the club. We’ve made a few lately.

Never should we have had dual captains and never should have been Grimes or Nank.

Lynch was the obvious and best choice and they fluffed it. Totally fluffed it.

Give it to Lynch now. Taranto as VC and Short as Deputy.
Lynch doesn't play enough to be captain give it to Baker

Back