Opinion 2024 captain

who should captain Richmond in 2024

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Just pull a brisbane where half the ******* team is in the leadership group

Two captains was a stuff up,

We should go with three!

Jack Graham, K-Mac & Pickett

I used to love our setup of Captain Cotch in the middle, supported by 2 vice captains in Rance in defence and Jack up forward. Would love to see us do something similar.
Taranto (C), Vlaustin and Lynch (VC).
Short and Bakes are both great vice captain options as well. Rioli is growing into a leader quickly too.
absolutely delighted, but hard to comprehend, how it all came together for those magic years after those 3 boys

those VERY early years were shakey as Cotch being a 30+ outside stat accumalator, Ranch stumbling around baby giraffe syle and Jack sooking it up and being often selfish.

absolutely delighted, but hard to comprehend, how it all came together for those magic years after those 3 boys

those VERY early years were shakey as Cotch being a 30+ outside stat accumalator, Ranch stumbling around baby giraffe syle and Jack sooking it up and being often selfish.
Ahead of his time - would've a couple more Brownlows these days...:$

Ahead of his time - would've a couple more Brownlows these days...:$
yeah probably, but we wouldn't have won as many flags as who would have done the cotchin attack on the oppo and footy and relentless grunt work??...... Jack Graham early days was ok but it soon was obvious he was just a handy role player.

I'm not a fan of Co-Captains but would love to see either combo of Dusty/ Shorty or Dusty/ Taranto over the next 2 years. It's the only honour that's eluded Dusty and with someone else taking the lion's share of the media nonsense, the role wouldn't effect his game one bit.

Realistically Grimes should only get a game because of injuries/ suspension and Nanks crash/bash will end his career sooner than later. I can easily see Dusty playing til 2026 potentially 2027. By then Olivia Dunne and Alicia Schmidt should've produced the great man 4 sons well on their way to 6 or 7 each. Best to cluster them together of course. Is it too soon to back us in to go undefeated 2046-2056? Should set us apart from the pack with our 30th flag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

certainly, not Taranto!

Baker would be good, I still think we are missing someone as captain.

Lynch not enough game time.
Dusty is probably not interested. But id love him as captain.

Baker and Vlastuin are both too undisciplined to be Captain.

Both give away too many BS 50 m penalties and frees without care.

Both would need an attitude adjustment in regard to on field discipline.

Would love the club to tick 'dual captains' off the 'try it once' list and move on to a single captain. I like Baker or possibly Taranto.

I think Jack Graham has lots of good footy ahead of him and a leadership/captaincy role would bring out his best.

Taranto is the obvious choice for mine.
When he had the heat on him from the media early in the season and when we as a team were playing poorly, he showed up week in, week out and was our best player through those times.
That speaks to leadership and strong mental fortitude.

I dont care if he has only been here a year, he is the best option.

When he had the heat on him from the media early in the season and when we as a team were playing poorly, he showed up week in, week out and was our best player through those times.

feel the same

impressive under maximum scrutiny

Him or Lynch, age is the only thing against Lynch.

Lynch also has a bit of campaigner about him which I like as a leader

Him or Lynch, age is the only thing against Lynch.

Lynch also has a bit of campaigner about him which I like as a leader
I wouldn't be upset if it was big sexy but needs to stay healthy.

let Taranto just play footy - he has enough pressure on him already with Cornes constantly attacking him making it a very public pressure.

one that hasnt been mentioned but he reminds me of Kane Johnson the way he plays is Hopper. Inside, and has a toughness about him when fit and firing

AFL hate us already....where in the rules of club captaincy does it say the captain has to do more media than any other listed player?....

make dusty catain now and he can do 1 x 60 second interview or media snippet a week....

shorty and bakes love a gibber gabber, so let them and adem address the press as our main reps and groom balta, rioli, graham and co into more of the behind the microphone and camera sideshow for the clickbaiters.....

stuff the afl. dusty is the man. make it happen adem, balme and benny.

seriously if dusty puts his hand up, it will be unanimous among the playing group too.

Back