Opinion 2024 captain

who should captain Richmond in 2024

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Give it to ummmmmmm big sexy or I don't know Jack Ross.

Better than nank and Grimes

Dusty is the talisman, but I don't think he wants to be the frontman of the paying group. That's a big part of the captaincy, it's not just the media, it's the representative of our players in the AFL circles.

He can still be the leadership presence on the track and field if he has that skill, but it doesn't need a title.

IMO Baker, Vlastuin, Lynch, Taranto even Prestia at a stretch are all better options for the role.

Bottom line is that it's noy that easy to replace Cotchin as captain.
I think it should be Nank , Short or Dan Rioli. Baker and Vlaustin aren't well spoken enough.
Baker did a heap of our press this year instead of our Captains and handled it really well. Dan Rioli the raconteur, must've missed that...

Nothing like Cotchin. The tenacity in the game, his ferocity in tackles, his presence when he walks, his confidence in his speech. No one nearly is as perfect as Captain Cotchin out of the current candidates. I feel like Hopper is well spoken and possesses presence as a leader but needs to lift on the field, but nonetheless could be a viable candidate.

You think the club will abandon the dual captains this year?

for the love I hope they do

dual captains hasn’t worked…just go with a player that the squad looks up to and will follow instinctively

dusty, Timmy T bakes all in the mix
Lunch would be awesome as well but I’m worried he might not get on the park for some time in 2024
Vlas is worth considering but is a bit of a loose cannon

0_Birds-Eye-new-advertising-campaign.jpg

Back