Coach 2024 Coaching

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anyone else find it strange that someone we brought in for fitness is now the head of football.
Totally.
Would love to know if we looked for someone else or just gave it to him.
Seems doubtful.

Jobs for the mates really in full swing now.
Will we now look for another fitness guy?

Actually not sure what the head of football does. Keep RTB in check? Good luck with that.

Actually not sure what the head of football does. Keep RTB in check? Good luck with that.

Have to say, this is the worrying thing for me. Think Bassat needs to explain how giving this job to Lyon's sidekick is good for the club. What qualifies Misson for this position? If it's just that Lyon insisted, then we potentially have a problem.

If its that no better genuine candidates were forthcoming, or couldn't be persuaded, that's something else.

I was a lot happier before Geoff Walsh - the original DOF we brought in with Lyon - left with "family issues "

Last edited:

Totally.

Seems doubtful.

Such a shame Geoff Walsh had to leave. One of the best in the business. Would have put us in a very strong position off field to have him alongside Ross. Maybe Misson is the best candidate out there but given it's another major hire that's gone to a mate, it's a bit questionable.

I think the fitness guy brought in midseason is it. Misson's original role was created for him and we went all season without a replacement.

This fella must be an uber-flog to get no interest from clubs. I don't see why we wouldn't get him to come down and straighten a few boys up, although that wasn't the consistent weakness this year that it had been in previous years.

Seems a bit off.

He comes across as very vain and abrasive. I can imagine that clubs find him a disruption.

He comes across as very vain and abrasive. I can imagine that clubs find him a disruption.
Heard him on the radio yesterday.
The way he talks , he'd want to be able to deliver.
If he's able to deliver , its probably worth it.

I wouldn't go signing any long contracts.

I reckon Ross might struggle to get many games next year. Dow coming in would mean he's the one mid he probably pushes out as that inside outside mid and his body started to go this season.
Seb’s good enough for a minor bench role but it’s time we had alternatives to him and Crouch…midfield rotation options are vital

Totally.

Seems doubtful.

I doubt the boss needs a baby sitter, one thing that’s changed with him is the ability to delegate..that was his main issue in the past.

Seb’s good enough for a minor bench role but it’s time we had alternatives to him and Crouch…midfield rotation options are vital

That's why you draft mids, and eventually, even if they are nothing special, players like Byrnes and Hotton will replace Seb.
Crouch is different , he's an extractor. Probably one of our most important players in 2023.
Maybe Dow can be as good as Crouch one day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Speaking of coaching. Saw Mitch Owens with Caminiti, Steele and some other guys doing 400m running drills and Olympic Park yesterday. Owens spaced them on the runs each time. Looks ready to go to another level. Caminiti pulled up injured, nothing serious, but went home early.

That's why you draft mids, and eventually, even if they are nothing special, players like Byrnes and Hotton will replace Seb.
Crouch is different , he's an extractor. Probably one of our most important players in 2023.
Maybe Dow can be as good as Crouch one day.
I’m hoping Dow will be our most important mid next year…his pace out of stoppage & quick hands give us something a bit different..he’s also a good clearance player!

A bit of a surprise here to see Hayes and Goddard swap roles. Feels like a demotion for Lenny.

Lyon must rate Goddard to put him in that position, when it's our area that needs the most improvement.

View attachment 1862213
Perhaps it’s just a better fit for both of them. Hopefully. Also, love having Harvey at the club, but still not sold on him as a forward coach. But hey, I know SFA.

Id rather banger and bj swap roles but mehh whatevs

I like Goddard as a coach though. He's got the intensity and manner that should work well. He'd be a good bad cop to the new nice Ross.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back