2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree, hopefully having Dalrymple will pay dividends. I think Touce was an improvement, but it’s hard to see which picks he nailed outside of Windy and Chito who were academy graduates. Sydney getting Warner, Gulden, etc as later picks says SD knows what he’s doing.

I really rate his later picks. Guys like Hotton, Keeler, Garcia, Hastie etc look really good. Even Van Es is a good prospect. When you don’t want to lose many of the developing kids you are getting a lot right.

I really rate his later picks. Guys like Hotton, Keeler, Garcia, Hastie etc look really good. Even Van Es is a good prospect. When you don’t want to lose many of the developing kids you are getting a lot right.

Totally agree, I dont know what went on with Toce' but he was best talent spotter our club had ever had IMO. Dalrymple has some big shoes to fill, I hope the club hasnt made the wrong call. There is no doubt he has been at clubs where good list have evolved, but both those clubs have had leg ups that the Saints will never have.

He was the one who pushed for Wilkie too right?

And Sharman, who would be considered a success by midseason draft standards,

I know we have a list spot open and therefore we have a pick, but has the club actually confirmed we will use that pick.

I think he's more of a high half forward than a mid but he gets really good numbers in the VFL.

I'd rather Dominic Brew or an inside ball winner personally but Hall sounds like he might have been one the Hawks were looking at bringing up into their senior side. If he's half as good as Newcombe I'd be happy.

Cody Anderson looks like then player we want and Sam Lalor also a pretty handy inside mid. Ideally Jagga Smith with our first and Anderson with our second rounder.
My thoughts also.
I called Anderson months ago so hands off gringo.
Botts boy at the Stingrays after that looks good too.
Then Cole and Peckett if they're worth a spot.
Then a Zebra makes 6.
I think that's about right.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So I’ve been reading up on the draft years of max hall and I’m pretty impressed. If we are after a mid, he might be it

Mid season draft
I hope we take one from the SANFL. Kobe Ryan young 20 year old mid for West Adelaide starting to rack up good numbers.

A controversial one that could be worth a look at is ex-Crow James Rowe. Squeezed out by Rankine and Rachele his form in the SANFL has been solid. Clever player who knows where the goals are. This would be his last crack at it so I reckon he throws everything at it. Wouldn’t be a bad example for our other smalls. Plugs a gap as a small forward whilst Collard/Hotton develop over the next 18 months and Butler struggles to stay on the park.

he playes the HHF role when box hill have the younger mids playing and seems to get goals, then moves into the mids when theyre not and racks it up
I’m just reading up on his numbers and position as a junior. I think his time at box hill has just been play where needed and the hawks would but time in the middle to develop there own mids. But most his time for eastern were as a mid and they read as good as Jake soligos.

I’m just reading up on his numbers and position as a junior. I think his time at box hill has just been play where needed and the hawks would but time in the middle to develop there own mids. But most his time for eastern were as a mid and they read as good as Jake soligos.
Max Hall Came runners up to soligo at Eastern Ranges
Just needs opportunity
Could be as good as Soligo if given chance
Clean hands
Always hits a target
Runs all day

Remove this Banner Ad

Back