List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Read between the lines. People screenshotting his stats at quarter time of a praccy game as a way to pot shot him. But even if that's your style, screenshot the end of the game stats too then. Have some balance.

Regarding anything I've said in matchday threads when I'm raging I'd take it with a grain of salt. I think we can all understand that. That said, regarding the 'dumb as a doorknob' comment I stand by the fact that we have too many low footy iq players in our best 22. Jake Lever leading the way. And I've been consistent on this for years.
If you want people to cut you slack for rage commenting, then you need to cut people slack for rage posting stats

Regardless of whether we should or shouldn't trade both((I don't think we should trade either, especially Petty), what have we currently got in the shed?

From memory we traded a future 2nd rounder to Adelaide but we have Sydney's 2nd rounder and Doggies & saints future 3rd.

So, unless we fall in a heap not much

I agree with you about keeping both players

Media last year dees have made a mistake recruiting Grundy. Now we have regrets trading him.
If anything us recruiting him was the biggest free hit ever. We had a crack, didn't work out and got a complete refund.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let's not get carried away with one game. Yeah Grundy outworked Gawn, but he did butcher the ball a lot by foot. Felt like every kick was a turnover. I would want to see more than 1 game before calling it a regret. Even though he wanted out anyway.

Media last year dees have made a mistake recruiting Grundy. Now we have regrets trading him.
David King pulled Kornes up for this on Friday

Said you can't say that having the two of them in the same team doesn't work and then 6 months later kill them for letting one go

David King pulled Kornes up for this on Friday

Said you can't say that having the two of them in the same team doesn't work and then 6 months later kill them for letting one go
I listened to Kane's argument, basically saying we should have kept Grundy playing at Casey as a backup ruckman in 2024 and beyond on 750k. And David King said "is that the best use of cap dollars?" and Kane said "probably not, but you need a backup ruckman!" ... was ******* mental.

YOUNG DEE TO EXTEND

MELBOURNE looks set to lock in young tall Jed Adams to a contract extension.

Adams, who was the Dees' second pick at the 2022 national draft, is a developing key defender. His initial two-year deal is due to expire this season but the Demons are in discussions on a two-year extension with agent Tom Seccull, from Hemisphere Management Group.

The 19-year-old, who was picked from Peel Thunder in the WAFL, spent his first season at the Demons playing with Casey in the VFL.

He is viewed as a versatile tall who could play at either end of the ground but has been largely settled in the back half.

Adams joined the Demons alongside tall forward Matt Jefferson, who was the club's No.15 pick that season.

YOUNG DEE TO EXTEND

MELBOURNE looks set to lock in young tall Jed Adams to a contract extension.

Adams, who was the Dees' second pick at the 2022 national draft, is a developing key defender. His initial two-year deal is due to expire this season but the Demons are in discussions on a two-year extension with agent Tom Seccull, from Hemisphere Management Group.

The 19-year-old, who was picked from Peel Thunder in the WAFL, spent his first season at the Demons playing with Casey in the VFL.

He is viewed as a versatile tall who could play at either end of the ground but has been largely settled in the back half.

Adams joined the Demons alongside tall forward Matt Jefferson, who was the club's No.15 pick that season.

Fingers crossed this guy can start to develop. We need him to. No pressure Jed

The only things regrettable about the Grundy saga was trading for him in the first place instead of targeting a need and wasting time trying to make it work. Slamming us for letting him go is just clickbait that doesn't hold up to any scrutiny as far as I'm concerned.
Eh, was basically a free hit. It didn't work and we moved him on.

The only things regrettable about the Grundy saga was trading for him in the first place instead of targeting a need and wasting time trying to make it work. Slamming us for letting him go is just clickbait that doesn't hold up to any scrutiny as far as I'm concerned.

The other thing is, we will quite likely get more back in total trade value than what we paid for him. Plus, Gawn got injured early so Grundy was very much needed.

Eh, was basically a free hit. It didn't work and we moved him on.

I disagree.

Not to go #fullDanster but I was against his recruitment from the word go. Made no sense that they both couldn't play forward and thrived as solo rucks.

Couldn't believe we put the $$$ into recruiting a veteran ruck when we needed KPF or an outside mid.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back