List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I disagree.

Not to go #fullDanster but I was against his recruitment from the word go. Made no sense that they both couldn't play forward and thrived as solo rucks.

Couldn't believe we put the $$$ into recruiting a veteran ruck when we needed KPF or an outside mid.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

As others pointed out I don't think there was much out there, and he was needed while Gawn was out injured. He didn't cost much in terms of dollars or a pick. It didn’t work out the way they wanted, and they moved him on without needing to contribute to his salary. It's just something not to dwell upon imo, a blimp compared to some of our previous poor recruiting.

Going to have a crack..

Out: Bowey, Spargo, Schache, Laurie, Tomlinson

In: Kozzie, Woewodin, Hore, Brown, McDonald

My thinking is they've brought in Hore to replace Bowey, McDonald to replace Tommo, Brown to replace Schache and getting Woewodin as a full time mid to cover off on Salem who'll go back to a half back.

Happy dayz
Wrong thread.

Reporters on Half time stating that the Crows are very confident in Petty being at the club next year.
Saw that. They fully expect him to be in a Crows jersey in 2025. Our key position stocks will be as bad as I can remember if that happens. Surely the club is working on something..

Tommo - can't keep a senior spot. Slowing down horribly
TMac - retired end of year
Brown - retired end of year
Schache - useless
May - will be 33 and slowing down
Lever - looks totally out of sorts
Adams - Young but looks far from it
Jefferson - young but looks far from it
JVR - looks like he's cemented a senior spot

Have I missed anyone? It's a horrible read.

Saw that. They fully expect him to be in a Crows jersey in 2025. Our key position stocks will be as bad as I can remember if that happens. Surely the club is working on something..

Tommo - can't keep a senior spot. Slowing down horribly
TMac - retired end of year
Brown - retired end of year
Schache - useless
May - will be 33 and slowing down
Lever - looks totally out of sorts
Adams - Young but looks far from it
Jefferson - young but looks far from it
JVR - looks like he's cemented a senior spot

Have I missed anyone? It's a horrible read.

It is a horrific list! We also have Smith (likely never to play again) and Fullarton (could be good or terrible, who knows).

I mean reality is crows need to offer something reasonable or he walks 2025 and we take the compo. Only way we budge from that is if we line up a replacement, but I can’t see any on the market.
We should be tapping up every single Vic, NSW or Qsld player worthwhile on their list

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We should but convincing an under contract player to move club takes a ton of work if they’re any good. Petty is worth more to Melbourne than he would be to any other club, we have to play hardball or we are stuffed long term.
Lol trust me I know. Moving players is hard as * but if they are going after Petty we should be looking to shake something in return

We should but convincing an under contract player to move club takes a ton of work if they’re any good. Petty is worth more to Melbourne than he would be to any other club, we have to play hardball or we are stuffed long term.

We are already stuffed long terms. Rip the bandaid off, trade Petty and get on with the rebuild.

If Petty is so desperate to get home then why on earth would you sign a long term contract as he did.

Bizarre stuff.
Cause you can just walk to another club being home sick and it's guaranteed money now especially in the concussion era.

If Petty is so desperate to get home then why on earth would you sign a long term contract as he did.

Bizarre stuff.
Pretty sure he would have been high on the premiership and with covid still around, he probably thought 4 years was ok. Figured he'd win another one with the Dees in that time too. There's no way we let him go for a s* trade. Happy to keep him until the end of next season if the Crows don't cough up. We have zero key tall depth.

We are already stuffed long terms. Rip the bandaid off, trade Petty and get on with the rebuild.
Why bother trading him if the Crows aren't gonna compensate us properly?

Why bother trading him if the Crows aren't gonna compensate us properly?

What do you think is fair compensation?

A mid first round pick seemed fair to me. If you were offered that for any other player that had only played two good games in three years you would be biting their hand off.

A mid first round pick seemed fair to me. If you were offered that for any other player that had only played two good games in three years you would be biting their hand off.
Which is exactly what we will get in free agency compo anyway, potentially less so there's no need to give him away for that. Adelaide can chuck in a second rounder or something aswell if they want him

That pick would have been pushed back to a late first rounder, but he was under contract and there's a premium on key position players. Ben Mckay is crap and demanded first round compo, which we'd get anyway with two more years of service on top. The pick would likely be better than what the crows offered depending on how far we fall, it isn't then we're still playing finals anyway and we'd be vindicated in keeping him anyway.

The incentive to keep him is higher than the incentive to let him go off that offer.

Which is exactly what we will get in free agency compo anyway, potentially less so there's no need to give him away for that. Adelaide can chuck in a second rounder or something aswell if they want him

The compensation system comes under scrutiny every year after the trade period. It might be get completely re-worked to our detriment or scrapped entirely.

Sometimes it is just better to take the offer in front of you. It is not as if Adelaide low balled us.

The compensation system comes under scrutiny every year after the trade period. It might be get completely re-worked to our detriment or scrapped entirely.

Sometimes it is just better to take the offer in front of you. It is not as if Adelaide low balled us.
Yeah nah
AFL ain't just gonna scrap it right before the trade period

Remove this Banner Ad

Back