List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

"Its always been about him being back in SA"... Crows could offer him less than they were if thats the case. If you think we are a chance of keeping him it cant be all about being in SA.
I honestly think he does want to go.

This is based on my extrapolation of a Max Gawn story. If I recall Petty was a player we left behind when the hubs first happened in 2020 and he felt rejected and lonely and didn’t feel as though anyone was making much effort to connect. And he’s a country boy I think (?) with strong family loyalty. I think he might just want to go home

This is based on my extrapolation of a Max Gawn story. If I recall Petty was a player we left behind when the hubs first happened in 2020 and he felt rejected and lonely and didn’t feel as though anyone was making much effort to connect. And he’s a country boy I think (?) with strong family loyalty. I think he might just want to go home
Strange of him to sign a 4 year deal in 2021 if thats the case.

Strange of him to sign a 4 year deal in 2021 if thats the case.
Yes. My abstract fantasy here totally hinges on him being strange.

I have no idea what he wants to do, but I have this strong feeling that plan b stuff should be activated now.

Not surprised he is soft, dude was literally bawling his eyes out because Zorko said 'hope ya mum dies' after they were going ham on Zorkos private life all game.

He all but said he wanted to go last year unfortunately, so it’s going to happen.

There was a report that Melbourne are confident they can convince Petty to commit. However I can’t recall where this was. And several others have gone with he’ll be requesting a trade.

We may as well death ride Adelaide as there first will likely be in the conversation if Petty goes.

They are 0-3 right now so a top 5 pick could be on the cards

We may as well death ride Adelaide as there first will likely be in the conversation if Petty goes.

If they have a pick that low they'll ask for our first back as well. We ain't getting a top 5 pick for petty

This is where Adelaide need to weigh it all up whether going after Petty really is worth it.

They'll get a top 10 pick based on current form, and there's a top 5 prospect from SA in the draft by the name of Sid Draper who is an absolute jet and exactly what they need in terms of an inside midfielder who you could build a team around.

People asking for two first round picks for Petty are delusional.

Unfortunately Petty is more valuable to us than he would be to most clubs given our thin and aging key position stocks at both ends. We'll get a decent deal if he goes I'm sure but it's not like he's an A grade talent that demands a mega deal. We must do what we can to try to keep him and/or go hard at other key positon players around the league.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is where Adelaide need to weigh it all up whether going after Petty really is worth it.

They'll get a top 10 pick based on current form, and there's a top 5 prospect from SA in the draft by the name of Sid Draper who is an absolute jet and exactly what they need in terms of an inside midfielder who you could build a team around.

I know. But wouldn't that be such a heist.

They’ve got a good F/S coming through too in Welsh, I actually can’t see a deal get done this year. Crows pick will be too good to trade for Petty so we won’t entertain a deal.

They’ve got a good F/S coming through too in Welsh, I actually can’t see a deal get done this year. Crows pick will be too good to trade for Petty so we won’t entertain a deal.
I watched Welsh play for SA last year as a bottom age player where he lined up at full forward and he kicked 5 against Vic Country..

A genuine top 15 prospect if his trajectory of form continues this year.

I don't see how Adelaide can cough up a first round pick for Petty.

I watched Welsh play for SA last year as a bottom age player where he lined up at full forward and he kicked 5 against Vic Country..

A genuine top 15 prospect if his trajectory of form continues this year.

I don't see how Adelaide can cough up a first round pick for Petty.

About the only way I could actually see this happening is if the stars all aligned perfectly and we had a situation where Crows finish around 11th/12th, we finish around 4th/5th and Welsh is rated as a top 5 pick.

Then we could offer Petty, and our first this year for Crows first this year and next. Gets us into top 10 for this year and another pick next year and they would retain the points required for Welsh and get Petty. Could maybe throw a second back at them next year or something like that.

A lot of things would need to align around there 1st this year being several picks higher than ours but likely to fall after a bid on Welsh.

If they are promising Petty a million a year while he is contracted, * oath we should ask for there top 5 pick if they have one.

Making promises like that is what cost Gold Coast pick 2 for Weller.

We can throw in Sparrow as steak knives if we have to.

If they are promising Petty a million a year while he is contracted, * oath we should ask for there top 5 pick if they have one.

Making promises like that is what cost Gold Coast pick 2 for Weller.

We can throw in Sparrow as steak knives if we have to.
What a s**t example lol GC overpaid massively because for the only time ever a good young player at the time wanted to go to them.

One of the worst trades you'll ever see

What a s**t example lol GC overpaid massively because for the only time ever a good young player at the time wanted to go to them.

One of the worst trades you'll ever see

Reason they paid overs is because they committed to Weller and said they would get it done.

I don’t see how Adelaide trying to throw $1m a year at Petty for multiple years in a row is too different.

Reason they paid overs is because they committed to Weller and said they would get it done.

I don’t see how Adelaide trying to throw $1m a year at Petty for multiple years in a row is too different.
Because Adelaide aren't insanely desperate to find anyone who wants to play for their club and won't just give up something because you ask? Lol

I know the CBA has changed, but if they did offer that it's odd to throw a million at Petty along with Rankine who they're already paying for

Remove this Banner Ad

Back