List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Eh the pick order doesn't really count for much in the MSD. Newcombe would be just about the only genuine gun to come from it and he was already in the Hawks system at VFL level.
If there's anyone lighting up a lower competition right now they'll be gone before our pick.

If there's anyone lighting up a lower competition right now they'll be gone before our pick.
Just saying the success rate is way more unpredictable with the MSD. It's basically the equivalent of a third or fourth round draft. Much more luck involved. If you look back at other years there is no real order in quality. John Noble and Pickett were two of the the last three picks of the 2019 draft where Carlton picked Josh Deluca with pick 1 and we picked Kyle Dunkley with 3.

Just saying the success rate is way more unpredictable with the MSD. It's basically the equivalent of a third or fourth round draft. Much more luck involved. If you look back at other years there is no real order in quality. John Noble and Pickett were two of the the last three picks of the 2019 draft where Carlton picked Josh Deluca with pick 1 and we picked Kyle Dunkley with 3.
Fair enough, think they've mostly just been shit players

Yeah as I said, Newcombe would be the only genuine gun. If you're lucky you'll get a c-grader who can play a role.
Durham and Noble have both been handy pickups, but yeah, not much after that.

Love that North even managed to butcher a mid-season draft pick, taking Jacob Edwards over Newcombe.
I don't blame them for that. Plenty of VFL players are guns at the level only for it to not translate at all in the AFL.

Magner was getting like 45 possessions in the VFL towards the end of his career with us and he was shit.

Is there any reason why we cannot put Joel Smith on the inactive list other then pissing his old man off like we always seem to do of late.
I think its only to do with injury cover. Gus had to retire due to injury. Smith, I'd assume is similar to the Taryn Thomas sitch in Norf, in that it's more of a discipline/disrepute scenario, ergo no extra list spot or spot freed up.

We need a gorilla KPP to cover May and I'm not sure Andrew is that but jeez he's exciting to watch.

Would be fun to see him 2nd ruck and play up forward as a target too with his athleticism.

We need a gorilla KPP to cover May and I'm not sure Andrew is that but jeez he's exciting to watch.

Would be fun to see him 2nd ruck and play up forward as a target too with his athleticism.

May is the one pushing hard for us to look at Lachie Voss apparently. Been to watch him a few times and loves him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May is the one pushing hard for us to look at Lachie Voss apparently. Been to watch him a few times and loves him.
Interesting, but when you say apparently could you clarify to say where you got this from?

Yeah as I said, Newcombe would be the only genuine gun. If you're lucky you'll get a c-grader who can play a role.
Jake Riccardi came out of the VFL (know he wasn't a mid season draft pick but still) to become a very good player.

Jake Riccardi came out of the VFL (know he wasn't a mid season draft pick but still) to become a very good player.
Oh yeah plenty of gems found at that level. Fritta and Stewart for example. Just talking about the MSD specifically and the value of the pick order. Also worth noting that for the most part the best recruits are recruited from a teams VFL affiliate.

Oh yeah plenty of gems found at that level. Fritta and Stewart for example. Just talking about the MSD specifically and the value of the pick order. Also worth noting that for the most part the best recruits are recruited from a teams VFL affiliate.
Lets give that Mitch White fellow a go

With tomlinson surely gone at season ends and obviously filling in when either lever or may go down, we’ll have no one to replace him also.
I’m not a huge fan but would some one like Josh battle be ideal?

I know we only want to trade A graders in but obviously we hardly do that.

With tomlinson surely gone at season ends and obviously filling in when either lever or may go down, we’ll have no one to replace him also.
I’m not a huge fan but would some one like Josh battle be ideal?

I know we only want to trade A graders in but obviously we hardly do that.

More worried about the forward end talls tbh. Tomlinson will go, but if we take Voss and he turns out an ok prospect, then we have Turner, Adams, *Petty, Lever and Voss going forward in the post-May era.

*Pending him staying and being put in the backline again given his rank form forward.

Forward we have JVR and then mayyyyyybe Jefferson in a year or two if he develops. Brown, Schache, Smith all gone this year, Fullarton will hopefully be depth, but that's it.

Battle is an unrestricted free agent, so don't hate the idea, but given the likely contract he'd want and the fact he'd know he'd be depth for us I don't think we're a big chance anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back