List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Did they change the way the next gen academies work again or did I dream that? I thought the first 40 picks were protected, making the academies mostly pointless as a recruiting mechanism.

Did they change the way the next gen academies work again or did I dream that? I thought the first 40 picks were protected, making the academies mostly pointless as a recruiting mechanism.
Yeah all of those names are useless unless they're s**t

I'm bored, let's talk trades.Two names I'm keen to keep an eye out.

Tyson Stengle is an Unrestricted Free Agent at the end of the year and there doesn't seem to be any reports that he's closer to a new deal. He was supposedly very close with Eddie Betts when he was their assistant coach back in 2022 where he kicked 53 goals. Hasn't exactly recaptured that form since but is still a dangerous player. Would he be of interest? Him, Koz, Fritta and McAdam (when fit) is a dangerous combination of smalls and medium.

The other is Hugh McCluggage. Another who is out of contract at the end of the year and whilst I think he ends up staying at Brisbane, I'd be happy to throw the line and see what comes out of it. I rate him extremely highly and would certainly be a good Brayshaw fit.

I tried to look for a few tall forwards who are out of contract and whilst there are reports that Jamarra is closing in on a new deal, the only one I see that's potentially still available is Logan McDonald. I think he ends up staying anyhow.

I'm bored, let's talk trades.Two names I'm keen to keep an eye out.

Tyson Stengle is an Unrestricted Free Agent at the end of the year and there doesn't seem to be any reports that he's closer to a new deal. He was supposedly very close with Eddie Betts when he was their assistant coach back in 2022 where he kicked 53 goals. Hasn't exactly recaptured that form since but is still a dangerous player. Would he be of interest? Him, Koz, Fritta and McAdam (when fit) is a dangerous combination of smalls and medium.

The other is Hugh McCluggage. Another who is out of contract at the end of the year and whilst I think he ends up staying at Brisbane, I'd be happy to throw the line and see what comes out of it. I rate him extremely highly and would certainly be a good Brayshaw fit.

I tried to look for a few tall forwards who are out of contract and whilst there are reports that Jamarra is closing in on a new deal, the only one I see that's potentially still available is Logan McDonald. I think he ends up staying anyhow.

Yeah I'd be happy to offer Clug a monster deal. Would complement our midfield so well, but just can't see him leaving.

The other UFA id be keen on is Isaac Cumming at the Giants. Gun key defender but wouldn't be on much coin considering the other stars there. Definitely keen to aim to sign him if Petty leaves.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yeah I'd be happy to offer Clug a monster deal. Would complement our midfield so well, but just can't see him leaving.

The other UFA id be keen on is Isaac Cumming at the Giants. Gun key defender but wouldn't be on much coin considering the other stars there. Definitely keen to aim to sign him if Petty leaves.

Yeah Cummings is a gun.. Really set them up well last year off half back on their charge towards September.

What's his current situation? Why hasn't he been playing?

Yeah Cummings is a gun.. Really set them up well last year off half back on their charge towards September.

What's his current situation? Why hasn't he been playing?
Injured, he's still best 22.
Giants have a young team and got rid of alot of dead cap room, it'll be harder then ever to steal kids off em I reckon

I'd be happy to throw coin at Mcluggage but I think he's wasted a little in our team if he's forced to play wing only. We'd have to kick one of Viney, Oliver or Trac out of the stoppages and centre bounce more often so he could get truly damaging.

He's so good you just bring him in if you can.

Viney is getting older, Trac could play more forward, clarry is still probably one misdemeanour away from disaster ...

He's so good you just bring him in if you can.

Viney is getting older, Trac could play more forward, clarry is still probably one misdemeanour away from disaster ...

I agree I just think he's wasted on the width of the G, I like him much more as a tram Trac player who's always between the two 50m arcs and the centre square with. He's so damaging

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I want to go after John Noble. I know we have a few of his type already but I'm not convinced Laurie is going to make it as an AFL player and Noble and Bowey in the backline is some elite ball use right there.

I wish we'd be keen on Bailey Smith but maybe a terrible inclusion with some culture issues already at the club.

I want to go after John Noble. I know we have a few of his type already but I'm not convinced Laurie is going to make it as an AFL player and Noble and Bowey in the backline is some elite ball use right there.

I wish we'd be keen on Bailey Smith but maybe a terrible inclusion with some culture issues already at the club.

I've thought the same re Noble. Really good player who seems on the fringes at the Pies.

They're right on the tip of being an absolute powerhouse of a club of the competition.

The days of their talent wanting to up and go is numbered now.
I think they probably could have hung on to players if they weren't playing boring footy under Cameron. Despite losing talent they've still managed to keep a decent list intact, they haven't really had a rebuild only a refresh. Losing guys like treloar, shiel, tarranto, hopper didn't really hurt. However Cameron and bobby hill would be fantastic in that team now.

Keep saying it but we need to invest in KPD's before worrying about KPF's. Not sure who is available but we really need to look to target someone in a trade if there is nothing there in FA.

Would love it we could shake Sam Taylor loose.

I'd like either Harris Andrews or Alex Pearce.

Keep saying it but we need to invest in KPD's before worrying about KPF's. Not sure who is available but we really need to look to target someone in a trade if there is nothing there in FA.
There is Denver Grange Barrass who was a pick 5 in the 2020 draft. 195cm tall defender who's had some injury and form issues at Hawthorn.

Is currently out of contract. Remember watching him in his draft year and thought he certainly had a lot of potential as a good AFL defender.

There is Denver Grange Barrass who was a pick 5 in the 2020 draft. 195cm tall defender who's had some injury and form issues at Hawthorn.

Is currently out of contract. Remember watching him in his draft year and thought he certainly had a lot of potential as a good AFL defender.

Haven’t watched him much myself but he’d certainly come cheap.

He's been a bit of a flop - hasn't put on as much size as you like and doesn't look capable unless he's a spare.

Could be worth a crack on the cheap but I actually prefer Disco's development over his and see them as similar types.

Hes pretty poor.

Was one of the kids who came through the junior years in lockdown so a lot of assumptions were made. Hawks got this one wrong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back