List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon we've got plenty of options for that type of player: ANB, Chandler, Hunter, Kozz, Windsor, Spargo etc. We've got plenty of decent runners fitness wise on the list, most with solid skills albeit none with elite speed imo, and Baker wouldn't really bring that.

The issue is we don't use them effectively. Throwing squillions at Baker doesn't fix that problem

Other than Kozzie, i don't think our line-breakers are as good as LiamB.

He's class through the middle of the ground, and comes with the urgency others seems to lack most of.
Ours try to line-break, but they seem to have to look hard first... without knowing where people are 'instinctively', in their minds eyes.
The time saved moving the ball forward is a huge advantage, and he comes with the skills required to hit the target on the run.
Spargs has been overtaken by Chins; so we have in reality Kozzy & McChin with the creativity the others lack. Spargs has this creativity, but lacks the speed to do maximum damage.

Baker runs all day, has the shitte, tackles as well as Viney, and hits his forwards... seizes the opportunities.

It's stay at Tigers and become captain, or go home to WA. No point putting any energy into trying to poach him. I think we have bigger needs as well. Need to replace May, top up the mids and find a forward or two that can kick a goal. If we're throwing that kind of money around, try and poach Callaghan from GWS? Or Mac Andrew from GC. Hell, go after Sam Taylor if we have that kind of money to spend! (which i don't think we do)
Mac Andrew. Height: 202cm Weight: 84kg.... we have to get on our bikes after him... but he is not ready for the kind of coin i'm talking about for Liam Baker.

Finn Callaghan Height: 192cm Weight: 86kg ... we have disco as a swing man, and as far as defence goes, we lack real Height.
Mac Andrew could solve this down back, and could pinch in the ruck on occasion, & a good set of hands... Contract Status: Out of contract at the end of 2025_

Baker (26Yrs 3mths), would bring us leadership together with his skillset... and is in the right age bracket to compliment cOliver and our other up&comers.

check our age profile below

see our age structure...

Inside 2 years, we are looking at the loss of Gawny, May, TMc... Viney is already 30+... Salem is currently 28+, and lacking a yard.
Petracca is already 28Yrs 3Mths. 2 Yrs time will see him hit the 30 mark. And together with AngusB Age: 28yr 3mth, who has already finished up this year.
Following with Nibbler, Age: 28yr 3mths... is the same age.

Bailey Laurie might be creative, but lacks the pace of the LBakers of this AFL world.

Last edited:
If we got that much money and space in the cap let's try shake Curnow loose instead lol.
Mid-fields win you matches,. and class in the midfield is dynamite.

The Curnows and McKays straiten up teams, but so does 'midfield-class' on the hoof.

.... remember, speed kills.

I'll agree; we need to find some more tall talent to follow on from the Jeffersen airship' :think:, and herbet Adams :think: down back... But lets get to the draft, for these types.

It's stay at Tigers and become captain, or go home to WA. No point putting any energy into trying to poach him. I think we have bigger needs as well. Need to replace May, top up the mids and find a forward or two that can kick a goal. If we're throwing that kind of money around, try and poach Callaghan from GWS? Or Mac Andrew from GC. Hell, go after Sam Taylor if we have that kind of money to spend! (which i don't think we do)
I don't agree, that he will only stay at tigerland...

If the price is right he could move, (not necessarily to Perth) and the Tiges also need picks to fast track a resurgence.

We could afford to make a package to both Baker and the Tiges. Heavily front ended.

I reckon we've got plenty of options for that type of player: ANB, Chandler, Hunter, Kozz, Windsor, Spargo etc. We've got plenty of decent runners fitness wise on the list, most with solid skills albeit none with elite speed imo, and Baker wouldn't really bring that.

The issue is we don't use them effectively. Throwing squillions at Baker doesn't fix that problem
Windsor is a goodun, but is more-so a straight-line capable type; Baker with his agility/speed combination is a need imv.

Bakers step and acceleration is a thing of beauty. and delivery forward, spot on.

Let try to keep our window OPEN.

Last edited:
For a ruck, I reckon either Meek or Reeves will be very gettable from Hawthorn pretty quickly. Both can play but there really is only room for one of them in that 22.

KPD is interesting. Think there is a quiet league wide shortage of quality players here, and you can point to a couple of teams really struggling to fill the gap: North are obvious, but plenty of teams only have 1 or have 2-3 B-C graders in there. The fact that the likes of Cordy, Zerk-Thatcher, Frost and Frampton are holding down key posts says a lot. Not saying I have a solve but itd be nice for us to either develop one of our own or find a gem from the state leagues.

For a ruck, I reckon either Meek or Reeves will be very gettable from Hawthorn pretty quickly. Both can play but there really is only room for one of them in that 22.

KPD is interesting. Think there is a quiet league wide shortage of quality players here, and you can point to a couple of teams really struggling to fill the gap: North are obvious, but plenty of teams only have 1 or have 2-3 B-C graders in there. The fact that the likes of Cordy, Zerk-Thatcher, Frost and Frampton are holding down key posts says a lot. Not saying I have a solve but itd be nice for us to either develop one of our own or find a gem from the state leagues.

Meek or Reeves aren’t joining us whilst Max is still here.

Meek or Reeves aren’t joining us whilst Max is still here.
No but it also may not be a this year problem. Reality is it could fall off quickly for him at any point over the next few years now. I don’t think ruck is something we worry about this year though assuming all is well for him this season.

I think we just keep a constant eye. Which club has two clear #1 rucks, and is one gettable?

No but it also may not be a this year problem. Reality is it could fall off quickly for him at any point over the next few years now. I don’t think ruck is something we worry about this year though assuming all is well for him this season.

I think we just keep a constant eye. Which club has two clear #1 rucks, and is one gettable?

I don’t even think we need a ruck from another club. Our ruck development is historically excellent I’m happy to not invest any sort of capital into that position post Gawn.

I don’t even think we need a ruck from another club. Our ruck development is historically excellent I’m happy to not invest any sort of capital into that position post Gawn.
Yeah and apart from Gawn most premiership rucks are absolute trash

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah in list meetings I hope ruck is the absolute last thing they talk about
No doubt.

Item 1:

Goody - I think we should discuss the ruck situation
Everyone else - no, shut up
Goody - but
Everyone else - We said shut up

I actually think I confused him with Jack Buckley

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Yeah, can see that happening. If Cummng wasn't injured he'd be playing wing ahead of Wehr, I'd think .... very much doubt he'll leave. But one or two guys stuck in the 2s could be gettable

No doubt.

Item 1:

Goody - I think we should discuss the ruck situation
Everyone else - no, shut up
Goody - but
Everyone else - We said shut up
Next item
Goody- "32 year old half retired key forward anyone?"

homer simpson episode 21 GIF

Last edited:
Jeff has said his son would be nominating the dees. But in an interview this year he played a straight bat. He’s a huge Dees fan so hopefully wants to run around on the MCG every second week.
In terms of where he is ranked I’ve heard varying things. Maybe an early pick or maybe a late pick. Plenty of upside at 200cm and capable of playing key position.

Verrall coming along nicely, even showing he can go forward and kick some goals in the VFL, averaging around a goal a game so far this year.

A friend of mine down in Melbourne sent me a message the other day saying his boy played against Marley Davey (son of Aaron) and he reckons Marley absolutely tore the game apart.

Ran around playing as a midfield/forward and kicked 6 goals for the day which I'm pretty sure was at school level. Reckon he was a clear talent above everyone else.

Marley made the move this year down to boarding school in Melbourne and is currently attending Xavier College.

Still a lot of water to go under the bridge but 14 year old prospect who's worth keeping an eye on.

I thought I heard Kalani is just using GC for their academy because they live up there at the moment - and will definitely select the Dees when push comes to shove

Remove this Banner Ad

Back