List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 24, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
It's time I tells ya, it's time and Ticky009 can't stop me.......well alright she could, but tentative talk re; Logan, Errol, JUH, Zurhaar etc, academy games have started and even Gettable is back on AFL.com so.......

In terms of the 2024 draft we have our own 1st rounder, NM's 1st end of 1st rd priority pick, no 2nd rounder (Grundy trade) and our own 3rd rounder.

FWIW and based on nothing more definite than the feelgood factor around the club I think we'll retain all those OOC* players that we wish to.

*https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/afl-senior-list-contract-status.1141970/

Last edited:

Its the final countdown..

Happy Birthday Countdown GIF by The3Flamingos

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Freo overpay for Logan, would take that and try pinch Jesse Hogan or JUH. We need someone to take control of the forward line and then everyone plays off the positioning of the main fwd. I doubt Logan or Amartey are doing that right now

If Freo overpay for Logan, would take that and try pinch Jesse Hogan or JUH. We need someone to take control of the forward line and then everyone plays off the positioning of the main fwd. I doubt Logan or Amartey are doing that right now

I don't think there is going to be any pinching of Ugle Hagan at the last moment. That would have to have been in train for a while, or not at all.

With Armatey not showing nearly as much as hoped & McLean only serviceable - we have to invest in Logan.

But I sense he’s a huge risk.

I understand Amartey frustration but he does regularly take big pack marks and convert from the 50.

Definitely no issue with what he's capable of imo

We currently have pick 15, 19 and 53.

We don't need much. Just a lot of re-signing's plus a gun KPD and some steak knives.
Could be some left field trades but I'm confident the side wants some premierships in the next few years.

Rucks
Covered for the next 12+ years with Grundy(30) and Green(18+) and Stretch plus you know who. McLean also can ruck.
Stretch unsigned.
No issues here.

Mids
We have a plethora of young mids under 24 in Rowbottom, McInerney, Gulden, Jordon, Warner, Campbell plus Sheldrick, Mitchell, Cleary and Kirk.
Throw in experience in Mills, Parker, Adams plus Heeney.
As a group they are only getting better.
No issues here.
Rowbottom has a 4 year deal on the table apparently. Gulden, Mitchell and Kirk still unsigned.

Forwards
Young key forwards in McDonald, McLean, Amartey plus Buller and Reid.
Smalls in Papley, Wicks plus Konstanty.
Mediums in Heeney and Haywood.
Magor had a good game in VFL this week. But I am unsure what his true position is. Named in Centre.
Hopefully we resign McDonald.
McDonald, Haywood, Fox, Reid, Buller, Konstanty and Magor still unsigned.

Defenders
Our back 7 looks pretty good and surprisingly youthful. We have been regenerating an experienced outfit gradually. Roberts added to the group this year.
Rampe(33)
Lloyd(28)
Florent(25)
McCartin(24)
Blakey(24)
Roberts(20)
Cunningham(30)
Mills or McInerney could replace Rampe at some time. A small defender usually appears to replace Cunningham.
McCartin has a small history of concussion. A risk.
We have 7 KPDs in McCartin, Melican, Hamling, Edwards, Francis and Arnold plus I forgot Snell* That is 7. 7 is too many plus we need class.
Florent, Melican, Cunningham, Francis, Edwards, Vickery, and Arnold remain unsigned.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back